Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicjames92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
im goin on a road trip and i want some good non online free mac games for the road. any reccomendations?

magicjames92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
1. japanese
2. ball games=eh
3. would be decent of the ai was beatable and not much story or anything

magicjames92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
freespace might have been cool but download time was 8 hours and it looked complicated. sketch fighter was cool but its not really free

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Seriously, Cave Story is awesome. Who cares if a Japanese guy wrote it? You know that wildly popular game, Super Mario Brothers? I have news for you... a Japanese guy wrote that too! Same goes with a lot of games out there.

agraek

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2007
Gridwars is seriously the most addictive and fun, free game I have played on the mac (it's cross platform, too)

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2007
http://www.wesnoth.org/

wesnoth-1.2-c.jpg

b0ned0me

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2006
whats so special about marathon? i always hear good things about it
It was Quake-level game tech but released just before Doom 2 came out, if I recall. You could look up and down, grenade jump, use dual-fire weapons, all sorts of very funky stuff that was years ahead of other FPSs. By the standards of the time the controls were massively complex (meaning you needed more than the seven bindings that were necessary to play Doom like a pro). Two triggers :eek:

Haven't played it in a decade - might need to give it a whirl when I'm done with STALKER.;)

okolo

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2007
Georgia
im goin on a road trip and i want some good non online free mac games for the road. any reccomendations?

That's the only thing mac hasn't built up on yet as far as their creativity goes. many gamers only have a PC because of the lack of mac games.

Still gotta love mac.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY IT
i have it installed and patched but it did not come with instructons
and how do u kill things

From the *ahem* manual:

Move left and right - Left-arrow and right-arrow
Look up - Up-arrow
Search (or look down in midair) - Down-arrow
Jump - Z
Fire weapon - X
Change weapon - A (back) and S (forward)
Item Screen - Q
Display map (requires item) - W

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.