PDA

View Full Version : Wii Virtual Console:

Pages : [1] 2

JackAxe
May 1, 2007, 02:27 PM
I figured a new forum needs a new VC thread.

I finally added Tecmo Bowl (NES), Dragon's Curse (TG16), and WonderBoy in Monsterland (Genesis) to my collection.

I wuv Dragon's Curse. I've spent about 4 hours just farming for coins and raising my character's charisma. :o

<]=)

atszyman
May 1, 2007, 02:35 PM
I recently added Punch-Out for a blast from the past. I still have to go purchase a points card for April/May to keep up with my $10/month VC allowance.

I've currently got

Zelda:Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Castlevania IV
Punch-Out

I'm a bit heavy on the SNES (but so far it's my favorite console ever with the Wii moving up the ranks quickly). If I had waited I would have gotten the original Castlevania but how could I know it would be out on Monday?

Too bad I don't have any time to play now that our second daughter is here. Things should settle out in a week or 4 and I might actually be able to finish Twilight Princess sometime this year.

Jovian9
May 1, 2007, 02:37 PM
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World
Zelda
Zelda LttP
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Castlevania
Super Castlevania IV
Contra III: Alien Wars
Punchout
Kid Icarus

....still waiting on Zelda II :)

Dagless
May 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
Super Mario Bros
R-Type 1 & 3
Dragon Curse
Link to the Past
Mario World
Mario Kart 64
Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Probotector

Can't wait for Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, Majoras Mask, (fingers crossed) Commodore 64/Amiga games, Smash Bros, Mario Bros 3. :)

applekid
May 1, 2007, 02:58 PM
Although it might be spamming, I highly recommend using the link in my sig to get free Wii points. I already got 2000. I'm sitting on enough Gaming Lagoon points for another 6000! :) They offer lots of other game accessories for all of the consoles, so I would appreciate it if you all would check it out :D

Anyways, my haul:

Super Mario Bros. because everybody has it.
Kirby's Adventure
F-Zero
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
StarFox 64

On my to do list:

Donkey Kong Country
Excite Bike
Legend of Zelda: LttP
Sonic the Hedgehog

Disappointed only 3 million games have been sold so far. Not as successful as iTunes ;)

Sky Blue
May 1, 2007, 03:37 PM
Got my fourth free Wii Points card the other day. Can't wait for shining force!
Got Castlevania yesterday.

zero2dash
May 1, 2007, 03:50 PM
Disappointed only 3 million games have been sold so far. Not as cheap as iTunes ;)

Fixed that for you. :p
(emphasis mine)

I'm already jaded about buying games on Xbox Live and those throw in upgrades and added features.
Wii Shop channel...meh. Price drops or subscription based service is what I'd need to see before I took the plunge, I think. :confused: (neither likely to happen anytime soon I'm sure)

jsw
May 1, 2007, 04:01 PM
Although it might be spamming, I highly recommend using the link in my sig to get free Wii points.
The signature was edited. We do not allow reference links as a site policy and remove them when they're reported.

JackAxe
May 1, 2007, 05:42 PM
Free Wii points!!! :eek: Oh well, I missed something. :)

Most of my games are SNES also. I owned my SNES only for SF2, but did partialy play Zelda: LttP on it. Most of my gaming at that time was on the Genesis. If I could go back though, I would have bought a SNES earlier along with more games.

Here be me games again:
Contra 3
Dragon's Curse (Wonder Boy in Monsterland)
Dungeon Explorer
Gunstar Heros
Kirby's Adventure
R-Type 1 & 3
Street Fighter 2
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Tecmo Bowl
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Zelda
ZeldaZ: LttP

<]=)

ghall
May 1, 2007, 06:03 PM
Let's see:

Super Mario Bros.
Sim City
F-Zero
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Donkey Kong
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario World
Sonic The Hedgehog
Donkey Kong Country
Kirby's Adventure
Bomberman '93
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
Starfox 64
Mario Bros.

pilotError
May 1, 2007, 09:42 PM
I'm new to the Wii - a whole day now.

I don't know much about the virtual console, can someone give me a quick overview of what it is?

I gather that you can download old games over the internet. How do you pay? Is that what the Wii points are for?

I am connected to the Internet with it, but I haven't established an account or anything yet.

michaelltd
May 1, 2007, 10:05 PM
I'm new to the Wii - a whole day now.

I don't know much about the virtual console, can someone give me a quick overview of what it is?

I gather that you can download old games over the internet. How do you pay? Is that what the Wii points are for?

I am connected to the Internet with it, but I haven't established an account or anything yet.

You can download a variety of old games from the NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64, and others.

You use the Wii Points for purchasing these games and to get Wii Points, you would use your credit card to purchase them. This is all done in the shopping channel on your Wii.

When you purchase and download a game, it will show up as a channel on your main menu.

---

I noticed that a Mystical Ninja game has shown up on the virtual console. I really hope the N64 Mystical Ninja game shows up. I had fond memories of that game and I'd like to play it again sometime.

Sky Blue
May 3, 2007, 09:03 AM
Europe tomorrow:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4903/alexkiddxd3.gifhttp://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9881/virtuafighter2vw7.gifhttp://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3434/wonderboysr5.gifhttp://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2580/shockmanvk9.gif

bowens
May 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
Here's my list:

No high speed internet here so no VC for me. I would only buy a few but they would be Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda and Legend of Zelda:OoT

JackAxe
May 3, 2007, 07:01 PM
You don't need a high speed connection to download VC games. ;)

<]=)

zap2
May 3, 2007, 08:24 PM
really wish they'd get Metriod, Contra, Super Metriod, Mario Party, ect out for VC....doesn't seem like we've gotten an AAA for a while!

Dagless
May 3, 2007, 09:06 PM
What about Lylat Wars/Starfox :eek:

I am a little surprised to see the lack of a Metroid title though. They could at least give us the NES one and save Super Metroid for around Metroid Prime 3.

JackAxe
May 4, 2007, 01:45 AM
Dragon's Curse and Wonerboy in Monster World are AAAAAAA in me book. :o

A little off topic, but I'm playing ScummVM on my DS. :D

<]=)

Avenger23
May 5, 2007, 07:19 AM
Super Mario Bros.
ToeJam and Earl
Super Castlevania IV
Legend of Zelda
Columns
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Hockey
Street Fighter II

Wanting to add...
Excitebike
Punch Out

gloss
May 5, 2007, 08:09 AM
I really want Shining Force II.

And Phantasy Star IV, for that matter.

Dagless
May 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
There are loads that I want. But what with coursework (even other MR guys who claim to "have not played much" are surpassing me!) and all my money going on printing I can't really afford these yet.

Frankly my dear there won't be enough Wii Channel pages to hold everything I want. :(

JackAxe
May 5, 2007, 04:11 PM
Same here raggedjimmi about not enough channels. I read a blurb that Nintendo is working on a USB storage solution. I hope that it will add more channels and not just become another backup device like the SD card.

I played Phantasy Star IV on a Sega Nomad. :D I was bummed when I found out it wasn't part of my GBA Phantasy Star collection. Phantasy Star 2 is my all time favorite console RPG, mainly for nostalgic reasons. Anyway, the only Phantasy Star I haven't completed, not counting the newer 3D stuff, was PS III. I played most of the way at my friends, then his brother finished it.

<]=)

Dagless
May 5, 2007, 04:37 PM
I really can't play the 2D Fantasy Star games, my bro had a compilation of them for GBA and each one (whilst having lovely graphics) didn't pull me in. Seems a little less user friendly than classic Final Fantasy games. Haven't got around to playing any of the 3D ones :eek:

JackAxe
May 6, 2007, 03:09 AM
Yep, definitely not as user friendly compared to FF series, but they also had a bit less cheese. :p

I had forgot how confusing some of the dungeons were in PS2. But when I first played it, the game came with a strategy guide which helped to alleviate the frustration.

Anyway, I played PS2 to the point that my main character could cast the bestest best spell (Megid) 3 times before taking on Mother Brain. I was trying to get to a point that my one guy could take her on, but she had a sleep spell which made that impossible.

<]=)

atszyman
May 7, 2007, 12:59 PM
This week's releases:

Final Fight (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/405/final-fight.php)
Mighty Bomb Jack (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/483/mighty-bomb-jack.php)
Ordyne (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/519/ordyne.php)

Definitely not a stellar week...
Had Final Fight and was not amazingly impressed back when it was new so it's a good passing week.

Demetrio OS
May 7, 2007, 02:28 PM
- Dragons Curse
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land
- Star Fox 64
- Mario Kart 64
- Zelda NES
- Zelda SNES
- Super Mario World

I am waiting for Super Punch Out, TMNT: Turtles in Time and Super Metriod.

applekid
May 7, 2007, 02:51 PM
Does it feel wrong to re-buy games? I can justify spending up to $10 on old classics, but I don't know about re-buying and re-beating games to perfection.

For example, I bought Super Mario World during the weekend, but the thought of getting 96* on it again, bothered me. It's not a problem for me to start from level and go all the way to Bowser in a few hours, but trying to get a perfect game again, might be. For Kirby's Adventure, I stayed away from the remakes and re-beating it in two hours was actually satisfying, granted I have yet to beat that game to perfection.

The thought came up when I was thinking about getting Donkey Kong Country the next time I had the points, another game where I played over and over, and had 98% complete, I believe.

epochblue
May 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
This week's releases:

Final Fight (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/405/final-fight.php)
Mighty Bomb Jack (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/483/mighty-bomb-jack.php)
Ordyne (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/519/ordyne.php)

Definitely not a stellar week...

Agreed - very meh. Oh well, I was hoping for something good for the NES...oh well.

Does it feel wrong to re-buy games? I can justify spending up to $10 on old classics, but I don't know about re-buying and re-beating games to perfection.

For example, I bought Super Mario World during the weekend, but the thought of getting 96* on it again, bothered me....

I have no problem rebuying old games if it means I can get rid of my old hardware. I've been keeping my SNES and N64 around just on the off-chance that I want to play them. Now that I can just store that data on my Wii, I have no problem spending $5, $8 or $10 to pass that joy onto someone else.

And SMW isn't complete, IMO, unless you have 96*. ;)

applekid
May 7, 2007, 03:30 PM
And SMW isn't complete, IMO, unless you have 96*. ;)

I've done it once on my old SNES. I don't know if I'm willing to do it again. :(

JackAxe
May 7, 2007, 03:47 PM
This has been stated in earlier threads, but having all of these games on the Wii is not only nostalgic, but convinient. It's one system that can plug into any TV that supports up to 8 controllers. $5 - $10 for a VC game doesn't bother me, since they include on screen instructions and support my Wii's contollers. There are many games on systems like the TG16 that I've never played and this gives me the chance to do so. I look forward to thigns like NeoGeo addition later this year. I'll gladly pay $10 for a game, even though I don't think they should be priced the same as a N64 title. This was the one system I could not afford when I was younger. :o I hope they'll add SMS and GB support in the future, along with the ability to download games to my DS.

If anything, buy these games for your children if you have any. :)

<]=)

Bubbasteve
May 7, 2007, 04:25 PM
To me, the VC is what is keeping the Wii afloat (for me at least...but I haven't picked up Super Paper Mario yet)

My VC titles so far

Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World
Zelda OoT
Zelda LttP
Contra III
DKCountry
Techmo Bowl

Just to name a few....

I'm eagerly anticipating

Super Mario RPG
Illusions of Gaia
***** Chrono Trigger *****
Goldeneye
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Super Mario 3

epochblue
May 7, 2007, 04:28 PM
I'm eagerly anticipating

Yes. Yes. Yes. Greatest. Game. Ever. A must-have when it's released.

Has it been confirmed for the VC yet?

ghall
May 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario 3

3 great games.

Games I am looking forward to:
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Smash Bros.
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Super Mario Kart (in my opinion, the best in the Mario Kart series)
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Snap

JackAxe
May 7, 2007, 05:35 PM
I like Super Mario Kart better than every version except MK DS, which had it "all." :) SMK really liked to cheat though, especially at 150cc. My friend and I recall many WTF moments as the SNES would do the impossible to gain second place, if not first place at the very last moment.

I want Ogre Battle and Dragon's Warrior to add a few more. Also give me Miracle Warriors!!! :)

<]=)

JackAxe
May 14, 2007, 07:10 AM
Well, what be new for today?

<]=)

atszyman
May 14, 2007, 07:16 AM
The three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Pac-Man® (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Move Pac-Man through the maze, avoiding ghosts and eating all the Pac-Dots. Beware, each of the ghosts behave differently. When Pac-Man chomps a Power Pellet, he becomes invincible and is able to eat the blue ghosts. The more ghosts Pac-Man eats in a row, the higher the score. Don't forget to eat the bonus fruit too. Released in 1980, Pac-Man is the most well-known video game on Earth and is also commonly acknowledged as one of the most successful coin-operated games in history. Enjoy this masterpiece of gaming history today.

Ninja Gaiden™ (NES®, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): Players take on the role of Ryu Hayabusa, a rising warrior in his family's clan whose main role in the world is to protect the Dark Dragon Blade from falling into the hands of evil. Ryu travels to America to seek vengeance for his father's death. Players fight their way through 14 challenging side-scrolling levels while defeating gangs of street thugs, battling evil ninjas and fighting barbarian bosses by using the deadly Dragon Sword, ninja skills and Ninpo (ninja magic). Players can run, crouch, jump and climb as they make their way through each stage and collect items to gain points, strength and weapons.

Ninja Spirit (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, 600 Wii Points): Ninja Spirit is a side-scrolling action game that amazed the gaming world with its precision graphics and quality game play. Play as the ninja Moonlight and engage in a fierce battle to avenge his father's death and unlock the secrets of his birth. Select between the original ARCADE MODE and PC-ENGINE MODE, which includes a life gauge. Use four types of weapons: katana, shuriken, bombs and chain and sickles to battle your way through the enemies. Pick up power-up items and switch between weapons to give you the advantage. You'll need to consider the enemy attacks and your weapon's abilities in order to deftly make it through all seven stages. Use your skills and attacks to get through the game's boundless enemies and traps. That's what ninja action is all about.

link (http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=12088)

JackAxe
May 14, 2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks.

Ninja Gaiden, bleh. My friend's all digged this game big time. :)

<]=)

Dagless
May 14, 2007, 07:23 AM
OMFG. Ninja Gaiden/Shadow Warrior! That's a biggun! The NES versions are my favourite in the whole series. Absolute classics.

Thinking about getting a few VC cards today and going mad. GAME have stopped their killer half price cards :*(

JackAxe
May 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
I never had that half-price-option, so I don't feel sorry for you. :p

I played Ninja Gaiden in the arcade, but could never get into the NES version. But my tastes were different at that time. :)

<]=)

Dagless
May 14, 2007, 04:06 PM
I'd buy 2 and 3 if they were released. I bought the original NES cart (more than VC prices) just before the Wii was launched. Bad move on my behalf really. I keep wandering around town looking to buy a new games system or game for anything I currently have. But there literally is nothing. Thank god for the VC.

JackAxe
May 14, 2007, 04:25 PM
If anything you could probably get a good price on eBay for it. :)

It's tough to find the old good games, peeps tend to hold onto them, so I'm greatfull for the VC. I'm still kicking myself for not buying Street Fighter 2 Turbo Genesis when I saw it at my friend's store.

If you're looking for a new game for any system, Magical Starsign is a good game. I've bee playing it off and on for about 3 months now, if not 4. It's been the perfect pick-up and put-down RPG for me and has an excellent DS control setup. I'm looking forward to Etrian Odessy for the DS and hope it has all of the old school RPG magic I still enjoy.

<]=)

Dagless
May 14, 2007, 05:10 PM
Just found out I have 1100 points left over :) ordered myself another 4k off eBay. Bonus part is I need white DVD cases for some mock up designs for my own game!

Mario 64, Lylat Wars, Zelda I and II will be definite buys! Maybe ActRaiser. Heard it's quite good.

zap2
May 14, 2007, 05:25 PM
Pac-Man....very nice. And Ninga Gaidian, which I've heard so much about...looks like I'll pick them up, if I get some free time tonight!

JackAxe
May 15, 2007, 08:36 PM
Actraiser is gooooood. So I've heard. I look fowarad to it. :)

<]=)

Dagless
May 15, 2007, 08:43 PM
So I bought Lylat Wars. What a brilliant game. I always saw it as a 3D R-Type, and Panzer Dragoon it's spiritual sequel. Only problem is the friggin controller! I try to boost and sometimes switch to cockpit view!

I'd really love a replica N64 controller for the Wii. The first company to make one gets all my money.

JackAxe
May 15, 2007, 11:54 PM
Why would you want to go back to a N64 controller when you have a Classic Controller? :eek:

I bought that game for the rumble pack. It was short, but quite enjoyable. I kind of regret trading the game in towards credit on a Cube controller now that I look back, but at least I can get it for VC.

They should have adopted the R-Typ difficulty, then I would have never finished it. :)

How's the DS Starfox?

<]=)

Dagless
May 16, 2007, 03:13 AM
We're not going to talk about Starfox DS :( luckily the game was out in US before UK so I actually made a minor profit on reselling it.

The CC is brilliant, just not for N64 games. I haven't got it yet but I imagine the ocarina playing on Zelda would be broke because of the controller :o I'm being deadly serious too. First company to develope a fully working N64 controller for the Wii gets 4 orders off me.

Sky Blue
May 16, 2007, 01:43 PM
New releases for Eu already up:

DKC 2
Mario & Yoshi (Yoshi's Egg)

Dagless
May 16, 2007, 02:10 PM
What? Already on the server for download?

Sky Blue
May 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
What? Already on the server for download?

Yuppers, some UK holiday tomorrow/Friday?

Dagless
May 16, 2007, 02:38 PM
Hah, I really don't know.
DKC2. hmm. If the controls weren't so loose I might have bought that.

applekid
May 16, 2007, 02:44 PM
Sweet. Hoping to see DKC2 in the US soon. Although, I haven't even bought the first DKC on Virtual Console yet. :D

DKC2 was my most favorite and most difficult, in my opinion.

JackAxe
May 17, 2007, 02:06 AM
We're not going to talk about Starfox DS :( luckily the game was out in US before UK so I actually made a minor profit on reselling it.

The CC is brilliant, just not for N64 games. I haven't got it yet but I imagine the ocarina playing on Zelda would be broke because of the controller :o I'm being deadly serious too. First company to develope a fully working N64 controller for the Wii gets 4 orders off me.

I wasn't sure, I'll just be happy I didn't pick it up. :o

Just buy a CC, if not for N64 games, for the other games. It really feels much nicer than the N64 controller. :) The anolog stick is nicer and a bit easier to handle since it's not as tall. It's also in a more thumb-friendly postion.

The only thing that would be weird, is how they would handle the placement of the a - b and c buttons.

And on the N64 thing, it takes me a minute of jiggling its power adapter to get mine to turn on these days. :confused:

<]=)

Dagless
May 18, 2007, 07:02 AM
4100 points. Gah that number looks so pretty I don't want to download anything :D

A little check saw there was no Friday update. They really did just push Virtual Console Friend back 2 days. There was me hoping they were going to spoil us too :o

JackAxe
May 18, 2007, 01:54 PM
Send me some points, I'm taking hand outs. :)

Did they push VC release in UK to match the US release day?

<]=)

Dagless
May 18, 2007, 01:59 PM
I hope they don't! It's great on a Friday. 6 months in and it's become a sign of the weekend is starting. You buy on Friday and play the hell out of it on Saturday, before Doctor Who is on.

Plz don't change it NoE :(

Sky Blue
May 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
4100 points. Gah that number looks so pretty I don't want to download anything :D

A little check saw there was no Friday update. They really did just push Virtual Console Friend back 2 days. There was me hoping they were going to spoil us too :o

They actually took the games down again Wednseday/Thursday. I'm sure it'll be back to normal next week.

JackAxe
May 18, 2007, 11:06 PM
Now that I've heard why getting games on Friday is better, I'm bummed that I get them on Monday. :(

<]=)

ghall
May 19, 2007, 09:35 AM

I actually think GameCube controllers work awesome for N64 games. I never really liked the N64 controllers that much though, so yeah.

New releases for Eu already up:

DKC 2
You guys are so lucky! I love that game!

applekid
May 21, 2007, 08:49 AM
Today (US, May 21, 2007):

The three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Donkey Kong Country 2™: Diddy's Kong Quest™ (SNES®, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): In the sequel to the immensely popular Donkey Kong Country™, Diddy Kong® gets the spotlight, along with his girlfriend, Dixie Kong™ - a great little monkey with a dangerous ponytail. The action starts on the wreck of King K. Rool's Gangplank Galleon that has apparently broken up on a reef offshore from the Kremlings' Island. Diddy and his friends will have to work together to rescue Donkey Kong®, exploring all the hidden areas of the Kremlings' island: a spooky haunted forest, treacherous swamps, a giant beehive oozing with sticky honey and lava-filled caves, just to name a few.

Streets of Rage™ 2 (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): To celebrate their defeat of the Syndicate exactly one year before, Blaze, Adam and Axel met for drinks. The next morning, Axel received a frantic phone call from Eddie "Skate" Hunter, Adam's younger brother, whom he was living with on the edge of the city. Blaze and Axel found Adam and Skate's house wrecked, and a picture showing Adam chained up at the feet of Mr. X. The city then once again returned to its nightmarish state as criminals ran rampant. Unable to contact their old friend in artillery, Axel and Blaze team up with Skate and Max Thunder to free the city and rescue Adam from the Syndicate. It is up to you to take down Mr. X once and for all.

Blazing Lazers (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): Blazing Lazers is a vertical-scrolling shooter that was praised for surpassing the limitations of the hardware of its time. Players control the extraordinary firepower of their Gunhed Star Fighter to take on the Dark Squadron that has begun its invasion of Earth. Collect power-ups to increase your ship's battle strength so it can cut through enemies and defeat the bosses in all nine areas. Of course, as part of the "Soldier" series, the game contains a good combination of fast-paced speed with catchy, drum-propelled background music, coupled with the Field Thunder that can be used to destroy enemies in one fell swoop for the ultimate sense of satisfaction. With its fine-tuned difficulty levels, Blazing Lazers is a shooting game that anyone can enjoy.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=12164

Personally, I'm waiting to spend points on games I haven't owned but want to play. So, DKC2 will remain on my waiting list.

Dagless
May 21, 2007, 12:47 PM
shhhheite! SoR2! We must be getting it Soon. Sega are good at releasing games cross region close to each other.

I'd love to give SoR3 a try too.

Sky Blue
May 21, 2007, 01:19 PM
Nowt for me this week, I still have beyond oasis, castlevania and kid icarus to finish. Man, I played the crap out of SoR2 when I was a kid, great game.

Dagless
May 25, 2007, 06:49 AM
Mario Bros 2 is out here! And 2 others that I've already forgotten.

I'm tempted to buy. Didn't like the GBA version. This is one of them games that the NES graphics charm works really well on (just like Kirby and Mario Bros 3 IMO).
Probably just a bit upset at no Streets of Rage 2 here :o one of the greatest games ever be that.

atszyman
May 28, 2007, 02:57 PM
For the US this week

Actraiser (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/126/actraiser.php)
J.J. & Jeff (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/531/jj-jeff.php)
Kid Chameleon (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/286/kid-chameleon.php)

I liked Actraiser back in the day but remember borrowing it from a friend and beating it relatively easily so I might have to pass on this one until a later date. Not too impressed with the others...

I want Zelda II and SMB2 darnit.

Dagless
May 31, 2007, 08:15 PM
Streets of Rage 2 (YES!)
Kid Chameleon
ToeJam and Earl

are Europes games tonight.

Sky Blue
May 31, 2007, 09:58 PM
Toejam & Earl 2

(which is awesome)

Antares
Jun 1, 2007, 11:25 AM
Streets of Rage 2 (YES!)

:confused: Are you getting it or have you decided to sit on your 4100 points, like you said you wanted to?

Dagless
Jun 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
SoR2 is on the list of legendaries :)

now... Super Metroid, Goldeneye, Yoshis Island, Sonic 2 & 3 and (somehow) R-Type 2 please Nintendo. I might put Majoras Mask on there since I only played the original for a short while.

Sky Blue
Jun 1, 2007, 02:36 PM
Zelda II on Monday for the US...woooo

Jovian9
Jun 1, 2007, 03:27 PM
Zelda II on Monday for the US...woooo

Finally :)

pcypert
Jun 1, 2007, 03:34 PM
As a kid I was always frustrated by II for some reason...I think I didn't like the side scrolling parts of it coming off of hours and hours of the original...am excited to give it a go again now.

Paul

JackAxe
Jun 2, 2007, 01:29 AM
I couldn't get into Zelda 2 either, but it's one of my friend's favorite games from that time, so I'lll give it a try this time around.

Must complete me Zelda collection.

<]=)

Sky Blue
Jun 4, 2007, 09:08 AM
WII-KLY UPDATE: FOUR NEW CLASSIC GAMES MARK WII SHOP CHANNEL MILESTONE

June 4, 2007

For six months, classic games have flowed at a steady rate into the gaming reservoir that is the Wii Shop Channel. And this week Wii™ fans will see that pool of games hit a new high-water mark, as Nintendo adds a wave of new entries: Nos. 97, 98, 99 and 100. Why not dive in and see what treasures you find?

The four new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Milon's Secret Castle® (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 500 Wii Points): It is a world where music is the language of the people. An evil warlord from the north arrives and captures the castle. The princess is imprisoned deep within the castle, and the world's musical instruments are taken and hidden away. Our hero, Milon, takes it upon himself to fight the warlord, rescue the princess and recover the people's musical instruments. He has only his wits and the magical Bubble to aid him on his quest. Help Milon along the way by looking for hidden doors, finding secret items and defeating fierce enemies. Make sure to look for the shops inside the castle, where you can buy hints and valuable items. Whenever Milon finds a Music Box, he will be transported to a bonus stage. Each instrument you find will add a layer to the background music. Try to grab all seven instruments to create a performance worthy of a music-themed game.

ToeJam & Earl™ in Panic on Funkotron (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 800 Wii Points): During ToeJam and Earl's trip back home, a number of Earthlings hitchhiked on their spaceship and are now infesting planet Funkotron. ToeJam and Earl must track down the Earthlings in order to capture them in large jars and ship them back to Earth in spaceships. It is also their funky mission to find 10 beloved objects belonging to Lamont the "Funkapotamus," the source of all funk in the universe, so they can persuade him to return to his favorite funk-filled planet. ToeJam and Earl must use their "funk powers," such as Funk Move and Funk Scan, to assist in evading and capturing the Earthlings.

Dead Moon (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): This side-scrolling shooter includes a total of six scenes spanning areas from Earth to the moon. The story begins with a comet discovered in the vicinity of Pluto that is headed on a sudden collision course with Earth. Mankind narrowly succeeds in diverting the comet's course, and it crashes into the moon. However, investigations into the damage uncover that what hit the moon was not a comet, but a gigantic mother ship. Power up your ship, destroy enemies and fight your way through the bosses in an attempt to reach the moon's core and protect Earth from alien invasion. Enjoy the unique world of Dead Moon, including various stages with beautiful backgrounds, a power-up system that increases your attack as well as your defense and bosses that have you altering your ship's direction to fight them.

... and the 100th game in the Wii Shop Channel:

Zelda II™ - The Adventure of Link® (NES, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): Link returns to Hyrule to search for the Triforce and to awaken Zelda from an endless sleep. Embark on a quest to find the Triforce of Courage and save Hyrule from ruin. Learn magic spells, talk to people in towns to get clues, collect items to increase your power and explore six palaces where the underlings of the evil Ganon await you. This sequel to the Adventure classic uses a side-scrolling visual engine unique to the series for more technical combat, and features more in-depth world roaming as Link encounters townsfolk while on his quest.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Dagless
Jun 4, 2007, 09:57 AM
I wonder why the US gave Link 2 all this fanfare, when it was just quietly launched on the EU a while ago. Did Link 2 originally sell better in the US than here?

JackAxe
Jun 4, 2007, 10:31 AM
There be no Z2 fanfare over here. ;)

<]=)

Antares
Jun 4, 2007, 12:28 PM
Milon's Secret Castle! Booya! :D

atszyman
Jun 4, 2007, 02:19 PM
.. and the 100th game in the Wii Shop Channel:

Zelda II™ - The Adventure of Link®

Damnit, does this mean we have to wait for 200th to get SMB2 or God forbid what number they are waiting to hit for SMB3....

Antares
Jun 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
Damnit, does this mean we have to wait for 200th to get SMB2 or God forbid what number they are waiting to hit for SMB3....

I'm think around the time Super Mario Galaxy is released..a few weeks before to build up the hype.

Dagless
Jun 6, 2007, 07:33 AM
Mario World - Spotted this in town yesterday. *see price*, same price as a NES and N64 game on the VC. And they're not tattered!

Chrono - :eek: ...

pcypert
Jun 6, 2007, 09:24 AM
Probably even more of a deal for UK/EU folks as games over there were already expensive and relatively harder to come by. I have shops in my town where Super Mario World is 1 US dollar and Chrono is only 10 or so.

Paul

Dagless
Jun 6, 2007, 09:47 AM
Like I said in the RE4Wii thread. Prices here are terrible. Pokemon Emerald is going for £29 second hand, £35 brand new. But people pay them. A week later an Chrono wasn't in the shop anymore :(

atszyman
Jun 8, 2007, 04:34 PM
For Europe this week:
Adventures of Lolo (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/511/adventures-of-lolo.php)
Balloon Fight (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/524/balloon-fight.php)
Dead Moon (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/532/dead-moon.php)

Mario World - Spotted this in town yesterday. *see price*, same price as a NES and N64 game on the VC. And they're not tattered!

Chrono - :eek: ...

For that price you could get a PSone or PS2 and Final Fantasy Chronicles (http://www.square-enix-usa.com/games/FFC/) and also get FFIV to play.

Sky Blue
Jun 11, 2007, 08:03 AM
June 11, 2007

Seems like these days everybody's just running around, grabbing whatever they can for themselves. Some are after gold nuggets, some want rings and some are trying to recover a stolen axe. Doesn't anybody talk anymore? Why don't you grab a few warm cookies, pour yourself a glass of cold milk and fire up the Wii™? We'll play games and tell stories from simpler times.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Lode Runner® (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): This landmark action-puzzle game has been a worldwide fixture in video games from the moment of its inception until today, producing many sequels and related products along the way. The player controls the hero, or "Runner," who collects gold nuggets located around every stage, all the while avoiding capture by enemy robots. The action itself is simple, but the stages are designed as increasingly challenging puzzles, and none of the 50 stages is as easy as it seems. The Runner avoids enemies by digging holes in the floor to the right and left of his position—by doing this, he can clear a path to places that, at first glance, seem unreachable. Players must use their brains to collect all the gold nuggets in every puzzling stage if they want to escape to the next. In addition to normal play, this version of the game features an Edit Mode that allows players to design their own stages, adding a new level of enjoyment to the game.

Sonic the Hedgehog™ 2 (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik) is back to continue his zealous search for the Chaos Emeralds needed to fuel his new Death Egg contraption. The evil doctor secretly follows Sonic to his vacation spot, Westside Island, and launches a full-scale attack, imprisoning all the helpless animals of the island and turning them into mindless worker drones. Now Sonic must thwart the doctor's plans at all costs. This time he isn't alone, as a peculiar two-tailed fox named Miles Prower (aka Tails) decides to aid him in the battle. Together they must locate the Chaos Emeralds before Dr. Eggman does, and put an end to his diabolical scheme.

Golden Axe™ II (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older – Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Not long after the devastating reign of the wicked Death Adder, another evil arose. Dark Guld and his minions invaded and took hold of the prized Golden Axe with plans to destroy it. Once again, as a fierce barbarian named Ax-Battler, a fearless female Amazon known as Tyris-Flare or a ferocious dwarf named Gilius Thunderhead, you will wield steely swords and powerful magic in an all-out war to recover the sword. Once you slash your way through the six side-scrolling levels

pretty yawn worthy week.

JackAxe
Jun 11, 2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, kind of eh. I'm OK with it though, since I still haven't completed the abundance of good games I've already bought.

<]=)

applekid
Jun 11, 2007, 07:09 PM
Sonic 2 would get me half-way to my old Sega Genesis collection. (Toy Story was the other Genesis game I had which I doubt will come out anytime soon.) :D

Dagless
Jun 11, 2007, 07:27 PM
Sonic 2 :eek: we must be getting it this Friday. If you don't like Sonic 2 you can't come to my party :(

Vidd
Jun 11, 2007, 07:29 PM
Sonic 2 :eek: we must be getting it this Friday. If you don't like Sonic 2 you can't come to my party :(

Sonic is so horribly over-rated. I remember as a kid wanting to play it and couldn't wait when older to get Sonic Mega Collection. Blech.
Mario platformers have kept their charm, even the original Super Mario Bros is still fun.

Sonic on the other hand...

I'm really waiting for Kirby Super Star and another game that I'd like to play will never make it.
Poor Plok (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plok).

Dagless
Jun 11, 2007, 08:20 PM
Sonic hasn't matured? I beg to differ. It's the constant battle for Sega (Sonic?) Team trying to recreate the original feel that gets me. The music and gameplay is on par with Mario, though I favour Mario more where level and game design is concerned.

Again - Sacrilege!

pcypert
Jun 11, 2007, 08:22 PM
I'm down for the Sonics...played one and two tons thanks to a girlfriend that loved to yack on the phone.

still waiting for my Castlevania II though...

Paul

Vidd
Jun 12, 2007, 07:31 AM
Sonic hasn't matured? I beg to differ. It's the constant battle for Sega (Sonic?) Team trying to recreate the original feel that gets me. The music and gameplay is on par with Mario, though I favour Mario more where level and game design is concerned.

Again - Sacrilege!

You've misunderstood. I said that the original games are still fun even compared to todays games, not that the series had matured better. Which it has. :)
On par with Mario? You wish. ;)

Dagless
Jun 12, 2007, 08:28 AM
Starlight Zone.

Dagless
Jun 14, 2007, 06:57 PM
We got F-Zero X :eek:

Thanks Nintendo!

I loved this game. Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, Mario 64, Goldeneye, OoT and Lylat Wars made up the "most worn carts" part of my N64 library.

And some JJ Top game? I heard about this some years ago. Apparently it's uber funny.

atszyman
Jun 18, 2007, 07:23 AM
This weeks offerings. (http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=12481)

Of course I just finished my little quest/requirement of finishing SCIV and SMW to allow myself to purchase another VC game (or two). I think the original Zelda and sequel are going to be the lucky contenders as soon as I get out to buy a points card. I still owe myself one for April/May and another for June/July. I think my $10/month VC allowance might actually be too generous.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

NES Open Tournament Golf™ (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): We all knew that Mario™ was a top-notch plumber, but did you know that he could also be a world-class golfer? You can challenge another player in Stroke, Match and Tournament modes. Play on three fantasy courses in the USA, the UK and Japan and try to win a million dollars. Make sure you keep an eye on the wind and distance to the hole before selecting your club, or else you'll be racking up some high scores - which is exactly what you don't want to do in this game. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced golfer, NES Open Tournament Golf is perfect for those days when you just can't get to the local golf course.

World Sports Competition (TurboGrafx-16, 1-5 players, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Play through a total of 18 Olympic events in this action/sports title. Players compete in six categories of events that include shooting, archery, rowing, swimming and track and field. The game features Olympics mode, where you play all the events over the course of a few days, and Training mode, where you can choose individual events to play. After practicing in Training mode, go for the gold in Olympics mode and break world records. Depending on your play time and ability, you can enjoy the game a number of different ways. Gather friends and play in competitions with up to five players to get even more out of this great game.

Bloody Wolf (TurboGrafx-16, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Animated Blood, Violence, 600 Wii Points): Enter alone, deep into enemy territory to rescue the kidnapped President in this overhead-view action shooter. Take on the role of a commando in a Special Forces team and face your enemies with an onslaught of weapons, including machine guns and grenades. Earn valuable information, weapons and items by rescuing POWs. Fight your way to the end of each stage and defeat the boss by effectively using your weapons and equipment. This port of the insanely popular arcade game features refined graphics, story and cut-scenes, making this action game a must-have. This new and enhanced version includes the never-been-told second half of the story that was left out of the arcade version.

applekid
Jun 18, 2007, 08:33 AM
Well, I guess there's nothing to spend my 2000 points card on today. Guess I should download DKC and Zelda:LttP sometime though. :)

GFLPraxis
Jun 18, 2007, 09:00 AM
Sonic 3 & Knuckles ranks among the best 2D games of all time. Period.

applekid
Jun 18, 2007, 09:09 AM
Well, I just downloaded DKC, DKC2 (didn't know it got released recently), and Zelda:LttP...

I counted up all the points I spent on VC games... 9600... :eek: Damn you microtransactions.

The good news is I probably only spent $40-50 on points. I got plenty of freebies and discounts. :)

Dagless
Jun 18, 2007, 02:32 PM
I don't see the appeal with Sonic 3. Maybe I missed it too late but it doesn't have the same charm as 2 IMO. That said I will definitely be buying it in the vain hope I'll be able to complete it this time!

I thought you guys would have got F-Zero X since it came out in Japan, then EU a few days later.

Sky Blue
Jun 21, 2007, 08:03 PM
EU gets Mega Man! wooo

I got the GC collection for $15 the other day, but the convenience is nice.

zap2
Jun 21, 2007, 08:21 PM
Wow, I'm far behind in VC purchases....I need to pick up Starfox and Sonic 2 for sure....and I'm sure I can find some more to buy.

atszyman
Jun 22, 2007, 07:36 AM
EU gets Mega Man! wooo

I got the GC collection for $15 the other day, but the convenience is nice.

I picked up the collection for PS2 a couple years ago for $30. I'm torn on this. I'd love to play the MM games on the VC but the PS2 versions are pretty decent as well... dilemmas.

I love the games but how many formats to I need them in?

atszyman
Jun 25, 2007, 03:59 PM
This week's releases (http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=12551)

F-Zero® X (Nintendo® 64, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Choose from 30 different hover-car racers, including updated versions of the Blue Falcon and other vehicles from the original F-Zero, and get ready to play one of the fastest racers ever. You'll speed to the finish line on tracks that twist and turn through the air, doing your best to avoid the other 29 cars on the track. If you're in a competitive mood, try to win a Grand Prix Cup, get the fastest lap time in a Time Trial or destroy the competition in a Death Race. You can also challenge three friends in the Versus mode. With five separate play modes, hidden vehicles and courses, and an excellent soundtrack, F-Zero X still represents one of the best racing titles to date.

Street Fighter® II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen –Violence, 800 Wii Points): Street Fighter II defined gaming in the 1990s by revolutionizing the fighting-game genre. Regarded as one of the greatest games of all time, Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting was the third and final release in the original series. Featuring the eight original World Warriors (including Ryu, Chun Li and Guile) along with playable boss characters (Balrog, Sagat and M. Bison), this classic title offered enhanced playing speed and improved character balancing.

China Warrior (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older –Violence, 600 Wii Points): China Warrior is a side-scrolling action game that was released around the same time as the TurboGrafx16 in Japan. It's up to the kung fu master Wang to defeat the Dark Emperor, who stands atop the kung fu world in China. Punch, kick and jump-kick enemies along the path that lies between you and the three bosses of each stage. Skillfully fight your way through all four stages, and be sure not to miss recovery items while dodging enemy attacks. China Warrior boasts character size and detail that rivaled all other games at the time of its release. Exciting one-on-one fights against the game's realistic bosses will make you feel like you're in the middle of a kung fu movie.

Possible future purchases in SFII and F-Zero-X but not overly compelling this week for me.

Dagless
Jun 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
Some obscure song popped onto my iPod earlier and reminded me of Chuck Rock 2's octopuss boss level. I really hope we somehow see that game reappear on the VC, shame it won't be the Amiga version though.

Still can't see the point of all this Pre-SF3 hype that's going on for all downloadable services. 3 was perfect in balance, wide character selection, music and the whole -ism strategy. Obviously it only applies to fighters with more or less featureless levels and redundant story.

AppleGuy08
Jun 26, 2007, 01:47 AM
I love Wii Virtual Console, but I have one complaint. When are they gonna put in freakin Goldeneye?!? Sure, I do have it for my N64 which is in my closet (perfectly usable) But i wanna play it on my Wii!!! Anyone know?

Also, lets talk about Wii Ware. When are more apps going to be available? Im totally behind on all my Wii news and stuff. Aernt they going to release an app that will let you type to your Wii through your DS? Someone please fill me in! Anything will be greatly appreciated.

atszyman
Jun 27, 2007, 07:22 AM
I love Wii Virtual Console, but I have one complaint. When are they gonna put in freakin Goldeneye?!? Sure, I do have it for my N64 which is in my closet (perfectly usable) But i wanna play it on my Wii!!! Anyone know?

Golden Eye is in a state of licensing ambiguity. Rare was the studio that made GoldenEye and of course they are now owned my Microsoft. So the only way I see GoldenEye coming to the Virtual console is if it is also released on X-Box Live.

Sky Blue
Jun 27, 2007, 08:33 AM
I love Wii Virtual Console, but I have one complaint. When are they gonna put in freakin Goldeneye?!?

here we go again...

AppleGuy08
Jun 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
Ooooh ok, i didnt have any idea about the whole Rare and microsoft thing. My bad.

Dagless
Jun 28, 2007, 08:28 PM
We got some Wolf game and some Kirby golf game. Unimpressive week really. With the sheer volume of NES games we should be getting at least 1 of them a week.

Sky Blue
Jun 28, 2007, 09:01 PM
This can not be said enough:

Kirby's Dream Course is awesome.

If you have points, buy this game.

applekid
Jun 28, 2007, 09:26 PM
This can not be said enough:

If you have points, buy this game.

Eh, it was okay. :) It didn't really hold my attention very long. Decent multiplayer game to whip out at parties though.

I don't see why Nintendo doesn't release more than 3 games every week. If they did it like iTunes and try to get a good chunk of their own video game library up and any other willing publishers, I think sales of VC games would probably be higher. My 2 cents.

Dagless
Jun 29, 2007, 06:04 AM
I think they need to revamp the shop. Now it's getting bigger navigating is becoming a pain. In the EU we're up to 8-9 pages now on the master list.

A recommendation feature, search, games by character/universe, a standard list of all games on a single page. plz.

Sky Blue
Jul 2, 2007, 07:17 AM
WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

July 2, 2007

This week the Wii Shop Channel is all about a healthy diet. Grab lots of vegetables, drink plenty of water and top it off with some eggs. As an appetizer, might we recommend starting with Super Mario Bros. 2™, a delicious morsel starring everyone's favorite plumber. But in this game, players can control three other characters as well. As an entrée, try the dolphin. Not to eat, of course, but to play. Ecco™: The Tides of Time is a swimmingly fun underwater adventure. Finally, let a multi-headed dragon help you cleanse your palate in DRAGON SPIRIT™. This week is a veritable feast of delicious games.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Join Mario™, Luigi, Princess Toadstool and Toad in an incredible fantasy world on a quest to save the day. This time, they have little more than vegetables to defend themselves with. Pick up items and throw them at your adversaries to clear levels in seven massive worlds. Even enemies can be picked up and tossed across the screen. Each character has a unique set of abilities: Luigi can jump higher and farther than any of the other characters, Toad can dig extremely fast and pull items out of the ground quicker than anyone and the princess is the only one who can jump and hover temporarily. This unique installment in the Mario series will keep you coming back for more.

Ecco: The Tides of Time (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): In this sequel to Ecco the Dolphin, everyone's favorite underwater hero must battle the Vortex Queen and her hive of drones. The wicked queen followed Ecco back to Earth from the future and quickly established her hive. It's up to Ecco to defeat this alien threat by navigating the depths of his side-scrolling world, solving puzzles and receiving help from his marine-mammal friends. When Ecco used the time machine to save his pod, he split the stream of time in two. He must now restore the rift before the world is permanently changed into a mechanical world, sucked dry by the Vortex.

DRAGON SPIRIT (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): A fantastic world of adventure unfolds in this vertical-scrolling shooter. Sealed away by the gods long ago, the Evil Demon of Darkness, Zawell, seeks to rise again and unleash a new reign of evil. The brave warrior Amur races to rescue Princess Alicia from the demon's wretched clutches. Amur takes the form of the legendary Blue Dragon and fights his way through the legions of monsters that await in the sky. Battle your way through eight different areas, using your Dragon Breath to bring down airborne targets and Fireballs to wipe out targets on the ground. Destroy flashing enemies and smash Eggs to uncover different kinds of power-up items. Boost your firepower by increasing the number of heads your dragon has, and defeat all the bosses as you make your way to Zawell's dark lair.

Dagless
Jul 2, 2007, 08:55 AM
I'm waiting on the Stars/Points crossover to take place before I pick up Mario 2. I remember as a kid I got excited for getting up to level 1-3, thinking I was ossom. Never did get past that...

Antares
Jul 2, 2007, 10:41 AM
I'm waiting on the Stars/Points crossover to take place before I pick up Mario 2. I remember as a kid I got excited for getting up to level 1-3, thinking I was ossom. Never did get past that...

Jimmi, you are ossom. ;)

Nothing for me this wiik. I'm still on the fence regarding all the Mario games. I already have two versions of them all (except 64) and don't know if I want to buy them for a 3rd time.

Jovian9
Jul 2, 2007, 04:42 PM
Super Mario Bros. 2 :)

Now I can go download this and Zelda 2. I loved both of these games!!!

pcypert
Jul 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
Zelda 2 and Mario 2 were games that stumped me as kids. I beat the first of each series over and over...but wasn't till I went back later and played that I could finally beat them. Both were kind of odd departures from the original (for the time)...at the time I way under-appreciated both...fun to get to play them now.

Paul

Dagless
Jul 5, 2007, 06:11 PM
Sonic 2, Golden Axe 2, Ecco 2 and some other stuff.

Not a bad one! I smiled at seeing Sonic 2 there. That's a definite buy for me, perhaps Golden Axe too (I used to play Dynasty Warriors on my Amiga hoping for it to be as good as Golden Axe :D ).

Bubbasteve
Jul 8, 2007, 11:17 PM
Recently purchased Mario 2 and I love it but I wish they released Mario All Stars from the SNES... I realize coming from a business stand point releasing each game individually will bring in more $$ but I hope somewhere down the line once all of the games are released they will release Mario All Stars (because I prefer the SNES version of Mario 2 vs. the NES... but that's just me and my silly opinion)

Vidd
Jul 9, 2007, 08:32 AM
Recently purchased Mario 2 and I love it but I wish they released Mario All Stars from the SNES... I realize coming from a business stand point releasing each game individually will bring in more $$ but I hope somewhere down the line once all of the games are released they will release Mario All Stars (because I prefer the SNES version of Mario 2 vs. the NES... but that's just me and my silly opinion)

That was my first home console game ever and I'd definitely buy it.
As you said, though, it woudln't help the sales of the NES games unless, like OoT in Japan, they brought the price up from the usual 800 points.

Sky Blue
Jul 9, 2007, 09:08 AM
blah, poopy week this week for US.

Vidd
Jul 9, 2007, 09:30 AM
I'm waiting on the Stars/Points crossover to take place before I pick up Mario 2.

Do you have any idea when that's taking place? Seems like we're waiting ages...

atszyman
Jul 10, 2007, 06:14 AM

I'm convinced that All-Stars will be released, however, I don't think we'll see it until the sales of the included games falls below a certain threshold on the VC sales. If you can sell each game for $5 it's more lucrative, but if you can sell them all for $8 to those who won't purchase alone you'll also get sales to those who only bought 1-2 of the others and cannot justify another $10 for the others.

For example, I see a lot of people who will by SMB 3 and many of these would also pick up All-Stars for $8 when released to get the other games resulting in $8 more in Nintendo's pockets where they only would have had $5 before. And you cannot discount the über-fans who would buy all the versions and All-Stars.

Sky Blue
Jul 13, 2007, 09:26 AM
Paper Mario and Air Zonk for Europe.

Damn you, EU, you don't deserve Brawl until 2009 now.

Dagless
Jul 13, 2007, 10:10 AM
Holy crap! Paper Mario!

I've never played it. Is it good? It sounds like a must-buy.

BoyBach
Jul 13, 2007, 10:20 AM
Holy crap! Paper Mario!

Paper Mario: The Thousand-year Door was my favourite Gamecube game.

I haven't played the N64 version (yet), but WOOT!

:D <- Me = very happy.

Sky Blue
Jul 13, 2007, 10:25 AM
Holy crap! Paper Mario!

Never played the N64 one, but the GC is excellent. Super Paper Mario is a bit meh.

Antares
Jul 13, 2007, 10:35 AM
Has anyone played China Warrior? That game sounds pretty cool from the description. Is it worth a purchase?

BoyBach
Jul 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
Has anyone played China Warrior? That game sounds pretty cool from the description. Is it worth a purchase?

I find this website (http://www.vc-reviews.com/) to be useful - especially with more obscure titles.

They gave 'China Warriors' (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/534/china-warrior.php) a one-star rating, by the way.

(Plus it's run by the old 'Mean Machines' people. Ah, the memories!)

Antares
Jul 13, 2007, 09:02 PM
I find this website (http://www.vc-reviews.com/) to be useful - especially with more obscure titles.

They gave 'China Warriors' (http://www.vc-reviews.com/review/534/china-warrior.php) a one-star rating, by the way.

(Plus it's run by the old 'Mean Machines' people. Ah, the memories!)

Thank you for the link! And I think I'll steer clear of China Warriors....

pcypert
Jul 13, 2007, 10:54 PM
I loved the 64 version. I played it before the others though so that probably helped. It doesn't have near the complexity of the latter ones. Great buy regardless...

Paul

BoyBach
Jul 14, 2007, 02:03 PM
A list of some games recently rated by the ESRB (www.esrb.org):

Duck Hunt

Mario Bros. 3

Pilotwings

Super Metroid

Zombies Ate My Neighbour

:D

Dagless
Jul 14, 2007, 04:10 PM
Mario Bros. 3
Super Metroid

I see your :D and raise you :eek::D

pcypert
Jul 14, 2007, 08:16 PM
Count me as excited...but a blind man in Jersey sees these coming out near the release of Prime and Galaxies...

Paul

Dagless
Jul 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
Truuuueee in Europe we got Excite Bike just before Excite Truck, and Paper Mario just launched with Paper Mario 3 (whatever it's called) just around the corner.
I'd love a good few long-lasting VC games out for the rainy Summer days.

Hell, right now give me Metroid 1.

JackAxe
Jul 15, 2007, 02:08 PM
After about 2.5 weeks, I now have internet again!!! :eek:

I bought SF2 Turbo, Actraiser, and Zelda 2. This is how out of sync I am with the rest of the world. :)

<]=)

Sky Blue
Jul 16, 2007, 10:17 AM
Paper Mario - N64 - 1000 Points

Silent Debuggers - TurboGrafx-16 - 600 Points

Balloon Fight - NES - 500 Points

For US today.

applekid
Jul 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
Anybody notice that little blurb when you open the Wii Shop Channel about gameplay videos. They tell you to open up the web browser and go to wii.nintendo.com! They should really just embed those in the store...

And after Paper Mario I have a mere 542 blocks... Um, Nintendo... USB Mass Storage or SD card support for the channels can come any day now...

iKwick7
Jul 16, 2007, 11:14 AM
Paper Mario - N64 - 1000 Points

Silent Debuggers - TurboGrafx-16 - 600 Points

Balloon Fight - NES - 500 Points

For US today.

Paper Mario is finally out?? This will be the first time I fire up my Wii in months!

MacRumorUser
Jul 16, 2007, 12:19 PM
Paper Mario is finally out?? This will be the first time I fire up my Wii in months!

LOL I know how you feel. I only just started playing mine again and the game I'm playing.... GC Paper Mario :D

Haven't been following this thread so a couple of questions.

1) Star Points.. Have these finally kicked in yet in Europe so I can download some games

2) Paper Mario is that USA only ? Did it even make Europe on the N64, I remember MarioRPG snes never did.

epochblue
Jul 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
Oooo - Paper Mario! I loved that game...perhaps I'll be buying some more VC games tonight...

Sky Blue
Jul 16, 2007, 01:28 PM
1) Star Points.. Have these finally kicked in yet in Europe so I can download some games

No, rumblings it could be happening soon though.

2) Paper Mario is that USA only ? Did it even make Europe on the N64, I remember MarioRPG snes never did.

It came out for the VC in Europe on Friday.

JackAxe
Jul 16, 2007, 01:36 PM
Only 542 blocks left Applekid. That bites!!! But then again, it means you have way more games than I. :)

I would also like rumbling support.

<]=)

Dagless
Jul 16, 2007, 02:25 PM
I'm running out of space, and yes MRU. It's out here. I'm buying it when my family go on holiday next week.

Star Points will be happening soon, the new agreement on the stars makes it feel like the exchange feature is imminent. I emailed NoE and they just said "That should be operational soon". I hate soon. There's just no indication of when!

JackAxe
Jul 16, 2007, 02:37 PM
Soon always means after your option has expired. :)

<]=)

Vidd
Jul 16, 2007, 04:59 PM
I'm running out of space, and yes MRU. It's out here. I'm buying it when my family go on holiday next week.

Star Points will be happening soon, the new agreement on the stars makes it feel like the exchange feature is imminent. I emailed NoE and they just said "That should be operational soon". I hate soon. There's just no indication of when!

I was convinced it would have happened already! I'm going mad waiting!
It's such a good idea but the wait is awful.

Dagless
Jul 20, 2007, 04:57 AM
So us guys got Metroid :)

I've already got it on the GB Classics so I'll be skipping. But wow! Wasn't expecting it still! Looks like Super Metroid will be coming out round about Prime 3 time :o

MacRumorUser
Jul 20, 2007, 05:50 AM
I was convinced it would have happened already! I'm going mad waiting!
It's such a good idea but the wait is awful.

God yeah, I'm willing to get loads of downloads, but dont want to fork out €10 each for them, when I have thousands of stars gathering dust. :)

srobert
Jul 23, 2007, 07:30 AM
Hurray! Shining Force now available!

People who like Fire Emblem will also like Shining Force. Too bad that they've been ruining the franchise's reputation recently with all those poor spin-offs.

Sky Blue
Jul 23, 2007, 08:12 AM
WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

July 23, 2007

Ah, the three classic summer leisure activities: golf, pinball and battling hordes of evil creatures. Luckily, it's Monday and once again Nintendo has you covered. Players can hit the crazy links with the spherical Kirby, become a pinball wizard or just enjoy an afternoon of helping good triumph over evil. So pour yourself a tall glass of lemonade and settle in for some classic gaming fun.

Kirby's Dream Course™ (Super NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Step up to the tee for the wackiest golf game of your life. This one- or two-player game features a floating golf course in the sky. High above Dream Land, players can pitch and putt the ever-popular puff ball, Kirby, through a maze of three-dimensional obstacles on a zany checkerboard course. Players must aim for the multitude of enemies that are spread throughout each fairway. Kirby must hit all the enemies to make them disappear, and the last one becomes the hole. Sink Kirby into the hole to advance to the next stage and clear all 8 courses – 64 holes in all.

Devil's Crush (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone – Animated Blood, Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): Devil's Crush is the exciting sequel to the hit pinball game Alien Crush and features even smoother ball movement and enhanced special effects. Shoot the ball onto the board with the Devil Shooter, then use flippers and nudging to keep it in play and rack up a high score. Complete certain conditions to play up to six different bonus stages. Get a "Perfect Clear" on those to earn a huge amount of points. The game's ominous theme is enhanced by its enemies: wandering skeleton knights, sorcerers and even a giant face that changes from a goddess to a sinister serpent.

Shining Force™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): In ages long forgotten, Light fought Darkness for control of the world. Finally, the Ancients defeated the evil ruler of the dark forces known as Dark Dragon and cast him into another dimension, though he vowed to return in 1,000 years. As time passed, all memory of Dark Dragon was buried, and the land of Rune enjoyed 10 centuries of peace. Yet, as promised, the dark ruler returned, along with hordes of evil creatures that ravaged the land. As chaos erupted, several strongholds of Good still held out, awaiting a hero who could wield the Powers of Light.

The list of downloadable games is updated weekly on Nintendo's Online Press Room at press.nintendo.com. For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Shinnnnnnnnnnnninininininininig Fooooorce

woooooooooooooooooooooo

KDC is awesome too. Great week.

Antares
Jul 23, 2007, 01:40 PM
Hurray! Shining Force now available!

People who like Fire Emblem will also like Shining Force. Too bad that they've been ruining the franchise's reputation recently with all those poor spin-offs.

So, it's a tactical rpg type of game?

srobert
Jul 23, 2007, 01:47 PM
So, it's a tactical rpg type of game?

Definitely. It's very/oddly similar to Fire emblem. Vey similar gameplay/mechanics.

JackAxe
Jul 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
Shining Force. :D

I wish I could trade in some of the VC games I bought for newer ones. :o

<]=)

Antares
Jul 23, 2007, 02:01 PM
Shining Force. :D

I wish I could trade in some of the VC games I bought for newer ones. :o

<]=)

No trade-ins. But you can always delete any VC games you no longer want. Have you tried that?

And ooh...it looks like I'll be downloading Shining Force, then.

zap2
Jul 23, 2007, 02:04 PM
I was looking at VC games, and they have mario bros 2...... How did I miss that!!

gloss
Jul 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
Shining Force!!! Yes!

Now they need Shining Force II and III I'll be a happy camper.

JackAxe
Jul 24, 2007, 03:22 PM
No trade-ins. But you can always delete any VC games you no longer want. Have you tried that?

And ooh...it looks like I'll be downloading Shining Force, then.

Now why would I do that sort of thing. ;) I paid money for them and it's my new hobby. :) THe only game I would like to kill, but won't, is Dungeon Explorer. If I could trade it in for half the points I would be happy.

I back up all my games to a SD card and if Nintendo doesn't release a USB storage device this year, I'll have no choice but to delete channels to make room for newer games.

<]=)

atszyman
Jul 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
Now why would I do that sort of thing. ;) I paid money for them and it's my new hobby. :) THe only game I would like to kill, but won't, is Dungeon Explorer. If I could trade it in for half the points I would be happy.

Well if you don't care about your saved games you are always welcome to re-download any VC games you have previously purchased so it's not like deleting them is completely destructive.

I really need to get a (couple) Wii Points card(s) but I'm only a week or so from finishing Twilight Princess so it will wait. Then LoZ, Zelda II, and SMB2 are mine, and possibly Metroid if it's out by then.

JackAxe
Jul 30, 2007, 09:48 PM
True, I just want them all available and not be required to download them again. So more storage would be welcome.

I started LoZ a while back, but got distracted with the tons of other games that have been released since that time. :)

<]=)

JackAxe
Aug 6, 2007, 01:23 PM
Wooooo, Wave Race. THis game was visually great for its time and played great. I just recall some PSOne wave racer being released afterwards and its water looked like glass shards of death.

<]=)

Eidorian
Aug 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
1. Gunstar Heroes
2. Mario Kart 64

Sky Blue
Aug 6, 2007, 01:25 PM
Notice anything?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Golfer1023/waverace.jpg

Eidorian
Aug 6, 2007, 01:26 PM
Notice anything?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Golfer1023/waverace.jpgI see what they did there.

srobert
Aug 6, 2007, 01:32 PM
Notice anything?

/snip

Funny. And here I believed Nintendo when they said they wouldn't add online multiplayer mode to any of the virtual console titles because they wanted to faithfully reproduces the originals games. Silly me. :D

Edit: Anybody remember if the original adds were for real companies or made up ones? Maybe it's a legal issue?

GFLPraxis
Aug 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
So they ARE modifying games...wonder why there's no improvements? Especially for PAL?

Sky Blue
Aug 6, 2007, 02:13 PM
Edit: Anybody remember if the original adds were for real companies or made up ones? Maybe it's a legal issue?

It was Kawasaki.

srobert
Aug 6, 2007, 02:14 PM
It was Kawasaki.

Good work. There's our answer. :D

JackAxe
Aug 6, 2007, 08:32 PM
So just like removing all of the player's names from Tecmo Bowl 3, since EA owns them or something, they had to do so for Wave Race do to licensing and stuff. :)

<]=)

Sky Blue
Aug 8, 2007, 09:23 AM
coming soon:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/FA6E-01.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/FBZE-01.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/JAVE-01.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/MA7E-01.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/PAME-01.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/PB6E-01.gif

Landstalker was also rated recently too.....woooooooo

srobert
Aug 8, 2007, 09:31 AM
I could play myself a little game of Gemfire right now. Unfortunately, it's a somewhat obscure title so i doubt I'll see it on the virtual console anytime soon. Have any other Koei games been made available yet? I wish they would add a wish list or suggestions section to the Wii virtual console.

Pastha rules!

Dagless
Aug 8, 2007, 09:46 AM
We all know Super Metroid will be out in time for Prime 3. I'm surprised NES Metroid isn't out in the US yet.

e²Studios
Aug 8, 2007, 10:02 AM
But when will SMB3 be released :( I would also go all kooky for coco puffs if they released Vegas Dream for NES on VC :D

Ed

gloss
Aug 8, 2007, 10:15 AM
I need Shining Force II.

I played Shining Force I last night for three hours, and enjoyed the hell out of it despite how primitive it is compared to its sequels - II could only be even better.

Jovian9
Aug 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
But when will SMB3 be released :( I would also go all kooky for coco puffs if they released Vegas Dream for NES on VC :D

Ed

I'm also waiting for SMB3.....

but Metroid and Super Metroid are the 2 I've wanted since I bought a Wii. Metroid is by far my favorite gaming franchise. I need to prepare myself for the arrival of these and the new Metroid Prime...........as I may not exist outside of my Wii for awhile :)

Dagless
Aug 8, 2007, 10:58 AM
Mario 3 is a definite, I'm still torn over Mario 2. On one hand it's utter crap, on the other it's brilliant.

Jovian9
Aug 8, 2007, 11:59 AM
Mario 3 is a definite, I'm still torn over Mario 2. On one hand it's utter crap, on the other it's brilliant.

I love 2, but 3 is my favorite of all Marios.......followed closely by Super Mario World :)

atszyman
Aug 8, 2007, 12:11 PM

Ed

Best bet for this one is late October, Early November to draw hype for Super Mario Galaxy. I need to pick up a points card or two soon now that I've finally finished Twilight Princess (could have shaved off a few days on that one but a sick toddler ate up the weekend). I want to get the first 2 Zeldas (I've never really played the original seriously and could never get anywhere in 2 but I feel compelled to buy both on the VC to give a serious go), and I also want SMB2. Metroid and Super Metroid are also going to be picked up once they're released.

If Nintendo really wanted to get some goodwill they'd include vouchers to get Metroid and Super Metroid when you buy Metroid Prime 3... it would probably move me to purchase it sooner rather than wait for my birthday check in November.

GFLPraxis
Aug 8, 2007, 12:27 PM
Super Metroid makes me happy since I never played the original.

WHERE IS MY SUPER MARIO RPG?

Dagless
Aug 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
WHERE IS MY SUPER MARIO RPG?

At my Gamestation that's where! US import £50 :(
I'd like it for the VC £4 :)

Sky Blue
Aug 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
If Nintendo really wanted to get some goodwill they'd include vouchers to get Metroid and Super Metroid when you buy Metroid Prime 3...

Why would they give away money?

Antares
Aug 8, 2007, 02:44 PM
If Nintendo really wanted to get some goodwill they'd include vouchers to get Metroid and Super Metroid when you buy Metroid Prime 3

Or if they wanted even more goodwill, they'd bundle Prime 1 and 2 together as a bonus 2nd disc with Prime 3.

srobert
Aug 8, 2007, 02:54 PM
Or if they wanted even more goodwill, they'd bundle Prime 1 and 2 together as a bonus 2nd disc with Prime 3.

Or if they wanted to do EVEN MORE goodwill, they'd sell the company and use the money to buy goats for poor people or go build igloos for baby seals. ^_^

No, seriously, they're a company and they're out there to make money. ;) I wouldn't mind freebies but I don't expect any from Nintendo nor do I feel resentment towards them when there aren't any.

Now! Where's my free Mario RPG dammit?

JackAxe
Aug 8, 2007, 04:13 PM
Including both Cube games would be cool, but I own both and I agree that it would take away from possible sales. Those that ignored the series might got back and buy the first 2 if they like the 3rd.

Where's Buck Rogers Genesis?!! :mad:

<]=)

Antares
Aug 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
No, seriously, they're a company and they're out there to make money. ;) I wouldn't mind freebies but I don't expect any from Nintendo nor do I feel resentment towards them when there aren't any.

Well, Nintendo did give Ocarina of Time and Master Quest for free if you preordered Wind Waker, didn't they? And at a later point, bundled Majora's Mask too? So, it's NOT impossible....only unlikely.

Oh, and don't expect Super Mario RPG on the VC for at least another year...maybe two. But definitely not anytime soon. I'll eat a cookie if I'm wrong.

srobert
Aug 8, 2007, 04:25 PM
Oh, and don't expect Super Mario RPG on the VC for at least another year...maybe two. But definitely not anytime soon. I'll eat a cookie if I'm wrong.

I think so too. SNES was such a fun console for RPG lovers and we've yet to see one on the virtual console. A shame :o

GFLPraxis
Aug 8, 2007, 04:49 PM
Well, Nintendo did give Ocarina of Time and Master Quest for free if you preordered Wind Waker, didn't they? And at a later point, bundled Majora's Mask too? So, it's NOT impossible....only unlikely.

Metroid Prime had the original Metroid hidden on the disc, too. You could unlock it by beating the game and linking it to Metroid Fusion.

pcypert
Aug 8, 2007, 08:51 PM
That would be a really cool feature. I'd love it if they gave vouchers for VC games or at least partial credit.

Paul

atszyman
Aug 9, 2007, 05:42 AM
Why would they give away money?

I just said it would be nice, I never expected it, or said they had to do it. Why would they do the Stars to points conversion for Europe if they are not "giving away money"?

There are plenty of reasons to offer small freebies to enhance sales. Heck even big bad Microsoft allows you to use achievement points to purchase stuff from their shops.

I don't expect it to happen any time in the near future, but don't be surprised when sales start to level off for the console and games to see some sort of Wii points freebie system put in place to boost sales of new games.

atszyman
Aug 10, 2007, 07:45 AM
Interesting note, the vc-reviews.com site is listing Metroid with a US release date of August 13...

link (http://www.vc-reviews.com/available_now.php)

I need to pick up a points card or two soon...

Sky Blue
Aug 10, 2007, 07:56 AM
Interesting note, the vc-reviews.com site is listing Metroid with a US release date of August 13...

link (http://www.vc-reviews.com/available_now.php)

I need to pick up a points card or two soon...

it would make sense seeing as it's metroid month this month, original 13th, then super 20th then prime 3.

atszyman
Aug 10, 2007, 08:21 AM
it would make sense seeing as it's metroid month this month, original 13th, then super 20th then prime 3.

It does make sense, but rarely have I seen any sort of confirmation of an release in advance even when it's expected...

Sky Blue
Aug 10, 2007, 08:25 AM
It does make sense, but rarely have I seen any sort of confirmation of an release in advance even when it's expected...

Have you read your Wii Shop Channel today? You should....

atszyman
Aug 10, 2007, 09:09 AM
Have you read your Wii Shop Channel today? You should....

Work first, play later... I'll check it out when I get home... Of course I only go to the shop when I have points and something I want to get...

You talking about the Metroid Videos or is there something else I should be seeing? (never mind, saw the youtube vids)

Haven't really powered on the Wii since finishing Twilight Princess, need to get some other stuff done around the house.

Jovian9
Aug 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
Metroid!!!! Yey!!!!

.....sorry, can't remember the other releases today as I'm too busy playing Metroid and skipping work :)

atszyman
Aug 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
Metroid!!!! Yey!!!!

.....sorry, can't remember the other releases today as I'm too busy playing Metroid and skipping work :)

Should have saved skipping work for next week when Super Metroid comes out... you could have marathoned the side scrollers....

Antares
Aug 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
What ever happened to the Monday morning posts where someone listed all the new VC releases? Those were nice summaries. They were reliable posts that I could always expect to see every Monday morning. I miss them. Ever since the console games moved to their own forum, there's been no dependable Monday morning list. :( I now almost always now have to wait until I get home from work to look up what came out.

atszyman
Aug 13, 2007, 11:50 AM
What ever happened to the Monday morning posts where someone listed the new VC releases? Those were nice summaries. They were reliable posts that I could always expect to see every Monday morning. I miss them. Ever since the console games moved to their own forum, there's been no dependable Monday morning list. :( I now almost always now have to wait until I get home from work to look up what came out.

We just copied the text from press.nintendo.com (http://press.nintendo.com/loginSplash.jsp) and pasted it here... I guess we figured everyone just went there now...

Edit: but just for you
This week it's All About Evil. The "Month of Metroid" continues, giving you the chance to contend with evil, flying, brain-like Metroids that latch onto your head and suck your life forces. Nobody needs that, especially not first thing Monday morning. Luckily, you've got a sweet suit and some nice weapons to help you navigate through this amazing classic game. And if that's not enough, you also have the option of dealing with bad guys named Dark Sol and Zenzombie. You just know when their parents named them that, they were asking for trouble.

Metroid® (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): The first installment of the immensely successful Metroid series introduces us to the hideous title creatures and the slick, cybernetic bounty hunter Samus Aran. As Samus, your mission is to penetrate the space pirates' home planet, Zebes, and keep them from destroying the galaxy with the dangerous life forms known as Metroids. Metroid has all the high-tech weaponry, creepy tunnels and crawly alien creatures that anyone could ask for. With its deep and complex game play, excellent music and a rare sense of setting, it establishes a frightening ambience that will haunt and entertain you for a very long time.

Shining in the Darkness™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Dark Sol has vowed to reign over the enchanted Kingdom of Thornwood, and only you can stop him. Find the powerful Arms of Light and battle the deadly beasts that keep your people desperate and starving in this epic journey for peace. Roaming the dark Labyrinth, you'll seek out enemies and collect weapons, all of which will help you pass the test of the Ancients and become a shining knight. Get into the adventure with a stunning 3-D perspective, amazing cinematic views and fast-paced scrolling. You'll move from battle to battle, solving puzzles and discovering secret items in this engrossing struggle between good and evil.

Cratermaze™ (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Comic Mischief, 600 Wii Points): Cratermaze is a comical action game set in a parallel world. While on a trip through time, you and your friends are confronted by Kublai, henchman to the evil Zenzombie. He traps your friends at separate points in the space-time continuum. Now you must fight your way through 60 rounds of mazes to save your friends. Dinosaurs, ninjas, robots and other enemies lurk within the mazes, spanning from primitive times to the future. Escape the enemies by digging holes to trap them in and then filling the holes to finish them off. Collect all the chests within the time limit to get the key and exit to the next round. With special items such as shovels and spring platforms, Cratermaze takes its game play to new heights, making for an unforgettable gaming experience.

Jovian9
Aug 13, 2007, 12:00 PM
Should have saved skipping work for next week when Super Metroid comes out... you could have marathoned the side scrollers....

.........who says I can't have myself another 3-day weekend next Saturday, Sunday, & Monday? :)

plinkoman
Aug 13, 2007, 12:04 PM
...evil, flying, brain-like Metroids that latch onto your head and suck your life forces. Nobody needs that, especially not first thing Monday morning.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D

omg, seriously, who comes up with these things

atszyman
Aug 13, 2007, 12:07 PM
.........who says I can't have myself another 3-day weekend next Saturday, Sunday, & Monday? :)

Can I hate you now?

The only way I get to take a day off to play games is if I'm sick...

unluckily for me my daughter recently had a stomach bug which seems has finally made it around to me... I might just have tomorrow off... although I think I'd rather be healthy...

srobert
Aug 13, 2007, 12:12 PM
It's time to break the chain of America's dependence on oil! Breed Metroids! They're an infinite source of clean energy. It's perfectly safe and absoletely nothing can go wrong.

Remember Ceres Space Colony.

Jovian9
Aug 13, 2007, 12:54 PM
Can I hate you now?

The only way I get to take a day off to play games is if I'm sick...

unluckily for me my daughter recently had a stomach bug which seems has finally made it around to me... I might just have tomorrow off... although I think I'd rather be healthy...

Sometimes being salaried is good...........but 11 months/year it's not :)

It's time to break the chain of America's dependence on oil! Breed Metroids! They're an infinite source of clean energy. It's perfectly safe and absoletely nothing can go wrong.

Remember Ceres Space Colony.

Awesome! I'm sure both my cars would get much better mileage if they were powered by Metroids.

JackAxe
Aug 13, 2007, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty sure most American politicians are some sort of Metroid.

Oh joyous times! Shinning in the Darkness!!! :)

<]=)

Antares
Aug 16, 2007, 12:01 PM
Any chance we'll see some of the Ogre Battle games on the Wii VC? Those were always a lot of fun.

GFLPraxis
Aug 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
Any chance we'll see some of the Ogre Battle gasmes on the Wii VC? Those were always a lot of fun.

LOL at typo.

Never heard of Ogre Battle, actually.

Also, I just discovered Jimmi never owned a SNES. Jimmi; I'm so very disappointed in you.
Buy DKC2 now. One of the best 2D games of all time.

Dagless
Aug 16, 2007, 01:10 PM
If we don't get an interesting game tonight then I'll look into DKC1. I probably should play this series!

GFLPraxis
Aug 16, 2007, 01:13 PM
If we don't get an interesting game tonight then I'll look into DKC1. I probably should play this series!
DKC1 is great, but DKC2 is better...by far! :D

It should be illegal to develop games without completing DKC2. They should make it a required part of curriculum for game schools. And if you do it with 100% completion you get so much extra credit that you're guaranteed to pass because you obviously have an extremely good understanding of level design.

JackAxe
Aug 16, 2007, 01:16 PM
You've never heard of Ogre Battles and then you mention that DK2 is one of the best 2D games of all time in the same post... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would personally put OB above DK2. :eek:

If Jimmi buys DK2, you have to buy OB when it's released on VC. :p

<]=)

GFLPraxis
Aug 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
Sega's press release just hit my inbox. This was literally announced five minutes ago.
http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=987

SAN FRANCISCO (August 16, 2007) – SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that two titles from its SEGA Genesis™ library, Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master™ and Landstalker™, will soon be available for download on the Wii™ Shop Channel. Prices start at 800 Wii™ Points for SEGA Genesis titles. Wii Points can be purchased online or at select retailers at an MSRP of $20 for 2,000 points.

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master - In this thrilling sequel to The Revenge of Shinobi, Joe Musashi finds that Neo Zeed – the crime syndicate he believed he had wiped out two years earlier – is indeed still alive and well. The return of Neo Zeed and its leader, the mysterious Shadow Master, forces Musashi to return from exile and confront the growing evil. As the Shinobi – the master of long-forgotten Oboro Ninjitsu martial arts – Musashi must utilize all his powers to overcome his various enemies. Thanks to his considerable combat skills and special Ninjitsu moves, only the Shinobi can thwart Neo Zeed and vanquish the Shadow Master.

Landstalker - After hearing of the legendary treasure of King Nole, the elvish treasure-hunter Nigel undertakes a quest to gather various pieces of the famed loot. His journey takes him through villages, caves and dungeons that hold King Nole’s riches, and along the way, he’ll have to help the inhabitants of the island while fighting against the treachery of Duke Mercator, who is searching for the treasure as well. A variety of obstacles and foes will try to deter Nigel, who must use all his wits and skills to defeat Duke Mercator and uncover the secret of King Nole’s treasure.

Sky Blue
Aug 17, 2007, 12:19 PM
Never heard of Ogre Battle, actually.

Buy DKC2 now.

What colour is the sky in your world?

Also everybody should buy Landstalker.

gloss
Aug 17, 2007, 12:20 PM
Less talk, more Light Crusader.

srobert
Aug 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
You've never heard of Ogre Battles and then you mention that DK2 is one of the best 2D games of all time in the same post... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would personally put OB above DK2. :eek:

If Jimmi buys DK2, you have to buy OB when it's released on VC. :p

<]=)

FIGHT IT OUT! Cue music.

atszyman
Aug 20, 2007, 07:47 AM
link (http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13206)

Aug. 20, 2007

You've longed for it, you've begged for it and now it's finally here. Nintendo's Month of Metroid continues with today's release of the ultra-classic Super Metroid® for the Super NES®. It's one of the many teasers to whet your appetite in advance of the Aug. 27 release of Metroid® Prime 3: Corruption for Wii™. You have a full week to dive into Super Metroid and explore the other great new games added to the Wii Shop Channel: Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master™ and Neutopia.

Three new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Super Metroid (Super NES, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Violence, 800 Wii Points): The Space Pirates, merciless agents of the evil Mother Brain, have stolen the last Metroid from a research station, and once again Mother Brain threatens the safety of the galaxy. Samus Aran must don her awesome array of high-tech weaponry to retrieve the deadly Metroid hidden deep within the cave-riddled planet Zebes. Super Metroid features excellent graphics, with a huge variety of enemies and worlds to explore. The side-view action will be familiar to many players, only now there are new weapons and items, including the Grappling Beam, which allows Samus to swing across large chasms, and the X-Ray Scope, which reveals secret passages.

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older – Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): In this thrilling sequel to The Revenge of Shinobi, Joe Musashi finds that Neo Zeed – the crime syndicate he believed he had wiped out two years earlier – is indeed still alive and well. The return of Neo Zeed and its leader, the mysterious Shadow Master, forces Musashi to return from exile and confront the growing evil. As the Shinobi, the master of long-forgotten Oboro Ninjitsu martial arts, Musashi must utilize all his powers to overcome his various enemies. Thanks to his considerable combat skills and special Ninjitsu moves, only the Shinobi can thwart Neo Zeed and vanquish the Shadow Master.

Neutopia (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): In this action role-playing game, you take control of a brave boy who sets off on a journey to rescue the kidnapped princess and reclaim the eight medallions that were stolen by the evil demon, Dirth. You'll need to rely on your magic compass and information you've gathered to find entrances to labyrinths and defeat the bosses in them. Solve puzzles, avoid traps, move blocks and destroy walls to uncover secret rooms in the labyrinths. Carefully use your map to uncover hidden treasure and powerful equipment. Travel the land, underground, sea and sky on your quest to recover the medallions. With a save function, the right difficulty level and a system that doesn't include experience points, this is truly an RPG that anyone can enjoy.

zero2dash
Aug 20, 2007, 09:03 AM
Super Metroid and Shinobi 3?

Holy...game...gods...
Man oh man two killer releases right there; two of the best titles on their respectable platforms.

barr08
Aug 20, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yes! I never finished SM.

I have little experience with the VC. Can I use the wavebird for all VC games, or do certain ones require the classic controller?

atszyman
Aug 20, 2007, 09:28 AM

I have little experience with the VC. Can I use the wavebird for all VC games, or do certain ones require the classic controller?

I believe that every VC game thus far is Wavebird compatible, although reports have some games being exceptionally uncomfortable/difficult due to the button layout.

link to compatibility (http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole_faq.jsp) looks like some TG-16 and Genesis games might not be GC controller compatible, however I don't think any thus far have issues...It also shows in the Wii Shop before you download which controllers a game supports.

I really wish the inverse (GC games with the Classic Controller) were true I'd like to play some GC games but having to buy a GC controller and memory card makes the entry price a bit steep when there are Wii games I want as well.

plinkoman
Aug 20, 2007, 11:29 AM

yes, you can use a gamecube controller for any VC game. I highly recommend it; it is way more comfortable and ergonomic than the classic controller in my opinion.

Dagless
Aug 20, 2007, 12:34 PM
NoE sucks and NoA rocks.

Or is that the other way round?

No, it isn't.

Eidorian
Aug 20, 2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~abarreno/reggie-playing.jpg

We get this guy...

Note: That's a good thing.

BoyBach
Aug 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
No Super Metroid for us Europeans this week. Boo!

bobber205
Aug 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
yes, you can use a gamecube controller for any VC game. I highly recommend it; it is way more comfortable and ergonomic than the classic controller in my opinion.

Except on Super Mario World. :mad:

I can't play it on the gamecube controller.

JackAxe
Aug 24, 2007, 02:05 PM
By a Classic Controller. :) They're great! I have 2 right now.

<]=)

michaelltd
Aug 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
I'm still waiting on the N64 Mystical Ninja..

Plasma!!!!

JackAxe
Aug 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
Never heard of it, but it looks to be fun.

<]=)

ghall
Aug 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
Except on Super Mario World. :mad:

I can't play it on the gamecube controller.

I can't play any SNES games on the GameCube controller, and I can't play any N64 games with the Classic Controller, and I can only play NES games with the Wiimote. Call me crazy, because I am. :)

atszyman
Aug 24, 2007, 03:32 PM
I can't play any SNES games on the GameCube controller, and I can't play any N64 games with the Classic Controller, and I can only play NES games with the Wiimote. Call me crazy, because I am. :)

You're not completely crazy.

I really have difficulty with NES on the classic controller since I really want my thumb to sit on the y b or x a combo rather than b a or y x that they are mapped to. It took me forever to get used to Metroid. At least Super Metroid can re-map the buttons, although it took me forever to remember how I had them mapped back in the day...

zap2
Aug 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
I really need to download Super Metroid, and Metroid!

Hopefully before Prime 3 launches....4 days!!!

Tom B.
Aug 25, 2007, 08:44 AM
Any news of Super Metroid coming to the European virtual console?
Or should I just buy a SNES? I really can't wait to play it. Well I've waited 13 years already, but you know what I mean.

Sky Blue
Aug 27, 2007, 11:14 AM
breath of fire II
(Genesis) Ghouls'n Ghosts
Super C (NES Contra 2)

Archmagination
Aug 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
Breath of Fire 2.. HELL YEAH!! One of my favorite games of the SNES era!!

JackAxe
Aug 27, 2007, 01:50 PM
FINALY!!! :D The "REAL" Ghouls 'n Ghosts! :D :D :D

Now where's Buck Rogers for Genesis? :(

<]=)

Sky Blue
Aug 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
Sin & Punishment is the next N64 game for Japan. If we get it my head will explode with joy.

JackAxe
Aug 31, 2007, 02:48 PM
If that happens, who will clean up the mess of joy? :eek:

I've never heard of this joy-causing-death game.

<]=)

Antares
Aug 31, 2007, 03:15 PM
I've never heard of this joy-causing-death game.

<]=)

This so called "joy-causing-death game" was never released in the USA...much to the shagrin of many people. It's a kind of an on-rails anime shooter. I don't really know how to describe it. The Japanese version was lavished with rave reviews by westerners and it seemed like it had a lot of potential for success here. I don't remember why it was never brought over. Especially, since it actually had a lot of English voice work which was subtitled in Japanese.

Sky Blue
Aug 31, 2007, 04:34 PM
aye...supposedly it was all ready to go with an english translation, but N64 was on it's death bed so NoA didn't release it.

Vidd
Aug 31, 2007, 04:46 PM
What about Giftopia?
I was looking forward to that and it seems it shared a similar fate.

JackAxe
Sep 2, 2007, 04:00 PM
Japan is getting Neo-Geo games (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=15319). I have my fingers crossed for other region releases afterwards.

<]=)

atszyman
Sep 3, 2007, 08:47 AM
link (http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13311)

Four new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Adventure Island (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 500 Wii Points): A mysterious tropical paradise known as Adventure Island is the setting for this side-scrolling action game. The evil Witch Doctor has kidnapped Tina, the true love of Master Higgins. To save her, you must safely guide Master Higgins through eight perilous stages - including dense forests and creepy caves - while defeating all of the enemies in your path. Each area is made up of four rounds filled with enemies determined to stop you in your tracks. In addition, as time passes, Master Higgins's vitality is automatically drained. To keep going, he must eat constantly by grabbing fruit, milk and whatever other goodies he can as he races toward his goal. Sometimes eggs containing miraculous items like axes to throw at enemies or honey that grants temporary invincibility will appear. Use items skillfully to help you clear the areas. At the end of each area you'll face the Witch Doctor, who you must defeat to advance. Go, Master Higgins, go!

Donkey Kong Jr. Math (NES, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Learning can be fun, especially when you play along with Donkey Kong Jr. Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division by directing Junior, a cute little monkey who must climb up and down vines to collect numbers and math symbols to solve the math problems his father gives him. Compete with a friend in a race to solve problems in Game A or add more challenge with Game B. Of course, you can also practice on your own. This game is perfect for younger players who are looking for a fun and easy way to develop their math skills.

Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): After hearing of the legendary treasure of King Nole, the elvish treasure hunter Nigel undertakes a quest to gather various pieces of the famed loot. His journey takes him through Mercator Island's villages, caves and dungeons that hold King Nole's riches. Along the way, he'll have to help the inhabitants of the island while fighting against the treachery of Duke Mercator, who is searching for the treasure as well. A variety of obstacles and foes will try to deter Nigel, who must use all his wits and skills to defeat Duke Mercator and uncover the secret of King Nole's treasure.

Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 600 Wii Points): The hard-headed hero is back for more side-scrolling action in the third installment of the popular Bonk series. It's up to Bonk once again to thwart the plans of the relentless evil King Drool. There are seven rounds scattered throughout the Dinosaur Kingdom, each one filled with fun contraptions and comical enemies. Grab a Flower Copter or exchange 16 Smileys at the end of each round to play up to eight different bonus stages. Or you can change the size of Bonk by grabbing the new red or blue candy items. Depending on the situation, you can change your size to bonk your way through a dead end or to get a hard-to-reach item. And if that's not enough, you can grab a friend and put your heads together to defeat King Drool in the new two-player mode.

Take that Europe... We finally got Donkey Kong Jr. Math! :D

Sky Blue
Sep 3, 2007, 09:06 AM
lllllannnndddstalkerrrrrrr woooooooooo

BoyBach
Sep 7, 2007, 05:59 AM
Sonic 3 - Mega Drive - 800 Wii Points

Ghouls 'n Ghosts - Mega Drive - 800 Wii Points

Shining in the Darkness - Mega Drive - 800 Wii Points

ESWAT: City Under Siege - Mega Drive - 800 Wii Points

Crack Down - Mega Drive - 800 Wii Points

Should make a few people very happy!

Dagless
Sep 7, 2007, 06:04 AM
Ooooh yes! Sonic 3 fer me :)

Crack Down? Ruddy Microsoft Game Studio taking names, and not in the Reggie way :mad:

Sky Blue
Sep 7, 2007, 06:18 AM
sucks you guys didn't get landstalker yet.

Sin & Punishment has been rated in Oz, which pretty much guarantees a US/EU release.

JackAxe
Sep 7, 2007, 05:16 PM
My collection is slipping. I've been too busy playing Metroid to buy more games. I mUSt bUy G'nG!!!

I've never played Landstalker.

<]=)

Antares
Sep 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
I've never played Landstalker.

Nor have I. Does anyone on here know if it's worth a purchase?

Sky Blue
Sep 7, 2007, 06:08 PM
Nor have I. Does anyone on here know if it's worth a purchase?

yeah, it's great.

JackAxe
Sep 7, 2007, 06:28 PM
It got 5 stars on Wii's site. :)

<]=)

Sky Blue
Sep 10, 2007, 07:14 AM
NES Play Action Football (NES®, 1-4 players, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): "Ready! Hut hut hut..." Nintendo takes to the gridiron with the classic football powerhouse NES Play Action Football. Featuring a distinct overhead viewpoint that creates an almost 3-D field, the action is more simulation-based than many of the more arcade-based games of the time. Play through four 15-minute quarters (in accelerated time) and even substitute players when your first-stringers get tired. Want more options? Each of the eight available teams has multiple running/passing plays to choose from while on offense, as well as a wide selection of defensive schemes that can be run when you're on the other side of the ball. And in addition to viewing two full teams on the screen at once without any slowdown, you'll hear voice snippets at key points of the game. Line up, and see if you have what it takes to win the Power Bowl.

Sonic the Hedgehog™ 3 (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone – Comic Mischief, 800 Wii Points): Sonic and Tails are back for another adventure as they again battle the evil Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik), who is desperately trying to collect all the Chaos Emeralds to rebuild his Death Egg. Our heroes must again find the Chaos Emeralds before Dr. Eggman does, but winning the race won't be easy this time – a new adversary, Knuckles the Echidna, has arrived on the scene and will do whatever he can to keep Sonic and Tails from reaching their goal. Grab all the golden rings, find various bonus zones and overcome Knuckles and Dr. Eggman as you rocket through the third chapter in Sonic's adventures.

Neutopia II (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Fantasy Violence, 600 Wii Points): Experience improved graphics and controls in this exciting sequel to the action role-playing game Neutopia. Take on the role of the main hero's son and watch as the story begins with the apparent revival of Dirth, the evil demon. Once again you'll need to rely on your magic compass and the information you've gathered to find entrances to labyrinths and defeat the bosses in them. Make your way through the field, which can be tricky at times, to search for and find hidden information and items, or move blocks and destroy walls to uncover secret rooms. Like the original, this game has a save function, a finely tuned difficulty level and a fast-paced story, making it truly an RPG that everyone can enjoy.

meh

Antares
Sep 10, 2007, 10:10 AM
Play Action Football is amazing. Back in the day, I preferred it over Tecmo Bowl. Super Play Action Football (on the SNES) was meh, but this one is great. It's a definite buy for me, tonight!

GFLPraxis
Sep 10, 2007, 02:53 PM
SONIC 3!

I wonder if there will be any way to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles, one of the greatest 2D games of all time? :(

Sky Blue
Sep 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
Holy monkies....EU update:

-Neutopia II (TG)
-MARIO'S SUPER PICROSS (SNES) -900 points
-SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (JAPAN) (SNES) - 600 points
"A big warning though if you want the game: It will be removed at the end of September."

Dagless
Sep 13, 2007, 07:00 PM
Okay... what?!

Sky Blue
Sep 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
2 games that have never been available outside japan before, 100 extra points, only available until end of sept.