Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aspro

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Hobart, Australia
In what may be termed a questionable decision I ended up buying these maps. They are good, but it is not certain that they are worth what they are charging for them. I ended up buying it because the people I normally play with did.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
The maps are pretty cool. I've added them to my existing rotation of maps and still play the others as well. They are worth having. I have come to the opinion that it is BETTER that they charged money for these maps. While playing with these maps in my rotation (or with friends that are using these maps) we are avoiding a lot of the kids who play this game. Why is this good? Well, constant talking, cussing, yelling, immature, high pitched, glitching kids are not that fun to game online with. Imagine that :) So it appears that a lot of parents at this point haven't forked out the money for these kids to get these maps, which means they can't join the matches we've been playing in. That's a positive!

aspro

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Hobart, Australia
…I have come to the opinion that it is BETTER that they charged money for these maps…Well, constant talking, cussing, yelling, immature, high pitched, glitching kids are not that fun to game online with… it appears that a lot of parents at this point haven't forked out the money for these kids to get these maps, which means they can't join the matches we've been playing in. That's a positive!

I hadn't thought about that, but yeah I have been noticing this effect :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.