Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iaincannell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2007
I recorded myself doing a DJ set recently through garageband, and have come to the point where I need to cut it into individual tracks, as it's not really very inviting to have a 50-minute long set with no idea where the song boundaries lie. I cut the track up into individual songs and began the tedious process of copying and pasting the split songs into another project, then exporting each individual one to itunes as an individual song, however when they are exported to itunes, there is, after each one, 2 to 5 seconds of silence. I tried setting it to a gapless album in itunes but to no avail, I also tried setting the crossfader on itunes to catch it, but the length of silence varies so it sounds messy. Is there any way of eliminating this silence so that the song in itunes actually ends where the song ends in garageband?

Bit long-winded I know, but if you've got this far, thanks for reading, I hope you can be of some assistance.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Hi Ian,

I don't use Garageband at all so forgive me if this is way off. However, if the issue lies with each individual track, have you got any settings on in Garageband that add silence at the beginning and end of each track?

So for example, in the continuos mix that you did, is there any silence at the beginning and end of the 50 minutes?

Just a thought, but probably incorrect!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.