Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
I'm not as disappointed as I was a week ago, since I know that there will be no live broadcast. But I still wanted to be at Apple's website tomorrow and refresh my browser every minute to see if the new G5s are put up on the front page.

I graduate from Pascack Hills

I'm still nervous about graduation. Even though it's a graduating class of 144 students it's still a large public. Our parking lot is the worst ever, so getting off Pascack Hills grounds will be hell.

In the end, however, it will probably be one of my most memorable events at Pascack Hills.

Apple, leave me a nice graduation present on your website tomorrow.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
I'm not going to skip graduation. It's too important to my friends and family.

Plus, I have graduation practice tomorrow morning. If I skip that, I will not be allowed to "walk" on graduation.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
damn, we graduated like a month ago at our high schoo. good luck, it should be fun.

iJon

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
congrats, son

the day you graduate will be the day that apple finally makes a real move to catch up with the fast pc world

in your life or any other, how many days can match this one? first, you are finishing up 12 years of school and possibly seeing a lot of your friends in one place for the last time ever...and i can't think of any day in my life where two major events happened...and for any mac user, this G5 day should be seen as one of the most important days of apple inc since steve jobs came back

the best thing to make it all complete would be for you to get the G5 as a surprise gift...maybe you real parents will spring that on you:D

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
hmmmm different schools have different cycles.

but if it's like female college students in a dorm, all the cyles seem to come together:p

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
Man it is so true...my group of friends included four girls...we all lived in the same dorm, and there was definitely a hell week where it was better to either avoid all of them or just not talk to them

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by tpjunkie
Man it is so true...my group of friends included four girls...we all lived in the same dorm, and there was definitely a hell week where it was better to either avoid all of them or just not talk to them
haha :p what was it...(insert the dreaded p word)?
anyway congrats KC! hope your graduation went as well as mine :)

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
hmmmm different schools have different cycles.

My local H.S had its graduation last thursday. I'm not sure how big the graduating class was, but we had to have it at Occidental College's Ampitheatre to hold everyone.

To K.C.: Congratulations. Walking is probably worth getting the news just a little bit late, if only for your friends/family 's enjoyment.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm just a little confused King Cobra. According to your schools website your graduation is at 6pm. That means that your have the day free? My thought also was, do you have some pre-graduation meetings that are required? Maybe family committments? If family, it seems they would understand! Hey, it would only be for a few hours! Anyway, congratulations King Cobra on a very memborable day in a youg person's life. ;)

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
ibookin, great pic. I needed the comic relief.

wdlove, read my second post in this thread. I have graduation practice in the morning.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
But that would still leave your afternoon free? The WWDC will be at 1pm EDT!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
1PM. Interesting.

Well, practice ends at no later than 12PM. So I should be home by then.

I doubt I'll go to an Apple Store to watch the keynote live, though. There will simply be too much activity tomorrow.

But I know I'll find time online tomorrow.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by King Cobra

But I know I'll find time online tomorrow.

well, your G5s are waiting 1.6, 1.8, and dual 2.0 ghz machines with up to 8 GB of RAM...i take it in a few hours you will have your ceremony for your school...congrats, son:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.