Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMD68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I'm on the "Angel" Stage of R:FoM. I'm in the latter part when these tree looking tall creatures keep coming out of cylinders. I wanted to know if anyone was at this stage and what a good strategy for it would be. They pack a pretty good punch and their are about a dozen of them that come to life randomly. A good double barrel shotgun blast seems to take them but its a very slow method. Any ideas?

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I used the machine gun and aimed for the head. Threw some grenades as well. I did it a while ago but I think the trick I found was to memorize where the came out, as there is a pattern to it, and then throw a grenade just before they get out so they don't have a chance to hit you.

I died a ton of times before i made it through so don't get discouraged!

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
SHOTGUN - one blast to the legs should knock them back and if you hit them right once more, they should go down. You may use all your shotgun ammo(since you don't get much) but they go down quickly. ;)
But yes, sikkinixx is right, watch the tubes come up so you can get a jump on them, or else they will gang up on you.....

*beat it twice, and am almost done beating co-player*

RMD68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Is there a set number of canisters and only one comes out of each portal or do they just keep on coming to a given number. In other words each whole in the ground has a canister. Once the canister comes up and the thing comes out of it is that hole done or can another canister come out of it. If only one comes out of each it would be easier for me to set up a pattern with them. I hope I made that clear.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Is there a set number of canisters and only one comes out of each portal or do they just keep on coming to a given number. In other words each whole in the ground has a canister. Once the canister comes up and the thing comes out of it is that hole done or can another canister come out of it. If only one comes out of each it would be easier for me to set up a pattern with them. I hope I made that clear.

Yes there is only one glass canister per hole in the ground.
Do whatever you feel is safest/easiest, but it shouldn't be too difficult to take each one out as they exit said canisters. You are not stuck with one strategy, as I am sure many people have passed that level doing many different things.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Havent played my console games in ages, but for what I remember I just watched as the canisters were about to break open and timed a grenade for each one. They all went down v.quickly :)

RMD68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Got it on the second try. I went to the western wall in the room and I waited for them to come to me. When they got within striking distance I blew them away with the Shotgun. It was a lot of fun and thanks for the input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.