Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
No rumours! They have just been updated. The next place they will be updated is in July, faster G4, DDRAM, faster bus etc.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
rumor has it they will introduce the new speed bumped tibook.. 800mhz but the color of it is drawing some controversy...

Attachments

• pinktibook.jpg
    pinktibook.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 199

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
kross-Photoshop, you and your pink attire!

I can just see it now: 1.6GHz G5 under a pink PowerMac enclosure, with a pink Pro Mouse, pink Pro Keyboard, a pink PDA, and a pink 19" monitor!

Yes, I do agree that we will see new powerbooks. My guess in probability: 70%.

Probability in pink powerbooks: -1000%!

It is a nice thought, though.

Bill Gates: All you need to upload pictures from your camera is a fast PC and some boring software.

KC: Well I have a Mac, and the software I use operates in OS X. Does that make me better than you?

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
A pink TiBook?... baaaarrff!!! damn, and I just cleaned this place yesterday... thanks a lot krossfyter... LOL...

I want either gloss/flat black or Chrome for the next TiBook... any of those would drive me to pick one us ASAP.

I have an idea... how about if Apple came up with a device to compete with the hexbox?? Something that accepts all the other console game discs?? You could use PS, PS2, hexbox, and even n64 games in it. Make it thin, like the TiBook, with outputs for the power and tv connection out the back and for up to four controllers in the front. Make the drive slot loading, like the TiBook, and you wouldn't need to open it for anything. If they really wanted to get creative, they could even have an attachable screen to go to places where there are not any tv sets (camping?).

Maybe more practical would be to get some software to fool the games into running on either the iBook or TiBook... I know that those two ideas are out in the ether, but we CAN dream.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
That TiBook is certainly Strinking!!! Cant say I would buy one though. Bump up the RAM, Processor speed + graphics card & then that would be a great machine. Still a good machine now, but needs some extra features.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
A hexbox . . . Let us make it an iBox.

Spymac was told that there would be no iBox ever. But the thought of a video game system by Apple that can play DVD-ROM disks and have a large 20GB Hard Drive for storage would be a nice thought.

Right now, the iPod has a lot of potential for the future. That and the G5 are what Apple should really be focused on, not the over-prominent pink remnants of a canary!

. . . pink speakers, pink printers, pink CD-RW, pink desktop screen, pink avatars (now that is an idea!)

Bill Gates: All you need to upload pictures from your camera is a fast PC and some boring software.

Yours Truly: Well I have a Mac, and the software I use operates in OS X. That DOES make me better than you!

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Apple

I think Apple REALLY needs to update their PRO line. I mean, there is practically no difference between an iMac and the G4, except price and LCD. I think Apple needs a 266MHz Bus, L3 Cache with 4MB DDR RAM, and somewhere around a 1.4 GHz G4.

As for the TiBooks, those really need an update. Its been...ohhh...6 months.

Probly 733 and 800MHz Processors, to match the iMac. Or i HOPE since it is a pro laptop, 800 and 867 to beat the consumer iMac. Throw in level 3 cache, and a new look (maybe a chromish silver look) and we are cookin with gas baby!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
yep the chromish tibook, or even gold for that matter, would be killer. i know apple would make it look hella cool...not cheessy at all.

as for the iBox....thats a saweet idea. i heard of it before. alphatechs idea about having it accept ps1,ps2, hexbox games and even n64 games would be cool. why not make it accept gamecube disc also....that would definatly hit.

didnt apple eneter this market before...joint venture with another company ...the console was called the Pippin i believe...im not sure.??

stoid

macrumors 601
Apple Game Console

Why would Apple make a game console. The only reson M$ did it is because they finally realized thats about all their computers are good for, playing games. Apples aren't as good for gaming. it might be a good way to jump start them into the field, but it doesn't seem too likely.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
well they did it before right? seems like they did everything else before everyone. like the pda..etc. etc.

would they do it again. probably not. right now Apple is concerned on the digital hub and i dont think a game console would fit in it.

but i could be wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.