PDA

View Full Version : Lost Library - New Importing Settings

HelixOmnimedia
May 20, 2007, 08:54 AM
Hello,

I gave my computer a clean install yesterday, as I finished university, I backed everything up onto an external hard drive. HOWEVER... my iTunes Library file is corrupt, it just won't open, I've tried everything over the last four hours.

I've accepted the fact that I need to re-import all my music, it'll give me a chance to dig out old CDs I haven't seen in a while.
Anyway... there has been many discussion about what is the best settings to use when import music from CD into iTunes.

What is the best setting: AAC Encoder, AIFF Encoder, Apple Lossless Encoder, MP3 Encoder, WAV Encoder?

I've never really thought about it in the past and just left it to the default.

THANKS for any information.

Cinematographer
May 20, 2007, 01:41 PM
I backed everything up onto an external hard drive. HOWEVER... my iTunes Library file is corrupt, it just won't open, []

I've accepted the fact that I need to re-import all my music, [].

I hope you know that you don't have to reimport everything just because the Library file is corrupt.

Just start with a blank iTunes. Then add the backed up music files to the library. You will lose the playcount and playlist information, but you don't have to re-encode the music files and you keep the quality of the original ripping.

HelixOmnimedia
May 20, 2007, 01:52 PM
I hope you know that you don't have to reimport everything just because the Library file is corrupt.

Just start with a blank iTunes. Then add the backed up music files to the library. You will lose the playcount and playlist information, but you don't have to re-encode the music files and you keep the quality of the original ripping.

It worked! That saved me hours of work. THANKS VERY MUCH :)

Cinematographer
May 20, 2007, 11:50 PM
My pleasure. :)