PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for the G5

Wyrm
Jun 23, 2003, 10:40 PM
Not to gripe, but some constructive feedback to Apple:
Points I'd like to see:

1. ECC Memory - I can find no mention if the new boards support ECC. A quick count of the marketing picture shows this to be regular memory. Anyone know otherwise? ECC should be standard for a pro box.

2. RAID - 2 drives are a bit of a disappointment, but there's also no hardware RAID option. If it could have 3 SATA drives, then a RAID 5 setup would be truly professional. I would have liked to see the HDDs as removable, like the XServe.

3. 2nd Optical bay - I've heard this desire around, that some people like 2 optical drives. I think it makes a lot of sense. There is no other bay! Extending the case a little higher to fit this could also mean more drives for point 2.

4. Space - say you put a PCI-X SCSI card in there... ok, so where do you put the drives? Externally? Is it just me, or is the new encloser harder to access things like memory and HDDs than the old box?

5. Water-Cooled option - ok, a little off the deep end, but water-cooling technology for the masses has really advanced, and it would make the system even quieter.

Ok - what else?

-Wyrm

WannabeSQ
Jun 23, 2003, 11:29 PM
6. Fourth PCI slot. Many people who buy powermacs use them for audio, and need many slots.

7. More "middle of the road" video card choices, as it is, they have a very low end card and the very high end, not much in the middle. Like why did they drop the 9700 pro? Maybe even some more nVidia cards, more FX series cards

I guess they could use expansion chassis (many already do, as they need more than 4 slots as it is now)

Maybe we need an Apple branded PCI expansion chassis. Would be pretty cool for the xserve for audio people. JMO

daveg5
Jun 24, 2003, 12:47 AM
all extremely valid points
the dual optical was probably nixed so that the developers could sell more firewire drives, ditto the 2 hard drive limit, now you need the xstation or individual harddrives. does anyone mac a nice 4 channel firewire 800 card and 4disk firewire hd case enclosure in aluminium.
still the biggest disappoint is the lack of internal hard drive space. i am dreaming of 4 sata 10000 raptors at 62MBS each 248 together 5.7ms access, or 4 15k.3 cheettahs 76 MBs 3.5 ms acees 304together.
hopefully someone will come out with a matching 2-4 hdd case that can be put on the side or top with individual access.
most lowcost scsi cards have in and out split so 320 would be 160 internal and 160 external.
the lack or the forth pci is gonna hurt some pros. but hopefully a low cost pci chassis is around the corner..
do you really have to take the fans off to change the memory. ouch.
pcs have 256MB video cards out now , ati and nvdia need to get on the ball and release them for mac along with low cost 128MB agp cards available for well under $100 pc.

anyway i like it . not as good as i hope but still okay

pretentious
Jun 24, 2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by WannabeSQ

7. More "middle of the road" video card choices, as it is, they have a very low end card and the very high end, not much in the middle. Like why did they drop the 9700 pro? Maybe even some more nVidia cards, more FX series cards

As a marketing ploy Apple regulated the 9800 (As I understand its just a slight upgrade of the 9700?) to a BTO option so they can make the Duel 2.0 under $3000.

$2999 sounds much better than $33 hundred that they would have to charge for having the 9800 built in.

MacBandit
Jun 24, 2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by pretentious
As a marketing ploy Apple regulated the 9800 (As I understand its just a slight upgrade of the 9700?) to a BTO option so they can make the Duel 2.0 under $3000.

$2999 sounds much better than $33 hundred that they would have to charge for having the 9800 built in.

I personally think the 9600 is a middle of the road card. Also it can be had on the entry level PowerMac for just $50 more so there really is no reason for someone to have to have that poor slow NVidia they are pawning off.

Macpoops
Jun 24, 2003, 02:39 AM
the damn things haven't even been shipped yet. Still being built and already people are complaining that they aren't good enough. i hate people...

scem0
Jun 24, 2003, 03:22 AM
well, I think they are good enough but they could be better. Such is the nature of humanity - we want the best we can get.

I would like to see:

cheaper prices (same pricing scheme as the last g4's)

cheaper prices

cheaper prices

a new case

oh, and did I mention cheaper prices?

a removal of that ugly black background on the apple site for a lot of things concerning the g5 (like the main apple page).

Apple has taken a step in the wrong direction asthetically today. The new case is ugly (Although it matches my desk better than the MDD's), they are changing their site to a more black and brushed metal theme (and black and brushed metal just plain don't go well together), and they have made a process viewer window almost identacal to the task manager window from Windows. Bah they could have at least fancied it up. Oh well, it is more than I could have dreamed of.

GJ apple. Do just as good next time please.

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/cdcb35acd7902df97d2eb5e6c320263b.png

Spock
Jun 24, 2003, 09:29 AM
Man, you people wanted the freaking G5 for almost 4 years and now when we get it you complain.

e-coli
Jun 24, 2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by daveg5
now you need the xstation

Bro. There is no Xstation. Slow down there, champ. Baby steps. We waited 3 years for the G5. ;)

e-coli
Jun 24, 2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by scem0
Apple has taken a step in the wrong direction asthetically today. The new case is ugly.

Wow. I heartily disagree. The case is really nice. It's so understated and smart. Like the use of materials for air flow. It's almost like the panels of the case aren't there. And the shape is reduced to its most basic elements.

To me, its intelligence is similar in fashion to Mies van der Rohe's Farnsworth house.

Just MHO, though. Does it have a speaker?

G4scott
Jun 24, 2003, 11:33 AM
I love the case... It looks just like something out of a sci-fi movie... No cables are visible (from what I've seen), and it just looks cool...

I agree with most of the points, except for water cooling... That requires much more maintenance, and it defeats the point of owning a mac: simplicity.

That's why I don't see me buying anything until the next gen 3ghz G5's come out :D :cool:

gotohamish
Jun 24, 2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by WannabeSQ
6. Fourth PCI slot. Many people who buy powermacs use them for audio, and need many slots.

I guess they could use expansion chassis (many already do, as they need more than 4 slots as it is now)

Maybe we need an Apple branded PCI expansion chassis. Would be pretty cool for the xserve for audio people. JMO

I hear you, but now the optical audio ports are built it, they might need one less anyway, but I know, more is always better :D

iShater
Jun 24, 2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by scem0
well, I think they are good enough but they could be better. Such is the nature of humanity - we want the best we can get.

I would like to see:

cheaper prices (same pricing scheme as the last g4's)

cheaper prices

cheaper prices

oh, and did I mention cheaper prices?

http://www.my-smileys.de/signs/cdcb35acd7902df97d2eb5e6c320263b.png

Ditto ditto ditto!

I want an entry level PM for less!

MacBandit
Jun 24, 2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by iShater
Ditto ditto ditto!

I want an entry level PM for less!

An entry level PowerMac is the G4 1.25. It can be had for $1,299.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/70102/wo/Rh4n01rQwjVZ2gYzNOF1Z0cZaxX/0.0.7.1.0.5.21.1.8.1.0.0.0.1.0

If you want the latest and greatest you're going to pay more. Face it Macs aren't run of the mill computers and never will be. Even if they are slower they offer a different kind of experience and you have to pay for that. If you just want an entry level Mac you should consider an iMac or eMac if you want an entry level Mac that has some expandibility you should consider the now very cheap G4 that I mentioned above.

illumin8
Jun 24, 2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Wyrm
1. ECC Memory - I can find no mention if the new boards support ECC. A quick count of the marketing picture shows this to be regular memory. Anyone know otherwise? ECC should be standard for a pro box.
If you want things like ECC memory, built in Fibre Channel, etc., you really need to look at a higher-end workstation like a Sun Blade 2000. Sure, they are expensive as hell, but these components are not cheap. That's why Sun charges a premium for them.

One thing you get with Sun that you'll never see in an Apple: ECC across all data paths. That's why they're so expensive. People that do medical imaging and chip fabrication/design on these boxes want to know that a flipped bit in memory won't translate into data corruption on the display, or that their data will be preserved intact on the hard disk after travelling from memory, across the PCI bus, through the Fibre channel adapter, and out to disk. The Sun workstation's ECC insures that.

But don't expect Apple to add that without quadrupling the price of their current workstations. The parts just cost too much.

Wyrm
Jun 24, 2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by illumin8
If you want things like ECC memory, built in Fibre Channel, etc., you really need to look at a higher-end workstation like a Sun Blade 2000. Sure, they are expensive as hell, but these components are not cheap. That's why Sun charges a premium for them.

One thing you get with Sun that you'll never see in an Apple: ECC across all data paths. That's why they're so expensive. People that do medical imaging and chip fabrication/design on these boxes want to know that a flipped bit in memory won't translate into data corruption on the display, or that their data will be preserved intact on the hard disk after travelling from memory, across the PCI bus, through the Fibre channel adapter, and out to disk. The Sun workstation's ECC insures that.

But don't expect Apple to add that without quadrupling the price of their current workstations. The parts just cost too much.

ECC memory support (forget ECC on all data-paths) is not that hard, and pretty good bang for the buck, especially if you keep your machine running 24x7. Although I must admit, I've never had a problem running a non-ECC machine 24x7 - so maybe it's just the equivalent of an IT soother.

But speaking of memory, does anyone know if the G5 uses regular DDR memory? I assume they would - but their prices are astronomical - over 2x what ECC PC3200 memory costs here in Japan, or 4x what PC3200 memory costs (yeah - sure noname brands, but still). I guess this is nothing new, but they are charging more than the G5 to go 8GB - ug!

-Wyrm

MacBandit
Jun 25, 2003, 01:45 AM
ECC memory support (forget ECC on all data-paths) is not that hard, and pretty good bang for the buck, especially if you keep your machine running 24x7. Although I must admit, I've never had a problem running a non-ECC machine 24x7 - so maybe it's just the equivalent of an IT soother.

But speaking of memory, does anyone know if the G5 uses regular DDR memory? I assume they would - but their prices are astronomical - over 2x what ECC PC3200 memory costs here in Japan, or 4x what PC3200 memory costs (yeah - sure noname brands, but still). I guess this is nothing new, but they are charging more than the G5 to go 8GB - ug!

-Wyrm

All ram that Apple uses on all it's computers is plain ram but it has to meet the specs nearly exactly. So I recommend buying from a retailer that certifies it to work with Apple hardware. That way if you have a problem you can return it no questions asked. A good place to start your search is at www.ramseeker.com which has a Mac only ram price list. They haven't updated yet for the G5 but I expect it soon. I personally almost always use www.18004memory.com when I buy ram anyway. I've been using them for 8 years without a problem and they do certify Apple compatibility.

ZildjianKX
Jun 25, 2003, 01:56 AM
Apple should really be using Crucial, Mushkin, or Corsair instead of the generic stuff. If I wanted generic, I could go to Fry's :)

MacBandit
Jun 25, 2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
Apple should really be using Crucial, Mushkin, or Corsair instead of the generic stuff. If I wanted generic, I could go to Fry's :)

Who said it was generic? Just because it doesn't have a name brand on it doesn't make it generic it means they are a large supplier that buys in huge amounts. They probably get the ram from the same people who build their boards.

ZildjianKX
Jun 25, 2003, 02:17 AM
It may not be generic... but its obviously not going to be of the same calibur as the above mentioned companies, the producers of the highest quality RAM made... and cheaper than Apple charges, lol.

MacBandit
Jun 25, 2003, 02:58 AM
It may not be generic... but its obviously not going to be of the same calibur as the above mentioned companies, the producers of the highest quality RAM made... and cheaper than Apple charges, lol.

I would find it hard to make a blanket statement like the Ram they use not being on the same level. For all you know it actually comes from one of them. Apple is known for using top of the line parts.

Also I doubt Apples charge is for the ram remember there is labor involved also. I would expect they probably charge $500/hour also there is a 1/2 hour minimum.;) :D

Porshuh944turbo
Jun 25, 2003, 03:09 AM

do you think Crucial makes their own RAM????

Apple RAM is good stuff... much better than OEM crap from Fry's.

lets try to avoid personal attacks, ok?

Aurora
Jun 25, 2003, 12:25 PM
So, what would be a better idea when it comes to buying RAM--going with 18004MEMORY's or Apple's? This is in terms of speed/reliability/etc etc.

I want to get the very best. Money is not so much of an issue. If it comes to saving thousands and getting barely noticeable speed decreases, I would go for the 18004MEMORY. But, if it means getting a noticeably better speed, I wouldn't mind paying the extra trillion dollars to Apple for their RAM.

What do those in the know advise?

And does 18004MEMORY not sell 1gb RAMs (not the 2 x 512) for the dual 2.0 g5?

I really want to max out the RAM to 8gb...

MacBandit
Jun 25, 2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Aurora
So, what would be a better idea when it comes to buying RAM--going with 18004MEMORY's or Apple's? This is in terms of speed/reliability/etc etc.

I want to get the very best. Money is not so much of an issue. If it comes to saving thousands and getting barely noticeable speed decreases, I would go for the 18004MEMORY. But, if it means getting a noticeably better speed, I wouldn't mind paying the extra trillion dollars to Apple for their RAM.

What do those in the know advise?

And does 18004MEMORY not sell 1gb RAMs (not the 2 x 512) for the dual 2.0 g5?

I really want to max out the RAM to 8gb...

All that matters is getting something that is guaranteed to work in the G5. That alone will comfirm it is quality ram as OSX and the Macs period are very picky about ht ram used in them. By the time the G5 ships I would nearly gurantee that 18004MEMMORY will be carrying 1GB Dimms. Also I would also recommend any of the retailers listed at the top of the price lists at www.ramseeker.com .

QCassidy352
Jun 25, 2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Spock
Man, you people wanted the freaking G5 for almost 4 years and now when we get it you complain.

damn right.

mnkeybsness
Jun 25, 2003, 03:02 PM
i do also feel that the case design is very limited for what you can put inside...

and can someone point out where the hard drives actually get placed? i can't even see them in any pics.

i do like how "intelligent" (as it's been referred to in this thread) the case design is. airflow is great...now to keep the dust out though...hmmmm

Rower_CPU
Jun 25, 2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
and can someone point out where the hard drives actually get placed? i can't even see them in any pics.

http://www.apple.com/powermac/gallery/hero.html

Look in the side view w/ the case off. They are in the top right, behind the Superdrive.

Chad
Oct 20, 2003, 12:34 PM
OK sorry this is a older post but just got my G5 and was looking at what memory people put in
I put in Muskin but got a bad stick ??
so was thinking also of crucial so did a search and found this thread

but the quote below I found rather funny and the lack of knowledge even more so :confused:

and not trying to attack you but educate you before you say things like this :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Porshuh944turbo
do you think Crucial makes their own RAM????

fraeone
Oct 20, 2003, 01:01 PM
OK, two quotes from Crucial:

Truth is, there is only one company in America that actually manufactures the DRAM chips, the memory printed circuit board, and then assembles them into memory modules Micron and its memory upgrade division, Crucial Technology.

Micron has over 2,000 engineers and a 1.8 million-square-foot manufacturing facility with state-of-the-art clean rooms, memory testers, and exacting quality control. Crucial memory is recognized worldwide for its power and performance. Our memory is used by Apple, Gateway, HP, IBM, Micronpc and more

Crucial most certainly DOES make their own RAM, and most likely it's what Apple is shipping with the G5s.

MacBandit
Oct 20, 2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Chad
OK sorry this is a older post but just got my G5 and was looking at what memory people put in
I put in Muskin but got a bad stick ??
so was thinking also of crucial so did a search and found this thread

but the quote below I found rather funny and the lack of knowledge even more so :confused:

and not trying to attack you but educate you before you say things like this :rolleyes:

They were making a simple question and you act as if they made a blatantly stupid statement. Also if you are trying to educate someone you should at least point out what the mistake was and correct it. You just basically called them stupid without saying why. Please refrain from such attacks unless you are truly trying to educate someone and have the evidence to back it up.

macrumors12345
Oct 20, 2003, 01:55 PM
Not to gripe, but some constructive feedback to Apple:
Points I'd like to see:

I think some of your other requests are valid, but this one is not. DDR ECC memory is difficult to come by and very expensive (do they even make ECC DDR400?), and has almost no benefit to the end user. Maybe in the G5 XServe or something it could make sense to offer DDR ECC memory, but in the G5 tower all this would do would be to increase the cost and potentially lower performance without provigind any benefit to the end user (standard DDR SDRAM is already reliable enough for 99% of us).

Also, I don't know why you say that Apple isn't offering any "midrange" graphics cards. They offer all 3 options on the G5: low end (GeForce 5200), mid range (Radeon 9600), and high end (Radeon 9800). The Radeon 9600 is considered to be a very good midrange card, so I don't really understand your complaint.

Maybe to some in the PC world "mid range" means like GeForce 4MX or something, because so many PCs ship with Intel Ingretated video (truly "low end")...then I guess there would be no "mid range" option for the G5. But I don't think so.

Chad
Oct 20, 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
They were making a simple question and you act as if they made a blatantly stupid statement. Also if you are trying to educate someone you should at least point out what the mistake was and correct it. You just basically called them stupid without saying why. Please refrain from such attacks unless you are truly trying to educate someone and have the evidence to back it up.

sure sorry ;) didnt mean to come across like that to anyone
but at the same time when someone says something like that which is common knowledge to most people in the biz !!!!

it does come off as a blatantly stupid statement

it wasnt a simple question it was a reply to someone else in itslef it was a slap back to that poster
go back and read it in whole

I guess the fact is quite common so sorry about that

at the same time you should be saying to that reply, dont make statements that you cant back up !!!

here
http://www.crucial.com/Company/companyinfo.asp

there is your proof ;)

not trying to start a war so sorry again if I did to some wasn't my intention.

but at the same time if you are going to pick on me for bringing out the truth on a false statement then you should have noticed it yourself
this is how bad info goes around and around !!!
I used to work as a trainer for a company called HP
and used to have to battle bad info all the time and sadly tons of it comes off of forums such as this one which has a ton of great people but sometimes even the best get tripped up on what is real and not
I have nothing against the poster just trying to correct a mistake ;)

also cute bunny pics from your bio page wife and I have two house bunnies ;)
http://www.chaddahlquist.com/bunnies/

MacBandit
Oct 20, 2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Chad
.......but at the same time if you are going to pick on me for bringing out the truth on a false statement then you should have noticed it yourself
this is how bad info goes around and around !!!
I used to work as a trainer for a company called HP
and used to have to battle bad info all the time and sadly tons of it comes off of forums such as this one which has a ton of great people but sometimes even the best get tripped up on what is real and not
I have nothing against the poster just trying to correct a mistake ;)

No, problem. I wasn't picking on you simply pointing out that if you want help educate someone you need to provide the knowledge that they need. All you did was say they were stupid and move on.

Just one member to another here. Don't assume that any info is common knowledge on these boards. We are constantly getting people in here that need to be told what a command key is etc. They come here because there is a vast amount of knowledge and we are happy to help even the most helpless.

Chad
Oct 20, 2003, 09:02 PM
;)
cool no worries then ;)
glad to be here and hope to get a lot of help with my new Mac
since I have not been on them in so many years
hope to kindly share knowledge I know

Wyrm
Oct 21, 2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by macrumors12345
I think some of your other requests are valid, but this one is not. DDR ECC memory is difficult to come by and very expensive (do they even make ECC DDR400?), and has almost no benefit to the end user. Maybe in the G5 XServe or something it could make sense to offer DDR ECC memory, but in the G5 tower all this would do would be to increase the cost and potentially lower performance without provigind any benefit to the end user (standard DDR SDRAM is already reliable enough for 99% of us).

Well, Apple has already made that decision for you by not supporting ECC memory. DDR400 ECC is available, from a few stores, here in Japan at least, it's about 30-50% more expensive, and the benefit depends on what you are doing with your G5. Some people like the extra insurance that ECC provides, and would rather take the performance/cost hit than a chance of losing their work. Depending on implementation it will only decrease performance when using ECC (and then not by much) - so if you install cheaper DIMMS (if it supports both), then no performance loss - but then that is second-guessing the engineer.. ;-)

Re: G5 XServe
I don't think the current ones use ECC. They'd have to make a whole new set just to support ECC for the XServe rather than using the PowerMac one. They've done that before, so anything is possible. I agree that the XServe should absolutely support ECC because any unix infra admin worth his/her salt will demand ECC for a server deployment; they also like RAID, redundant power supplies, hot-swapable cpus, memory, drives, UPS, etc. Of there's a lot of high stuff in that list, but ECC memory is rather a given for an always on server.

Given the choice of having it or not, I'd vote to have it.

Also, I don't know why you say that Apple isn't offering any "midrange" graphics cards. They offer all 3 options on the G5: low end (GeForce 5200), mid range (Radeon 9600), and high end (Radeon 9800). The Radeon 9600 is considered to be a very good midrange card, so I don't really understand your complaint.

Maybe to some in the PC world "mid range" means like GeForce 4MX or something, because so many PCs ship with Intel Ingretated video (truly "low end")...then I guess there would be no "mid range" option for the G5. But I don't think so.

Hey, that wasn't me - I agree with you about the midrange - the 9600 is a fine card. I hope they make workstation cards eventually, but the 9800 is an awesome card if you ask me.

Wyrm

gotohamish
Oct 21, 2003, 06:38 AM
Extending the case a little higher to fit this could also mean more drives for point 2.

I'm guessing you've not seen/used a G5 then?

They're really tall enough thanks!

Wyrm
Oct 21, 2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by gotohamish
I'm guessing you've not seen/used a G5 then?

They're really tall enough thanks!

At the time I made that statement, you're right - I hadn't seen one in the metal so to speak. First thing I thought when I saw a G4 PowerMac next to a G5, was "How the &@#& does everything fit in the G4?!?!"
:eek:

-Wyrm

Source
Oct 21, 2003, 11:24 AM
I don't agree with the water-cooling option at all.

Water cooling was only slightly practical a few years ago, because it really did make things silent, but water cooling is still a bulky and messy "technology" and nowadays it has no practical advantages over fans at all, given how much quieter they are these days.

The only reason anyone uses water-cooling these days if for the "wow" factor, but even then it's pretty pointless.

Do you really think any major computer company would produce a water-cooled computer?

Forgive me, but what are you thinking?? It's a totally redundant, expensive and useless technology now and would also completel negate the case design (for fans/airflow).

MacBandit
Oct 21, 2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Source
I don't agree with the water-cooling option at all.

Water cooling was only slightly practical a few years ago, because it really did make things silent, but water cooling is still a bulky and messy "technology" and nowadays it has no practical advantages over fans at all, given how much quieter they are these days.

The only reason anyone uses water-cooling these days if for the "wow" factor, but even then it's pretty pointless.

Do you really think any major computer company would produce a water-cooled computer?

Forgive me, but what are you thinking?? It's a totally redundant, expensive and useless technology now and would also completel negate the case design (for fans/airflow).

You sound like a car/motorcycle person when the first water cooled motors came out. It's unnecessary blah, blah, blah. Bullocks. Water cooling is far more effective at removing heat from a case then air and is still much more quiet. I can't remember who right off but it's Dell or IBM that uses water cooling in there laptops. Also if Apple went to water cooling they could reduce the number of fans and also reduce the size of the case or just the internals of the case allowing more expansion room. Also if the water cooling was done right they could completely seal the case preventing dust from entering it.

Wyrm
Oct 21, 2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
You sound like a car/motorcycle person when the first water cooled motors came out. It's unnecessary blah, blah, blah. Bullocks. Water cooling is far more effective at removing heat from a case then air and is still much more quiet. I can't remember who right off but it's Dell or IBM that uses water cooling in there laptops. Also if Apple went to water cooling they could reduce the number of fans and also reduce the size of the case or just the internals of the case allowing more expansion room. Also if the water cooling was done right they could completely seal the case preventing dust from entering it.

All that and they might be able to free up some room without those GIANT heatsinks - hey maybe enough room to say put a second drive bay or more HDD space without increasing the size, or <gasp> actually shrinking the G5 enclosure. How much space is wasted in the new enclosure due to cooling with 9 computer controlled fans???

I admit the new G5 is quiet, but then again not as quiet as a Cube. Watercooling might get it much closer.

-Wyrm

Dont Hurt Me
Oct 21, 2003, 07:39 PM
My wish list is a G5 Cube................anyone else like one?? dont matter aluminum or clear acylic plastic just give me a small upgradeable G5.

Wyrm
Oct 21, 2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
My wish list is a G5 Cube................anyone else like one?? dont matter aluminum or clear acylic plastic just give me a small upgradeable G5.

Unfortunately, I think mentioning The Cube at Apple is a firing offence. :D

Yeah - I had the envy, but never bought one...
:(

-Wyrm