Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
hey, after trying to no avail today to get this to work; how does one Create a LAN game btwn a Mac and a PC? We tried the Ethernet cable, and they didn't see one another; a computer to computer network saw each other, but a connection error happened whenever we joined the other's game.. help please?

Ringo

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2004
Quebec
Wheren't those two version incompatible? gonna check that and get back to you.

Edit: well there are suppose to work...
Edit2 : Just did a quick google and nothing worthy showed off, the only thing that might be wrong is what TDM21 stated, your version of halo are probably different be sure both of you got the same.It could also be a network problem, but since you two saw each other computer I do not think it's the problem. Good luck!

Church

macrumors regular
May 9, 2005
Alabama
I don't know about you, but when I tried to LAN with halo, some people had the same cd keys by coincidence, *cough*, so that's why it wouldn't work. Make sure everyone has a legit copy! ;)

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
I don't know about you, but when I tried to LAN with halo, some people had the same cd keys by coincidence, *cough*, so that's why it wouldn't work. Make sure everyone has a legit copy! ;)

both on port 2302?
Church- they're PC and mac versions (demos, ie, free)- wouldn't that be impossbile anyway?
zeedee- yes, afaik
cheers people, any other help appreciated too!

Church

macrumors regular
May 9, 2005
Alabama
Sorry, thought it was the full version. Yeah, the demo is probably more stripped down than we think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.