Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Anyone snagged it off XBL yet? (Funny, you used to have to be a gold member to download demos right away but I am silver and get them day 1)

I am disappointed :( It feels like Forza 1 (which was very good mind you) but not much else. The 'damage' is kind of lame, the graphics look comparable to PG3 and there is no incar view where you see the steering wheel and such :(

I think I am still gonna rent it to get a better impression of all the features but as it stands it's a lot less than I expected.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
I don't like realistic driving games, I have a hard time with this one. So, I don't like it. :p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
They've played this poorly. Whoever made this should have released the demo a long time ago and gathered responses from that. I believe the game itself has gone gold now so *shrug* don't expect much new in the full game :(

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
They've played this poorly. Whoever made this should have released the demo a long time ago and gathered responses from that. I believe the game itself has gone gold now so *shrug* don't expect much new in the full game :(

AHH I just played the demo at my friend's place...It's almost exactly like Forza 1! I'm very disappointed to say the least...The graphics aren't even comparable to GTHD, and as for controls...GTHD spanks the crap outta Forza. You're right about the part that they should have released a demo A LONG TIME AGO to get feedback. The game has already gone gold and is being released to manufacturing...I'm not expecting much in the full game either. Oh well... :mad:

ericsthename

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2005
Vancouver BC
Got the demo yesterday, and I'm a bit unsure of what to think. I don't have HDTV so I dunno exactly what the graphics are like. Seem ok if not a bit drab. Driving with the force feedback wheel was pretty good.

Altogether theres not much you can do with the demo - none of the tweaking and tuning that really makes sims fun to drive. I think it's to early to lay the hammer down on the game. I remember being disappointed by the TDU demo but loving the game, so its nothing new.

That being said, I hope that the full version has some interesting surprises :)

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
After playing the demo, I am VERY glad that I didn't pre-order the game. The graphics are relatively poor (1080i or 720p HDTV) and the controls are nothing special.

I think I'll just pick up a cheap copy of PGR3.

(Wow, demos have kept me from buying games. First C&C and now Forza2...)

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
After playing the demo, I am VERY glad that I didn't pre-order the game. The graphics are relatively poor (1080i or 720p HDTV) and the controls are nothing special.

I think I'll just pick up a cheap copy of PGR3.

Yeah I was surprised at how "blurry" the graphics looked. Similar to how the original game looked, where there were blurry textures and such. And I noticed a lot of aliasing as well...I guess they had to sacrifice something in order to achieve 60 fps. :rolleyes:

But overall I'm very unimpressed with it. GTHD isn't even going to be a full game! And it's already spanking Forza with both controls and graphics...Not to mention gameplay. I can only imagine what GT5 is going to be like! :p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I sort of expected this kind of response to Forza 2, seeing that Forza 1 was very highly rated. Same sort of crit the new Pokemon DS games get, as they haven't progressed much past the initial game. The only logical step was to push it to HD. Still, I really like the control and can't wait to play it with the racing wheel.

Speaking of GT, is there any solid info on a proper PS3 version? Or are we in a PSP GT state of limbo?

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!

No doubt, I almost bought a few games (this included) but didn't since the demo's didn't turn my crank.

But then again, I have also bought a few games due to demos (Tomb Raider and Dead Rising) so I guess it balances out :) The only loser is the video store since I hardly rent anymore.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I played it and it is fun, and i have played Gt4, i think that Gt4 beats it with the sheer number of cars, but forza wins with more upgrade options and realistic damage.

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
I've played the demo too. Very good gameplay but like others, found the graphics to be underwhelming.

Having said that, there could be a good reason for that...

To keep download sizes down for the XBL demos, there have been cases where texture detail, quantity and resolution, as well as object model complexity have been severely reduced.

For example, the demo for Crackdown pales in comparison to the actual game.

So I'm holding off judgement until I've seen the full release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.