PDA

View Full Version : iPod Ripping

Matt07
May 14, 2007, 02:13 AM
My iMac G3 is not powering up, and it has about 700 songs of mine on it. This music is also on my iPod, since I sync it with the iMac. I want to recover these songs onto my XP PC from my iPod, and I have downloaded a program called iPodRip Win 2.8 by The Little App Factory to do so. However, even when the iPod is plugged in i get a message 'No iPod Found - Please Connect'. Is this because the iPod is formatted for Macintosh? Is there any way at all to recover my songs from my iPod?

Many thanks in advance

mad jew
May 14, 2007, 03:00 AM
The easiest and cheapest way would be to find another Mac to do it from. However, there's an app called MacDrive (http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/) which will allow the PC to read from your iPod.

Matt07
May 14, 2007, 05:17 AM
Thanks for your reply. Unfortuneately, I don't know anyone well close by with a Mac. Just wondering, how would that program would allow the iPod ripping program recognise the macintosh-formatted iPod? Any other suggestions?

iHerzeleid
May 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
MacDrive allows for you to have your Mac formatted hard drive mounted on your Windows PC. Since your iTunes song are saved in a Library, all you would need to do is transfer them over.

Matt07
May 15, 2007, 01:55 AM
I got the iMac going, so I no longer need to get the music off the iPod. Thanks for your help anyway.

psychofreak
May 15, 2007, 02:26 AM
I got the iMac going, so I no longer need to get the music off the iPod. Thanks for your help anyway.

Back-up now! This may nearly have been a sour lesson, and your machine clearly isn't in tip-top shape! :)