Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PrOoF86644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2003
I am working on a pretty big project in FCP3 for a client and whenever I open up my project the movie automatically starts playing and pausing itself over and over again. Please help me.

PrOoF86644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2003
well i posted a forum on the discussion page at apple but no one is helping me. I really need to find a fix. Someone has to know how to solve this hiccup

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by PrOoF86644
well i posted a forum on the discussion page at apple but no one is helping me. I really need to find a fix. Someone has to know how to solve this hiccup

Yeah, I thought this post sound familair... ;)

Have you tried repairing permissions? Trashing the prefs? What about opening up a previous version from autosave and seeing if it does it too? I know I've had a couple of project files "go bad" and just start acting weird. Does this happen in just this one project or in every project?

If none of this helps try posting in the FCP forums at
creativecow.net.

Lethal

PrOoF86644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2003
alrighty I'll repair my permissions and what not. It's weird because this is the only project that is affected

PrOoF86644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2003
Cancel that the problem is back! I repaired permissions again and I deleted the preferences and still nothing. I have no idea what is causing this problem.

Schiffi

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Missouri
Anything else that changed during that moment it worked? If it's the only project affected, see if you can restart the project.

PrOoF86644

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2003
Restart as in I lose all my work? There has to be something else I can do to fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.