Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think Apple will do?

• Keep the iBook with a G3 until it discontinues it.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Will give the iBook a G4 ASAP.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • If you think they will give it a Superdrive and G4 ASAP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If you think the Superdrive is never gonna get to the iBook.

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

gambit

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2002
Turkey
:eek: I was just giving an alternate point of view not turning my thread into a war zone(but I want to watch you guys battle it to the end):D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by mymemory
Man, sorry but you are just not making any sense.

Get out of the radiation zone man.... gambit started a flame on with another thread about the G3 needing to get killed... lots of innocents (is there such a thing in here???) got flamed in the process.. :D

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
God, please!

NOBODY can say the iBook will NEVER have a superdrive. who knows? 10 years from now? I dont think anytime soon, and Apple WILL keep the G3 for education.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
They would need to get the thickness of the superdrive down, as well as it's power draw. Either that, or come up with even better battery technology to allow it into a laptop/TiBook. Another thing that is keeping me clear of the superdrive is the speeds... when they get the cd burning speeds up to what you see cd-rw drives at now, then it could be a more viable item. Right now, it is more of a niche item.

stoid

macrumors 601
Re: God, please!

Originally posted by Mac_User
NOBODY can say the iBook will NEVER have a superdrive. who knows? 10 years from now? I dont think anytime soon, and Apple WILL keep the G3 for education.

10 years from now, nobody's even going to want crappy old tech like a Superdrive. DVDs will be in the process of getting phased out, and the next big data storage device will be taking over like holographic memory or something. Think how far we've come in the last 10 years. 400K 3.5' disks to 240MB 3.5' disks. 650MB CD as growing technology to 5.2GB (one-sided) DVDs. And assuming that the growth is exponential (doubles every 18 months or something) and not linear, predicting even 2 years in advance is impossible, 10 years is utter insanity

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Oh gosh

Please tell me you know what I meant when I said "10 years." If you didn't, I was referring to the future of computers. We will probly have blue light disks by then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.