PDA

View Full Version : Will Steve Jobs have to leave Apple?

MacBytes
May 3, 2007, 12:41 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Will Steve Jobs have to leave Apple? (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20070503014144)
Description:: Analyst opinion: Will Steve Jobs have to leave Apple?

TG Daily
By Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst, Enderle Group
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 12:27

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31868/128/

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

papadopolis1024
May 3, 2007, 12:53 AM
I hope not!

But prob. no

Lixivial
May 3, 2007, 12:55 AM
I appreciate including the author in the synopsis field. It gave me forewarning ahead of time to enjoy this writing as somewhat non-serious.

Good ol' Rob Enderle. The guy has been around the block and back so many times that even Dave Winer noticed long ago (http://www.scripting.com/2002/02/28.html). That's saying something.

mrkramer
May 3, 2007, 01:01 AM
I don't think that he will have to and I definately hope not.

LaDirection
May 3, 2007, 01:17 AM
"Things arenít going quite as well for Apple right now as they had been either. Leopard, its next OS, which was actually due last year, has been delayed until October, the new Apple TV isnít selling well, and there are a lot of doubts about the iPhone which could, as Appleís very first phone, fall well short of customer expectations or be trumped by a competitive offering from a real phone company."

simX
May 3, 2007, 01:20 AM
***** a.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP GIVING AN AUDIENCE TO ASSHATS LIKE ROB ENDERLE?

Seriously, just STOP!

nagromme
May 3, 2007, 01:23 AM
"Things aren’t going quite as well for Apple right now as they had been either. Leopard, its next OS, which was actually due last year, has been delayed until October, the new Apple TV isn’t selling well, and there are a lot of doubts about the iPhone which could, as Apple’s very first phone, fall well short of customer expectations or be trumped by a competitive offering from a real phone company."

Nice :D

Leopard was due last year? Since when? :confused: Nothing like a little fiction to showcase your industry expertise.

iPhone COULD fall short of expectations.... COULD be trumped by some competing product that doesn't exist.... better not buy one :p

I'm with simX... don't click and give the guy the ad revenue.

OhEsTen
May 3, 2007, 01:23 AM
"Things arenít going quite as well for Apple right now as they had been either. Leopard, its next OS, which was actually due last year, has been delayed until October, the new Apple TV isnít selling well, and there are a lot of doubts about the iPhone which could, as Appleís very first phone, fall well short of customer expectations or be trumped by a competitive offering from a real phone company."

Wow. Leopard was never due in 2006 it was however previewed in '06, but it was always promised by Apple to be released in "Spring 2007" for which they did miss that mark, but so far it's hardly a "Longhorn". As for the Apple TV, do you (or anyone for that matter) actually have solid sales figures? I'm curious because I don't recall anything specific in the last quarterly conference. And as for the "doubts" about the iPhone - there will always be doubts, there were plenty for the iPod and we all know how that turned out. Nobody will know exactly how the iPhone will do until after June.

jonharris200
May 3, 2007, 01:36 AM
I have read all i need to read here without clicking. :rolleyes:

dashiel
May 3, 2007, 01:37 AM
***** a.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP GIVING AN AUDIENCE TO ASSHATS LIKE ROB ENDERLE?

Seriously, just STOP!

quoted for truth. i'm not even bothering to read it enderle is the technological equivalent of michael moore and rush limbaugh: a big, fat idiot who makes up crap to piss people off and make money from them.

iMikeT
May 3, 2007, 01:58 AM
That was a waste of time reading an analyst's thoughts about the issue surrounding Jobs and Apple.

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it would be to live under the philosophy of "Never follow what an analyst says, no matter what".

Gateguy
May 3, 2007, 06:55 AM
Steve Jobs is not leaving Apple. Period.

Even if I have to chain him into the building. :)

Queso
May 3, 2007, 07:08 AM
I have read all i need to read here without clicking. :rolleyes:
I like how The Register refer to Enderle. "Rent-A-Quote" :D

LaDirection
May 3, 2007, 09:42 AM
Wow. Leopard was never due in 2006 it was however previewed in '06, but it was always promised by Apple to be released in "Spring 2007" for which they did miss that mark, but so far it's hardly a "Longhorn". As for the Apple TV, do you (or anyone for that matter) actually have solid sales figures? I'm curious because I don't recall anything specific in the last quarterly conference. And as for the "doubts" about the iPhone - there will always be doubts, there were plenty for the iPod and we all know how that turned out. Nobody will know exactly how the iPhone will do until after June.

I know, totally ridiculous.

rjwill246
May 3, 2007, 10:20 AM
This piece is so off base even to the point of echoing Greenpeace's bulldust, which has now been debunked. How this man gets published is beyond me.

Max Payne
May 3, 2007, 10:26 AM
What is this guy smoking?

BenRoethig
May 3, 2007, 10:48 AM
This might not be a bad thing in the long run. While he has brought prosperity back to Apple, he's also radicalized it to a point where long time, but more traditional, Mac users no longer have a place at the table. The Apple I knew was about building better computers. The current incarnation is all about being counter culture.

p0intblank
May 3, 2007, 10:54 AM
Steve Jobs is not leaving Apple. The only way he would leave is if he decided to retire... but for now, he's staying. It's all press. :rolleyes:

Nym
May 3, 2007, 10:55 AM
"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (stabs self in the chest)" is the only thing I want to see out of Enderle's mouth :D

Probably Enderle will be fired for reporting wrong facts faster than Steve Jobs will leave Apple. If it wasn't for Steve Jobs there'd be no Apple, and he's gonna leave because?... what a dumbass...

(And what's this have to do with Michael Moore? lol)

Swarmlord
May 3, 2007, 11:02 AM
I doubt it very much.

montex
May 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
I would not have clicked that link if I knew it was a Rob Enderle piece. MacBytes needs to have some kind of FUD warning next to it's hyperlinks. How about an icon like they do on Fark? Then Enderle might not get those hits he's so obviously whoring himself out for.

nagromme
May 3, 2007, 03:43 PM
The Apple I knew was about building better computers. The current incarnation is all about being counter culture.

Although I heard they've done a few little things with computers lately, like making a massive transition to a new processor architecture :)

johnee
May 3, 2007, 03:50 PM
The Apple I knew was about building better computers. The current incarnation is all about being counter culture.

I though apple was ALWAYS about being counter culture. wasn't there a poem that Richard Dryfus recited in an apple commercial which was solely about being anti-establishment? not to mention the 1984 commercial.

SPUY767
May 3, 2007, 07:21 PM

Yeah Apple hardly makes computers anymore. I mean seriously, the fastest consumer PC that you can buy ANYWHERE. . . The best designed products in an industry burgeoning with disposable commodities. . . Apple's hardly a blip on anyone in the computer industry's radar these days.

Damn! I just noticed something else? How in the blue blazes did Rob found his own group? Maybe he just got fired from whatever analyst firm he was working for before when they realized why his eyes were brown. Who in the hell would pay for this goon's services? I could get better accuracy out of an internet quote generator of the Chuck Norris fact repository.

SPUY767
May 3, 2007, 07:32 PM
Holy crap, has anyone checked dell's prices lately? I was scoping servers for my employer and Del's quad core servers are 3 grand more for a slower machine, dell currently only offers the Quad in 2.66 GHz. $8438 vs $5154, insanity. Only real advantage the dell has is more drive bays, but at that price, you could almost buy two macs and break even.

solvs
May 4, 2007, 12:43 AM
I would not have clicked that link if I knew it was a Rob Enderle piece. MacBytes needs to have some kind of FUD warning next to it's hyperlinks. How about an icon like they do on Fark? Then Enderle might not get those hits he's so obviously whoring himself out for.

Did you miss the part where it said: By Rob Enderle, Principal Analyst, Enderle Group? ;)

I don't get how he keeps getting work. He's a terrible analyst, constantly wrong about practically everything. Not just Apple. But I guess he brings in the hits, and I guess that's all that matters. :rolleyes:

Ten bucks says he gets a bunch of threatening e-mails from zealots and uses that to label all Mac users as nuts in the next column.