PDA

View Full Version : New PB on the way, some ?'s for you.

UltimaMAC
Jun 25, 2003, 07:26 PM
I know this probably is not big news anymore but my 17" beauty of a powerbook is shipping out tommorow on its way to my house. I am so excited so i thought i would tell you guys. Anyhow i already ordered 512 ram and a SpireUSA case (does it come with a sleeve anyone?). To all you already own a pb17 people are there any other "Musthaves" for me to order before this beast arrives? Also what games run the best at the native resolution? I already own warcraft III so give me some other options. Also any protective gear for my pb, since its like 3500.00, advice is welcome too. This is not my first mac, actually my 4th but i am overly excited for good reason i hope. Im sure i will have more questions once it arrives but all thoughts and advice is appreciated! Thanks

One last thing i am looking for from you fellow 17" owners is some links to your favorite "widescreen" backgrounds that really take advantage of our native resolution. I know you can stretch any wallpaper to make it fit but i would like something that is made for our view!!

Squall

cb911
Jun 25, 2003, 08:57 PM
congrats on the 17"!! :D should be sweet.

i can't really help you with accessories and stuff, but for large wallpapers you could try going to mandolux.com (http://www.mandolux.com). i'm pretty sure that they've got some massive wallpapers, as well as some giant dual-screen wallpapers. definitely worth a look.

with the popularity of the 17", i'm thinking that by now there would be a heap of sites with just wallpapers for the massive 17" screen. you'd probably be able to find something by Googling, having a look around.

good luck! :)