PDA

View Full Version : Settler's of Catan

mrgreen4242
May 15, 2007, 10:16 AM
So I finally checked out Settler's (been meaning to play that game for like 10 years) via the 360 XBLA game. Great fun, great value at $10, too.

I'm still getting the swing of the nuances, but I think I'm ready for some multiplayer matchups... anyone else download this yet?

Swarmlord
May 15, 2007, 10:39 AM
No, but thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out. I love playing that game as the board game with all the expansions.

mrgreen4242
May 16, 2007, 11:11 AM
No, but thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out. I love playing that game as the board game with all the expansions.

I'm hoping they release the expansions (there's two, right?) as $5 add-ons sometime later this year. Haven't heard any word on it, but since the engine is done there's not much to add other than the art, some menu options, and some additional data for the AI (which is pretty decent, so far).

iKwick7
May 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
I downloaded the demo the other day, but haven't tried it yet- been to busy with Crackdown and Worms. I hear good things though.

Dagless
May 16, 2007, 01:00 PM
I've heard very good things off a friend. He describes it as a thinking mans Worms and just as good as such in a multiplayer. Which makes me very interested!

SpankyPenzaanz
May 17, 2007, 09:27 AM
I am hoping they add Axis and Allie and Risk as board games not the RtS's to XBLArcade soon