PDA

View Full Version : Third Apple Store planned for Manhattan

Deepdale
Apr 27, 2007, 02:39 PM
According to an article in the business section of today's New York Post, Apple has leased space for a new store to be located on Ninth Avenue and 14th Street. It should be a big place ... more than 32,000 square feet.

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/04/25/apple-plans-a-third-nyc-store/

MattyMac
Apr 27, 2007, 05:01 PM
Sweeeeeeeet!

I work in Manhattan...the more apple stores the bettter. Most importantly another sweeeeeeeet grand opening. However I doubt anything will compare to last years Fifth Avenue grand opening celebration. It was amazing!

mustard
Apr 28, 2007, 01:21 AM
That seems suprising being that the SOHO store seems dead since the 5th Ave opening - but I am all for it:)

SkAlex
May 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
It's interesting how apple keeps setting up shop in NY's most trendy and fashionable retail spots - areas that are almost entirely dominated by incredibly upscale clothing stores. The meatpacking district (specifically 13th and 14th street off of 9th Ave.) has pretty quickly become what SoHo was a few years ago in terms of trendy fashion - apple should fit right in over there.

emanaydin
May 3, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yayy another :apple: store =)

latergator116
May 4, 2007, 08:09 AM
It's interesting how apple keeps setting up shop in NY's most trendy and fashionable retail spots - areas that are almost entirely dominated by incredibly upscale clothing stores. The meatpacking district (specifically 13th and 14th street off of 9th Ave.) has pretty quickly become what SoHo was a few years ago in terms of trendy fashion - apple should fit right in over there.

What's even more interesting is what the meatpacking district was like say 25 years ago......my how things have changed.

GFLPraxis
May 5, 2007, 02:04 AM
Ugh, and yet they don't have any apple stores in the northwest U.S. outside of Seattle...

Build them elsewhere! Manhatten has too many!