Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

almukahhal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2007
Hello Everyone,
I am about to begin authoring mathematical content on the web. To do so, I need an HTML editor (wysiwyg), a graphing utility, and, most importantly, a software that would allow me to type mathematical equations on the web. My concern is the equation utility. I do not want to use the traditional equation editor because it can only display the equations as pictures, not as an equation that you can later manipulate.

I need your advice on the followings: I was told that MathML is a good way to write equations on the web. For the last two weeks, I have been trying to "install" it to my HTML editor (Dreamweaver and others I tried such as Mozilla and Nvu) but everytime I type an equation into the document, in the preview, it shows with lots of Mathml code. Can somebody please take me step by step and show me how I can correctly install mathML into, say, Dreamweaver (or any other editor that you may think it's better). Your help is greatly appreciated. You can either email me at <math.science@earthlink.net> or just post it here. Thanks a lot and have a great day.

~Augustine

yagran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Brighton, East Sussex, UK
Hello Everyone,
I am about to begin authoring mathematical content on the web. To do so, I need an HTML editor (wysiwyg), a graphing utility, and, most importantly, a software that would allow me to type mathematical equations on the web. My concern is the equation utility. I do not want to use the traditional equation editor because it can only display the equations as pictures, not as an equation that you can later manipulate.

I need your advice on the followings: I was told that MathML is a good way to write equations on the web. For the last two weeks, I have been trying to "install" it to my HTML editor (Dreamweaver and others I tried such as Mozilla and Nvu) but everytime I type an equation into the document, in the preview, it shows with lots of Mathml code. Can somebody please take me step by step and show me how I can correctly install mathML into, say, Dreamweaver (or any other editor that you may think it's better). Your help is greatly appreciated. You can either email me at <math.science@earthlink.net> or just post it here. Thanks a lot and have a great day.

~Augustine

hi, every math site that i have ever used that encorporates graphing and manipulates equations, uses Java. so i assume this is the best utility for it, although flahs would also definately do the job as it ahs great built in graph drawing functions and you could store different parts of the equation in different variables (like indicies) then display them in the appropriate place if you know what i mean?

hope i helped

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.