PDA

View Full Version : ipod headphone jack pauses ipod automatically... when not wanted

gregjp48
May 25, 2007, 06:13 PM
The headphone jack on my fourth generation ipod feels worn out, like the headphones just come out of it a bit too easily, like there's no reisitance. Weel when i'm listening, if the headphone jack plugged in is rotated a bit or whatever in the jack or bumped, the ipod thinks the headphones have been removed and pauses the music accordingly. Is there a way to fix theproblem, or at least turn off the auto-pause feature?

Thank you.

Eraserhead
May 25, 2007, 06:30 PM
No, and it is annoying at times.

gregjp48
May 26, 2007, 05:35 PM
damn
so this is a recurring problem with 4G ipods?

gauchogolfer
May 26, 2007, 05:37 PM
damn
so this is a recurring problem with 4G ipods?

I don't think it's a problem with any specific sort of iPod, I think that your case is unusual (headphone jack going quirky). Having the auto-pause feature could, I suppose, be a user-option, enabled via software preferences, however.

gregjp48
May 26, 2007, 08:25 PM
The hard drive connector has been acting up as well
gah of course it's out of warranty
I was planning on getting a nano when with the next capacity update, so I'll wait until then (good ol flash dimms)

RaMaz
May 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
send it into apple for repair
:apple:

gregjp48
May 26, 2007, 11:17 PM
send it into apple for repair
:apple:
I'll most definitely be charged for this since it's out of warranty, so I can live wtih it until I can get a new nano.
otherwise i could just get the 8 gig nano now, but i wanted to wait for 12-16gb so that way there would be more room to grow.

psycoswimmer
May 26, 2007, 11:19 PM
This happened with my 4G iPod too, but it wasn't the jack, it was the headphones. I picked up a new pair of Apple Headphones and it was fine. :)

PkennethV
May 27, 2007, 12:42 AM
otherwise i could just get the 8 gig nano now, but i wanted to wait for 12-16gb so that way there would be more room to grow.

You can get a 30gb video for the same price as a 8gb nano. yes, it know, it is (physically) bigger...