PDA

View Full Version : can you play Star Wars Galaxies?

giganten
May 4, 2007, 11:50 PM
I donít play much computer games, so I will get a Mac. But I did play Star Wars Galaxies and now have my friends told me they play again and they want me to play with them.
So to my question, I know you can use bootcamp to install Windows but anyone know if you can use crossover or vmware to play SWG?

murfle
May 5, 2007, 07:58 PM
I donít play much computer games, so I will get a Mac. But I did play Star Wars Galaxies and now have my friends told me they play again and they want me to play with them.
So to my question, I know you can use bootcamp to install Windows but anyone know if you can use crossover or vmware to play SWG?

I haven't tried it myself, but I would say VMWare would be your best bet at trying... I wouldn't count on it though... VMWare's 3D is still in the early stages, and SWG runs like a beast on native Windows machines as it is... That's just my two cents though, I haven't any experience with VMWare Fusion as of yet...

giganten
May 6, 2007, 02:27 AM
Okay, and thanks.
I will try that when I get my Mac. But if anyone know or can try, please tell me if it works.

bobber205
May 6, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yes. I have played it on my mac. (demo)

giganten
May 6, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yes. I have played it on my mac. (demo)

Good!
But what program did you use, VMware, Crossover or bootcamp?