PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3 on a MacBook-crashing on quit

phanboyjohn
May 18, 2007, 07:02 AM
Hi folks,

I'm a big fan of Blizzard games (especially the hybrid CDs/DVDs they use), but have been running into a MAJOR problem--every time I exit Warcraft III, whether through the Main Menu or from within a game, the game locks up, making me force quit. This wouldn't be a big deal, but it messes with the OS enough (I had to force power down yesterday night) that it's troubling to me. Has anyone else had this trouble? Any suggestions? Thanks!

fan.of.M
May 18, 2007, 09:55 AM
You installed the latest patch, didn't you?

QCassidy352
May 18, 2007, 09:59 AM
I have the same problem. I have not found a way around it. Is this happening after playing custom maps?

ironic23
May 18, 2007, 10:12 AM
i have the same issue after playing wc3 on battlenet on a MP.

phanboyjohn
May 18, 2007, 10:21 AM
I do indeed have the patch, and it looks like several others are having this problem. Argh! Curse you Blizzard! If your games weren't so awesome, I'd be frustrated!

Any thoughts on the problem, folks? Has anyone tried the "deleting preferences" solution? I see that everywhere, but it looks like it applies to a different crash than I'm experiencing.

EDIT: And yes--it does occur after playing custom maps, I can't remember if it happens after SP stuff.

metallicaisgood
Jul 26, 2007, 07:14 PM
mine crashes after i close out of it also..

Littleodie914
Jul 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
Mine doesn't... weird! :confused: Seems like a pretty wide-spread issue, I'm sure they're working on something.

tidu
Aug 23, 2007, 11:41 AM
I have the same problem, except force quit doesn't work and I have to manually turn my MBP off every time. It's not only custom maps either.

I just installed it today and got the latest patch (1.21). Seems like a pretty big problem to overlook :p

evilgEEk
Aug 23, 2007, 01:27 PM
Happens to me on my PowerMac G5 and my MacBook. It doesn't happen every single time, but I've just gotten myself into the habit of going to window mode before I quit so as to make it easier to force quit if necessary.

I haven't been able to detect any pattern with the lock-ups. It has happened to me after playing b.net, custom and campaign maps.

Beny3h
May 25, 2008, 02:59 PM
It quits on the installer on my MacBook it wont install at all it does this error message thing :mad:

Hansen1142
Apr 24, 2009, 03:56 PM
I know this is a old thread to pull up - But i have the exact same problem.. Any suggestions now?

Any time i've played WC3, i had to forece a shutdown of my MBP.. I can't force quit..

I'm running latest patch - 1.23a