PDA

View Full Version : New Ipod Nano, When?!

kristoffer4
May 26, 2007, 12:30 PM
Do you think we will see a new new Nano at WWDC? :)
It's been a while since last update and I would like one with just a little big better screen...
But what I really want is a Ipod Mini that's as thin as the nano :D
Bring on the Ipod Nano Mini!

FleurDuMal
May 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
I dunno. Seems like the iPhone is taking all the iPod/Nano thunder at the moment.

MacSA
May 27, 2007, 03:24 PM
A larger screen would be better....but that might compromise battery life I suppse.

jackc
May 27, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'm just hoping for storage/price update soon.

mtrctyjoe
Jun 7, 2007, 07:03 AM
I know it is hard to get excited about the Nano... but I need one and ofcourse I always seem to need a new Apple Product just at the end of a life cycle. I really do not want to wait until SEPTEMBER... so I hope they do something SOON.

shipdestroyer
Jun 7, 2007, 07:10 AM
I'm thinking the next nano update will be a 2.5G sort of thing - higher capacity, maybe longer battery life, etc.

emotion
Jun 7, 2007, 07:35 AM
After the back to school promotion?

Vidd
Jun 7, 2007, 07:51 AM
After the back to school promotion?

That's probably most likely.

Draythor
Jun 7, 2007, 06:07 PM
Longer battery life?
The new iPod Nano, it lasts FOREVER, and we mean forever!

thekiller
Jun 7, 2007, 06:31 PM
my guess is it'll be released after wwdc, since the nano is not a pro product...

summit99
Jun 7, 2007, 06:52 PM
For several weeks, the current ipod models were for sale via an online discount-goods site in New Zealand (http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/) at lower prices than those on the Apple site. When I checked today, they're no longer listed.

Apple obviously wanted to get rid of a few ipods in a hurry....:rolleyes:

New models on the way?;)

jellz
Jun 8, 2007, 04:04 AM
For several weeks, the current ipod models were for sale via an online discount-goods site in New Zealand (http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/) at lower prices than those on the Apple site. When I checked today, they're no longer listed.

Apple obviously wanted to get rid of a few ipods in a hurry....:rolleyes:

New models on the way?;)

duh! of course apple is trying to get rid of the current ipods. Back to school promotion sound familiar? My guess is they're going to release new ones AFTER they get rid of most of them through the college students promotion thingy.

dXTC
Jun 8, 2007, 08:20 AM
If there is indeed a new nano design on the way, it had better be mindblowing, because the current design is dangerously close to perfect already.

Seriously, my blue nano is the most elegant piece of electronics I own, and will remain so for a while longer.

The only improvements I can foresee have already been described by jackc: more storage for the same or lower price. Or, perhaps, wireless battery charging via magnetic resonance, as profiled in this MSNBC article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19098305/).

virus1
Jun 8, 2007, 08:26 AM
Yeah, also new graphics/software. Like the ability to play iPod games. Bluetooth or something would also be nice, but the current nano is quite stunning already. I think we can expect at least a few of these this fall, as well as some nice price drops/ storage increases.

PSPFourLife
Jun 8, 2007, 12:06 PM
A larger screen would be better....but that might compromise battery life I suppse.

In addition to that, it'd make the iPod Nano body/casing weird. It wouldn't be a Nano anymore.

I don't think they will. The iPhone is taking everything, so they'll probably be talking about that anyways. If they do, then thats something I didn't see coming...

JuicyGoo
Jun 11, 2007, 11:14 AM
I'm praying for new Nanos to come out.

My 3G iPod is dying an ugly death and I need an interim Nano while waiting for the 6G iPod.

Come on Steve, don't let me down!

jackc
Jun 11, 2007, 04:05 PM
I guess it was a long shot for a developers conference. Hopefully at least a minor update is coming soon. The buyer's guide says "don't buy"!

Tadow
Jun 11, 2007, 06:31 PM
All of the refurbished 2G 4GB nanos are now $129 instead of $149(price last week) but the other refurbished models have remained the same. Kind of strange.