Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
So I have a movie in iMovie, it plays fine, bring it into iDVD, plays fine, export to an actual DVD and there's no audio. I poked around this new site, google.com, and found that most likely my audio from the camera was in a format iDVD can't convert to MPEG2 (HVC?). So in iMovie I exported the movie to AIFF (so I'd just have the audio), turned the main audio track off in iMovie and plopped the AIFF audio track into iMovie. Brought it into iDVD made the DVD, no dice.

I exported the movie to DV now and Visual Hub was able to make it into a DVD although it loses the menus and chapters which I'd much like to have. Any suggestions? I have Quicktime Pro if that'll help. I'd poke around more but at this point having to wait 40 minutes to make the DVD each try is kinda getting old if there is a solution that is known. :) I'm not sure why using a new audio stream didn't fix it.

Thanks!

Edit: I looked at some Apple docs and they said to look at the format and it seems to not be what they said it would be if it were bad.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42996

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.