PDA

View Full Version : More milestones...

Rower_CPU
Jun 20, 2003, 12:59 PM
Well team, we passed the 500k point mark last night and are on the verge of breaking the 45k/week mark. :eek:

Keep it up guys, and thanks to the new members for joining up! :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 20, 2003, 01:10 PM
Very cool! I can just imagine that when I get my new dual 2 GHz 970 I'll be able to pump out an extra couple or more a day.....;)

Just want to keep doing my small part.....and I just passed 3000 points today too!

D

jimthorn
Jun 20, 2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Well team, we passed the 500k point mark last night and are on the verge of breaking the 45k/week mark. :eek:

Yeah, it looks like we broke another daily MacRumors record yesterday with 7,359 points (according to Extreme Overclocking). Of course, every few days we break it again! Go team!

On my meager equipment, I finally hit 500 points myself. hooray and stuff.

Vlade
Jun 20, 2003, 04:14 PM
Now I will be even more useless on this teem with my poor 733MHZ G4.

I know 2 people getting the new machines though :)

bertinman
Jun 20, 2003, 04:37 PM
woohoo!

Rower_CPU
Jun 21, 2003, 03:28 PM
Damn, we broke the hell out of the 45k barrier! :eek: :D

50k looks very reachable now...

pEZ
Jun 22, 2003, 12:04 AM
If we can pull 50k out of our asses, I'd be more than a happy camper - and of course those with a history of Alzheimers in their families (like me) will be even happier.

bertinman
Jun 22, 2003, 08:58 PM
pEZ --

sorry bud, not following you, but no matter ;).

I trying to figure out why I jumped above 1k then came back down... nothing I can think explains it. Oh well.

If I'd had stayed up there we'd prob be over 50k a week since we were 48k already.

- bert

pEZ
Jun 22, 2003, 10:18 PM
bertinman -

Sorry 'bout that. My posts don't always make sense. I simply meant that it would be just as awesome for us as a team as it is for the research that folding helps for us to arrive at 50k.

That doesn't make sense either, does it.

Anyway, I think we really have a shot at 50k, especially if I can get my friend's two computers back on to folding. He's stopped for some reason, I gotta see what's up.

bertinman
Jun 23, 2003, 09:34 AM
pEZ -

der, of course. should have seen that. my fault. I think it was the fact that I spent last couple hours reading the new Harry Potter book. not a freak about the book, but still like the duels in it.

- bert

Vlade
Jun 23, 2003, 03:18 PM
How much do you guys think these new macs will help us? How many K a week extra?

pEZ
Jun 23, 2003, 10:04 PM
I think someone's just gotta try the dual script on a new 2.0 GHz dual G5 - and then let us know of the results. It will sure help to have "The world's fastest computer" on the Mac teams. I'd personally like to see ALL the Mac teams shoot up, that would only tell everyone that these things must rock.

Rower_CPU
Jun 23, 2003, 10:12 PM
We've got a shot at an 8k day today...this could push us up to 50k for the week if we're up ther again the next day or so...:)

MrMacMan
Jun 24, 2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
We've got a shot at an 8k day today...this could push us up to 50k for the week if we're up ther again the next day or so...:)
Maybe we can do it.

Note: To all who said they were gonna buy the Dual 2.0, GO OUT THERE ARE GET THEM! :D

And if anyone is at WWDC go and 'accidentally' install folding on that puppy! :D