Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merc669

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Southern MD, USA
Question for those experienced WOW Players. How do you bind an action say like "Feign Death" to a key on the keyboard? I know there is the function of Key-Binding in the I/F Options. But all that does is say Actionbar 1 button 1 has "Autoshot" attached. But say I wanted it mapped to the "A" key, how would I do that and have the configuration remember those settings if I log out and log back in again? Thanks!!

Bill.....:apple:

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
I think what you would do is find the corresponding button that you typically use for feign death (be it action bar 1-= or special action bar or whatever) and use the secondary binding and set it to "A".

That is what has worked for me anyway. I bound bear form and cat form to "[" and "]" respectively.

Anyone have any useful bindings they use for a given class?

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
I think what you would do is find the corresponding button that you typically use for feign death (be it action bar 1-= or special action bar or whatever) and use the secondary binding and set it to "A".

That is what has worked for me anyway. I bound bear form and cat form to "[" and "]" respectively.

Anyone have any useful bindings they use for a given class?

This is correct but its not limited to keys only you can also use mouse buttons. For example I have my stance toggle macro linked to my mouse button 4. Also keep in mind you can bind all of the blizzard bars (top right top left, ext...) and you can also bind keys to to work with two keys. My top left action bar is Shift-1 Shift-2 ext... Ctrl for my top left.

merc669

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Southern MD, USA
This is correct but its not limited to keys only you can also use mouse buttons. For example I have my stance toggle macro linked to my mouse button 4. Also keep in mind you can bind all of the blizzard bars (top right top left, ext...) and you can also bind keys to to work with two keys. My top left action bar is Shift-1 Shift-2 ext... Ctrl for my top left.

Using your description above then; when you say the top left action bar I assume this is not the bar across the bottom labeled "1 thru =" but a different bar. So, how do you know which bar you are working with? Sorry to drag this out but I am wanting to keep my Melee and Distance is on the 1 thru = , so I want to bind it to one of the special bars or just map a key to the function I want.

Bill.....:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.