Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
The new align window doesn't work like the old one, if i try to align anything it just disappears. If i use art board or crop this happens. If itry even spacing it doesn't work. Why can't they juse leave it aloen

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
To get the old default behavior, make sure the the borders on the artboard icon are white, as shown (click on the icon itself to toggle states). When the icon is black, it will act as if the align to artboard menu checkbox in CS2 was active.

align.gif

Align to crop area works pretty much the same way (icon is darker if active), but won't have any effect at all unless you actually have a crop area defined.

Is that what had you confuzzled, or is something else acting odd on you?

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
i did that both ways and everything goes everywhere nothing aligned as it did in cs2. Waht do you mean by have the the area defined do you have to define the space of teh area manually?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
i did that both ways and everything goes everywhere nothing aligned as it did in cs2.
They do work the old way here with the icons set to white. :confused: The only other possibility that immediately comes to mind is that point and object selection does work a little bit differently, with the different highlighting and all. It might help to scan through the layers window and make sure that you and Illustrator agree on what things are supposed to be selected (I know that I can have a hopeless time with this on busy drawings unless I go around and lock anything I'm not working on).

Waht do you mean by have the the area defined do you have to define the space of teh area manually?
I only mean that the align to crop area setting doesn't try to do anything special unless your drawing has a crop area set in the object menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.