PDA

View Full Version : /. the great G5 argument

trebblekicked
Jun 24, 2003, 12:47 PM
it's been about 24 hours since the release of the G5, and this looks to be the best argument so far on the "fastest desktop ever" issue.

Link (http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/03/06/24/1232237.shtml?tid=126&tid=181)

does this belong here? anyway, i thought it was funny.

P-Worm
Jun 24, 2003, 02:05 PM
I think this has already been posted somewhere, but i don't think this is something to pay attention to, just more trash.

P-Worm

rhpenguin
Jun 28, 2003, 08:19 AM
Serously though, what did you expect? The stupid winblows community being mac haters as usual trying to rain on our parade. And most of them have not used one in their life. I would say a good 90% of slashdot readers are PC users and are Linuxheads and because OS X is not open source its no good and bla bla bla. Oh well... Atleast my computing experience will be nicer than theirs :)

I pitty the fool who just doesnt know how much Apple rocks....

Cheers,

RHPeNgUiN.

Steradian
Jun 30, 2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by rhpenguin
and because OS X is not open source its no good and bla bla bla.

Erm you do know that apple has gained massive support from the Open Source community for there contributions...I mean OS X is build on Free BSD...and a lot of the work done on much of the software has become open source, i e Safari code... Anway /. wasn't too bad, Mac users have a pretty strong Voice over there, most of the things said over there were unjustified but then countered, i e when they said that they turned off the HyperThreading for the Dells...Well Apple made it clear that it would re test if desired, they turned off the Hyper Threading because it made the scores worse, making the G5 look even better. ...O Well carry on, and try reading slashdot and stop making assumptions..