Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
so that cable that comes with the ipod to upload songs with, well apparently i think i disabled it when i clicked on that little icon on the right hand corner of the desktop to "Safely remove hardware"...i clicked on that...and u know how several ports/connections are available to safely disconnect...well i think i disconnected the actual usb cable cord connectivity if that makes any sense...uhh...so now the cable only charges but dosent recognize the ipod when its connected...what do i do?!?!?

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
Sorry to hear that, mate. :D

Well, I doubt that it's possible to "disconnect the usb cable cord connectivity". But you never know.

Are there any windows users around who might be able to help out?

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Sorry to hear that, mate. :D

Well, I doubt that it's possible to "disconnect the usb cable cord connectivity". But you never know.

Are there any windows users around who might be able to help out?

and this also happens when i plug it in my macbook...it dosent pick up the ipod..

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
Maybe resetting the iPod helps:

1. Make sure your iPod is fully charged.
2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

Good luck.

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Maybe resetting the iPod helps:

1. Make sure your iPod is fully charged.
2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

Good luck.

hehe cool, i did alittle research on my own and i found that same guide on the apple site..and it works!...this def should be a little sticky somewhere...cuz its pretty common with this stupid cable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.