Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
First off, I have the 12" powerbook and want to minimize the amount of cables I have to unplug when I pick it up to go somewhere (I have all my USB devices connected to one hub on one cable). I have the griffin imic that I used with my ibook but left it in miami for the summer (I'm in tampa right now). I've been eying the griffin powerwave for a little while and like the features. I like that it can use the Apple Pro Speakers (even though I already have the JBL Sonnet). Anyone have one? Can it output sound to every sound source you connect to it simultaniously?

Anyone stop using it and feel like they need someone to take it off their hands?? ;)

Thanks,
Elliot :cool: :D

MacWhispers

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2003
Actually, I have and use two PowerWaves, and just love them... for what they are. The PowerWave is the Swiss Army Knife of USB audio I/O devices. the little amp is fairly clean and has some grunt, but not as much as I would sometimes like. The USB interface is fairly stable but not 100%... it goes nutty here and there and shifts to some high register, rattly kind of distorted output. When it does, I just stop and restart whatever sound output's playing, and it straightens right back up.

Yes... all outputs are live simultaneously. And, yes, for $99, it's a good value ... again, for what it is. I use mine to feed audio out, take audio in, and to power a small set of home-style speakers on two of my secondary Mac systems. A PowerWave wouldn't do for my main system, where I use an eMagic EMI 2|6 I/O device.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.