PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable AA's (for wii remote)

sam10685
May 1, 2007, 08:40 AM
I bought an Energizer slider battery charger the other day with 8 2500 mAh AA rechargeables... the first time i opened 4 of them, i charged them overnight and then the next morning i went through all 4 of them in about 30 minutes. Is there something i can do?

gkarris
May 1, 2007, 08:47 AM
Are those the highest mAh?

The Wiimotes may be taylored for Alkelines.

xUKHCx
May 1, 2007, 08:49 AM
Are those the highest mAh?

The Wiimotes may be taylored for Alkelines.

Pretty much you can get 2700 from Uniross, my housemate uses Uniross' in his Wii remote and from expereince he says he gets about 5 hours of playing time.

Poopface Morty
May 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
I have a set of rechargeables (Energizer) I use for my Wii-motes and they have been lasting quite a while, on Wii games and Wii VC games. I usually don't have to replace until after accumulating several hours of gameplay.

pilotError
May 1, 2007, 09:01 AM
Not really re-chargeable AA's, but has anyone used the Nyko charge station?

http://www.amazon.com/NYKO-TECHNOLOGIES-87000-Charge-Station/dp/B000LFJNF2

I ordered one from circuit city (still on its way). I read on Ars Technica? that everyone who bought one was very happy with it.

zero2dash
May 1, 2007, 09:06 AM
I bought an Energizer slider battery charger the other day with 8 2500 mAh AA rechargeables... the first time i opened 4 of them, i charged them overnight and then the next morning i went through all 4 of them in about 30 minutes. Is there something i can do?

Return them because they are defective.
I have the same batteries (8 total as well), use 2 in the Wiimote, 2 each in both of my 360 controllers + 2 in our Powershot A540.

They last a good 30-40 hours at least and I believe I'm lowballing that figure.

Your batteries or your charger (or both) is defective; I'd take it all back and exchange them.

SamIchi
May 1, 2007, 11:22 AM
Return those and get these.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sunpak-acc-m1078-01-aa-2650mah-nimh-rechargeable-battery-bulk-pack/q/loc/111/202883001.html

$15 (after Google Checkout) for 20 rechargeables, 2650 mAh. Beset deal I could find, there's also this site:

http://www.all-battery.com/?engine=adwords!6040&keyword=%2Arechargeable+battery%2A&match_type=content

Which has some good deals. But it looks like they raised the price a little.

I got the Sunpak's and they are awesome. Buying name-brand rechargeables from retail is rape. I have enough rechargeables for my 3 wavebirds, 4 360 controllers and my 3 Wiimotes. and plenty more on reserve.

They are, for whatever reason, ever so slightly longer than my other rechargeables (like less than 1mm). They wouldn't fit in my DVD remote. That doen't matter, I use them for my gaming.

Oh yea, you'll also need a charger if you don't already have one. The longer the charge, less wear on the batteries, which in turn equals more battery charges. A lot of chargers you find are "quick charge" which isn't that great for battery life, but if you need batteries quick they're good. I have a 5 hour one which works nicely. Make sure it's a smart charger, so it shuts off by itself. As long as it's a Ni-MH charger you can use them for all Ni-MH rechargeables.

ghall
May 1, 2007, 11:45 AM
I definitaly get better mileage with standard, non-rechargeable batteries with my Wiimote, but the rechargeables aren't that bad (they usually last about 2 hours).

sam10685
May 1, 2007, 11:54 AM
Return those and get these.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sunpak-acc-m1078-01-aa-2650mah-nimh-rechargeable-battery-bulk-pack/q/loc/111/202883001.html

$15 (after Google Checkout) for 20 rechargeables, 2650 mAh. Beset deal I could find, there's also this site:

http://www.all-battery.com/?engine=adwords!6040&keyword=%2Arechargeable+battery%2A&match_type=content

Which has some good deals. But it looks like they raised the price a little.

I got the Sunpak's and they are awesome. Buying name-brand rechargeables from retail is rape. I have enough rechargeables for my 3 wavebirds, 4 360 controllers and my 3 Wiimotes. and plenty more on reserve.

They are, for whatever reason, ever so slightly longer than my other rechargeables (like less than 1mm). They wouldn't fit in my DVD remote. That doen't matter, I use them for my gaming.

Oh yea, you'll also need a charger if you don't already have one. The longer the charge, less wear on the batteries, which in turn equals more battery charges. A lot of chargers you find are "quick charge" which isn't that great for battery life, but if you need batteries quick they're good. I have a 5 hour one which works nicely. Make sure it's a smart charger, so it shuts off by itself. As long as it's a Ni-MH charger you can use them for all Ni-MH rechargeables.

They've been in the charger and just put them in the wiimote and all of the blue lights are brightly lit so i'll play some Super Paper Mario today and see how long they last. I can't return them because they have to be sealed. (what gives? defective product.)

zero2dash
May 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
I can't return them because they have to be sealed. (what gives? defective product.)

They don't hold a charge and are therefore defective.
What store gave you that BS?

If nothing else I'm sure Energizer would send you new ones for the defective ones.

Hell I returned a spindle of 47 unused DVD+Rs at Walmart the other day, opened, no plastic wrap/bar code. The 3 I had used (in the spindle of 50, obviously) were unreadable in every drive I tried. With receipt...I got a refund.

There's no excuse for a store not letting you exchange your batteries. Speak to a manager if nothing else, I'm sure they'd do it.

SamIchi
May 1, 2007, 01:05 PM
They don't hold a charge and are therefore defective.
What store gave you that BS?

Yea, you should be able to return them because they are defective. As long as you have the reciept. At Wal-Mart, you don't even need the reciept as loing as it's sealed, but that doesn't apply here.

Either way you can get your product replaced through the store you bought it or through Energizer.

JackAxe
May 1, 2007, 02:33 PM
I have 2500 mAh Energizers and it takes me a couple of weeks to drain them. Yours are definitely defective.

How's the power in your house? Is it clean, or spotty? Just wondering if that could cause and issue with recharging?

<]=)

balamw
May 1, 2007, 03:13 PM
Don't discount the charger either.

I have an Energizer "quick charger" that leaves the batteries with far less useful charge than either a couple of Sony or Panasonic chargers I got at Costco. (3 days vs. 10+, same batteries, same device & usage). I also have a 8 battery charger from Fry's that is somewhat in between.. The Sony I just recently got and it has a "refresh" mode that gives batteries a new lease on life.

I have noticed that the batteries seem to need to rest (cool off?) when they come out of the charger. If I try to use them right away they only seem to be able to power the device momentarily.

B

sam10685
May 1, 2007, 07:11 PM
I finally beat all of SPM chapters. (i'm slow.) The batteries seemed fine. maybe i just had to leave them in longer the first time around.

7on
May 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
The nyko charger is pretty good, sometime times I don't seat the thing right and it'll charge indefintely :-/