Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brookied

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
All shots are part of a Street Photography series in Dublin 2007/2008,
These were taken on a Nikon D70 with a kit 18-70mm Lens.
Please feel free to comment.

DSC_9237.jpg

CenterJour1_8800.jpg

DPC_Church_8390.jpg

hapenny2_med_8441.jpg

Thanks
Darren

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Wow Darren! These are great. The second one is especially moving; the lighting and the perspective on it is awesome. The two bridge ones are well-exposed as well. I think the flaring from the light might be a bit distracting, yet I find that it adds nice diagonals to the first image in particular. These are all around great.

brookied

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Guys
thanks for the comments, Very kind.
i notice the comments on the light flares, With this work i am trying to leave as much information in the shot as was captured. My ethos (for want of a better word) is to find a good point of view that i am happy with, If i see lens flare then it stays in the finished shot.

To much digital photography now i feel is ultra clean, i want to get my work back to a more real state and i feel that it adds to the overall shot.

thanks and if interested I can post a few more
:D

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Guys
thanks for the comments, Very kind.
i notice the comments on the light flares, With this work i am trying to leave as much information in the shot as was captured. My ethos (for want of a better word) is to find a good point of view that i am happy with, If i see lens flare then it stays in the finished shot.

To much digital photography now i feel is ultra clean, i want to get my work back to a more real state and i feel that it adds to the overall shot.

thanks and if interested I can post a few more
:D

I completely hear you on the want to have more natural-looking images. There is such a thing as having too much tweaking. From HDR (something I've been guilty of), to the dragan filters, which, while producing a truly interesting feel and look, really do take the challenge out of producing a proper photograph and replace it with a bunch of photoshop workflows. In many ways, I'm glad that you have a strong opinion about this, and that there are some people, like you, that are still capable of appreciating and seeking perfection from the lens, rather than from the healing brush. Like I said- the flares actually accentuate the pictures, and in this case, an ultra-clean image would produce an empty and uninteresting sky. Keep up the good work, and I'm sure that all of us here at MR would be glad to see more of your work in the future.

brookied

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Thanks for that,
i think from a photography stand point in 2007 i am starting to build a tiny bit of reputation on my black and white stuff.

my goal is to become a full time photography in 2008/2009 so i am sure you will see plenty more shots in the future

brookied

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
May I ask what your settings were on these photos?

They look great!

OK All shots ona Nikon D70 set on (M) all with a Remote release.
some of the setting
ISO200

exspoure ranges from 1sec to 8 secs
F Stops all 2.8 or lower

also tripod essential.

sthpark7791

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
Those look very nice! I must agree with the people regarding the second one, it's amazing!
Can't wait to pick up a dslr for myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.