PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Warcraft Frozen THrone CD Case.. Any alternatives?

Dynamyk
May 13, 2007, 08:21 PM
I still have my box. And have my case and cd for War 3. But i only have my tft cd. Is there anyway I could get back my cd key?

Chone
May 13, 2007, 09:15 PM
If you are on a PC this little app might work: http://www.zerogamers.com/downloads/c38-Warcraft-III-Bnet-Utilities/f46-CD-Key-Grabber.html

Otherwise I really don't know, the CD-Key is ENCRYPTED on an .mpq file so even if you could find it it would just be gibberish... hmm.

statikcat
May 14, 2007, 02:36 PM
Wow I just had the same scenario today! Found out WCIII was updated for UB in January today so decided to gome home on lunch and find my discs. Had everything except the TFT case with the number. Luckily I found it under my car seat after 20m of tearing my room to shreds :)

Enough rambling.. no without the cd key on the case you will have issues with Battlenet. It is nowhere else by default.

Dynamyk
May 14, 2007, 03:11 PM
I've turned over my apartment trying to find it and I still can't see that cold face with the CDkey sticker staring at me. I hope i find it soon.

Chone
May 14, 2007, 04:16 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I saw The Frozen Throne (stand alone) for 4.99 at a Target...

winchest
May 14, 2007, 05:53 PM
You also might be able to pick up a cheap one from ebay.

fall3n
May 14, 2007, 05:54 PM
Just go buy a new one. It's diiiirrrt cheap. An alternative is to check out your Windows registry (if your on a PC). Not sure if you can do anything the same on a Mac

winchest
May 14, 2007, 05:57 PM
Could you call Blizzard? They should know that you registered it and have been paying your monthly fee.

haiggy
May 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
Could you call Blizzard? They should know that you registered it and have been paying your monthly fee.

There is no monthly fee for WC3

winchest
May 14, 2007, 06:39 PM
Oh duh, my bad!