PDA

View Full Version : reading data from the iPod

shadowfax
Jun 27, 2003, 01:05 AM
as many of you may have seen, i tried panther last night, didn't like it, and decided to clean install Jag back onto my computer and then copy my files back over and reinstall all my apps. a day's work, aye. i had my files all backed up to the iPod.

so today, i get everything installed and updated to 10.2.6, and put in my iPod, and start the transfer. it stops. permission error. don't own something in downloads folder. so i start to copy the rest of my stuff over. as if by magic, it gets "caught" in random places. the transfer stops. i leave it for awhile, come back, the thing is still there. relaunch finder? too frozen to act? quit, quit, quit... nothing is responding! force restart.... have to reset the iPod now.... finish the trasfer. stuck on same file. restart everything, start transfer in the place after bad file... only to get caught after another 500 MB of transfer on another file. all told, there are 5 files on it--normal things like mp3s, m4as, PSDs--that won't copy over and freeze my system when i try to look at them now (i was viewing them just fine before i backed them up, and got no transfer error when i put them onto the iPod). i had 2 kernel panics today during the boot process. what a bunch of crap. does anyone have any idea why this could have happened?