PDA

View Full Version : Everybody recruit 1 user!

Vlade
Jun 20, 2003, 06:55 PM
If we could all recruit just one new user, imagine how much it would help.

I recruited another 733MHZ G4 used by Quicksilver.

Post who you are recruiting here :) Maybe we could get a prize for who recruits the most :p

pEZ
Jun 20, 2003, 10:12 PM
I've already recruited 4, does that still count?

Vlade
Jun 21, 2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by pEZ
I've already recruited 4, does that still count?

Theres no real scoreboard, so yes :)

maradong
Jun 21, 2003, 10:48 AM
i got 5 ( but for my team ;-) )

AppleMatt
Jun 21, 2003, 11:12 AM
I've almost got one, he's in the market for a new machine and came to me for advice on getting an Apple, he seems pretty set on it.

I've told him to wait until Monday.

AppleMatt

edit (he will be folding!)
edit 2: is it possible to change your stanford account name but still keep stats? Then I could join the macrumors team without having to start over.

MrMacMan
Jun 21, 2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
I've almost got one, he's in the market for a new machine and came to me for advice on getting an Apple, he seems pretty set on it.

I've told him to wait until Monday.

AppleMatt

edit (he will be folding!)
edit 2: is it possible to change your stanford account name but still keep stats? Then I could join the macrumors team without having to start over.
No, unfortunately stats cannot be transfered from team to team or from name to name. :(

pEZ
Jun 21, 2003, 11:36 AM
Wouldn't that be wierd - mc68k suddenly transfers to another team and our total drops by over 120,000....there goes the rank.

MrMacMan
Jun 21, 2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pEZ
Wouldn't that be wierd - mc68k suddenly transfers to another team and our total drops by over 120,000....there goes the rank.

ha mass panic. :eek:

bertinman
Jun 21, 2003, 05:25 PM
you can just change the team id to ours :)

that way your username will keep your score and your overall rank, but you will be now adding any new points from that computer to us! (the old will not be transfered...)

you can have multiple team designations. So, say you have your own team but you want to help out a friend or some other team you could maybe bring one computer over to that team ID (with the same user ID) and everyone would be happy :)

- bert