PDA

View Full Version : WWDC products in stores yet?

tazo
Jun 27, 2003, 03:32 AM
Are the G5s and iSights in Apple retail stores yet? If they are I might pay a visit to the Bell. Sq. one this weekend...

Kwyjibo
Jun 27, 2003, 09:42 AM
the applestore in oakbrook had isights but no apple stores will have g5s till august according to the sales reps

wdlove
Jun 27, 2003, 10:15 AM
That doesn't seem like a proper marketing strategy. I would think it would increase sales to have a actual G5 in the Apple Store for customers. My wife and others were very disappointed when the 17" PowerBook wasn't avaialbe! :(

Kwyjibo
Jun 27, 2003, 10:24 AM
I see what your saying but when the are giving themselves a 2-3 month window to get the machines to people i'm nto exactly sure all the detials are panned out. I woudl suspect they still have to fine tune even the units that are going out into the stores..

tazo
Jun 27, 2003, 11:07 PM
Well I still want to see the iSight, maybe even play around with it :P

akushlan
Jun 28, 2003, 11:32 AM
The Palo Alto Apple Store actually had some of the single 1.6 processor machines in the back and were rapidly selling them (they only had like 6).
Almost all of those who bought one also put a deposit down for the Dual 2GHz model. LOL

Sedulous
Jun 28, 2003, 12:17 PM
I dunno, I am going to go check out the Apple store nearby. Maybe they have some new goodies.

wdlove
Jun 28, 2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by akushlan
The Palo Alto Apple Store actually had some of the single 1.6 processor machines in the back and were rapidly selling them (they only had like 6).
Almost all of those who bought one also put a deposit down for the Dual 2GHz model. LOL

I thought that they weren't available for purchase till August. If true they are some really lucky individuals! :confused:

iJon
Jun 28, 2003, 05:33 PM
explain some more please? where you there.

iJon

evil
Jun 28, 2003, 05:47 PM
i dont believe it.

iJon
Jun 28, 2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by evil
i dont believe it.
i dont believe it either, thats why I asked to explain more.

iJon

Sun Baked
Jun 28, 2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by iJon
i dont believe it either, thats why I asked to explain more.

iJon Just look at some of his old posts...

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=178020

iJon
Jun 28, 2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
Just look at some of his old posts...

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=178020
ah, everything makes perfect sense to me now.

iJon

evil
Jun 28, 2003, 06:23 PM
hahahaha

wdlove
Jun 28, 2003, 06:38 PM
If something seems to be to good to be true, then it's usually false! That is the kind of rumor that is wrong!:(

tazo
Jun 28, 2003, 07:39 PM
well I am at the bellevue sq. apple store, posting from a isight enabled iBook. The isight is ok, albeit big, odd looking, and out of place on a white iBook. no G5s as expected, but a steady stream of people coming in, playing with the iPods and the powerbooks.

KingDanimus
Jun 30, 2003, 12:17 PM
I have a feeling Akushlan may be editor or MacWhispers.
;)