Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scooterspud

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2003
My university is selling the 1ghz, superdrive Tibooks for $1999, brand news and complete with (old) airport and 3 year applecare included. Is this something I should go for? I mean, I need a new mac -- someone got me an ipod, and my old iMac doesn't have firewire! Since the 15" AlBooks aren't here (and I probably wouldn't want to pay $2500+ for one), it's either the Tibook, a 12" PB or 14" ibook. Any thoughts?

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Re: Should I buy a discount TiBook?

Originally posted by scooterspud
My university is selling the 1ghz, superdrive Tibooks for $1999, brand news and complete with (old) airport and 3 year applecare included. Is this something I should go for? I mean, I need a new mac -- someone got me an ipod, and my old iMac doesn't have firewire! Since the 15" AlBooks aren't here (and I probably wouldn't want to pay $2500+ for one), it's either the Tibook, a 12" PB or 14" ibook. Any thoughts?

The current price for that machine from the Apple Store is $2,599.00. Most likely that will be the price for the next 15" machines, and these "older" ones will drop down in price, but probably not enough to make the deal you are getting a bad one.

Remember, Apple Care is expensive.

happywok

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
ny
Re: Should I buy a discount TiBook?

I agree that it'll be a pretty fair deal even after the TiBooks get EOL'd.

I've love my 667 DVI but:
a)it's easy to chip and I have a lot of chips. Be gentle.
b)the paint above the cd is blistering. Not much you can do about this.

I mention these things because I'm sure they'll affect the resale value.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.