PDA

View Full Version : Cheap vs. New ?

Espoir07
May 25, 2007, 05:00 PM
I lost my iPod 3G a few months ago and now I'm going on holiday and I could pick up the 5G for about 50 then what it costs where I live (UK).

Is it worth me getting a cheaper one, or hold out until the next iPod update....which should be soon....?

What do you guys (/gals) think?

gregjp48
May 25, 2007, 06:16 PM
I lost my iPod 3G a few months ago and now I'm going on holiday and I could pick up the 5G for about 50 then what it costs where I live (UK).

Is it worth me getting a cheaper one, or hold out until the next iPod update....which should be soon....?

What do you guys (/gals) think?

Depends.

You ahven't told us wheter you would be using the video, or are just happy with audio. Are you happy with the features on the 5th generation? The 6th gen rumors a full screen ipod, but it's all speculation, so don't get your hopes up. It really depends more on your needs than anything else.

Kaiser Phoenix
May 25, 2007, 07:34 PM
I think you should wait coz 2nd hand ipods can/may have very poor battery life...And then if you try to exchange the battery, it will cost money. Just wait for an update or rather get the Nano 2nd generation, they are flashbased and have better battery, once then new ipods come out, u can still use ur nano as a gym/jogging one for example.

Espoir07
May 26, 2007, 04:30 AM
I think you should wait coz 2nd hand ipods can/may have very poor battery life...

If I get one abroad it wouldn't be second-hand anyway.

I think I would use the video abilities of the 5G but that's not very important, I would use it mainly for audio, it's just a nice bonus, is video.

gregjp48
May 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
you just answered your own question.
a 5G would fit your needs perfectly then, no use waiting for the video features of the 6G.
Plus you'll be getting a substantial discount, which is a plus :)