Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Sim City 3000 is probably my overall favourite PC game, that and RCT2 (DS update on that, plz) ate away the days. I really can't wait to see how this compares to the PC version and I really hope they didn't change too much (ie, make it mission based like other Sim translations to consoles).
And the music! Oh the music.

edit: LOL at the BlueRay advert :D "it's the ultimate" "from brands you trust", not! I gotta find me a downloadable version of that!

it5five

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 31, 2006
New York
Sim City 3000 is probably my overall favourite PC game, that and RCT2 (DS update on that, plz) ate away the days. I really can't wait to see how this compares to the PC version and I really hope they didn't change too much (ie, make it mission based like other Sim translations to consoles).
And the music! Oh the music.

edit: LOL at the BlueRay advert :D "it's the ultimate" "from brands you trust", not! I gotta find me a downloadable version of that!

I didn't see any BlueRay advert. I got some flying game. Hahaha.

I'd be happy with two different modes; Standard, where the gameplay is open-ended, and a seperate mission mode. If the whole game is mission based I think I might pass on it, or at least wait and see if it's any good or has any re-play value.

And a RCT2 port for DS would be amazing.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I forgot I was downloading that when I left the computer. Just watched the full trailer :eek: that is exactly the sort of remake I was looking for! Looks very true to the original.
Any word on wifi modes?

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Ooh, that looks pretty cool. (and typing this with a Wiimote is cool too)

SC2k was my favorite version, though.

it5five

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 31, 2006
New York
I forgot I was downloading that when I left the computer. Just watched the full trailer :eek: that is exactly the sort of remake I was looking for! Looks very true to the original.
Any word on wifi modes?

I don't know about wifi, but that might be pretty cool. Especially if they let you do those water, power, or waste deals with your wifi friends. Or maybe some Godzilla type mini game where two friends battle using one of the cities. :)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Now there's actually a reason to have disasters. Although a bit contrived, better than just watching your city get destroyed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.