Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Hello,

Probably that I lack the talent required to properly do a search, but I haven't found an answer on this. :)

I have a few subscriptions to Podcasts and I set iTunes to upload only the unplayed ones to my iPod. The problems is that there are always already played ones on the iPod.

Is this "normal" or there is a way to enforce my setting?

Thanks!

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
That's my setting. For the iPod, it is:

Sync: "All unplayed" of Selected Podcasts.

That's the "problem", the iTunes does not delete the played ones and they wind up on the iPod.

I put problem in quotes, because otherwise the iPod and my Mac are great (of course). :)

Cheers!

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
When you listen to a podcast, do you let it run all the way through, or do you stop the podcast before the timer goes down to 00? The podcast is marked as played only once the timer has gone all the way down. So, if you don't want to listen to the "goodbyes" "ads" etc. that show up on the end of podcasts, use your scroll wheel to run all the way to the end.

Hope that helps!

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
When you listen to a podcast, do you let it run all the way through, or do you stop the podcast before the timer goes down to 00? The podcast is marked as played only once the timer has gone all the way down. So, if you don't want to listen to the "goodbyes" "ads" etc. that show up on the end of podcasts, use your scroll wheel to run all the way to the end.

Hope that helps!

My iPod actually marks it as played the instant you start. Now, playcounts for normal songs on the other hand, that requires going all the way to the end.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Hmmm. On mine (5.5 gen iPod, iTunes 7.xx) the little blue button goes away when I start to listen, but it is marked as played once it gets to the end. That is the way it was explained to me on several forums, and it is the way it seems to work for me.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Paying it to the end seems promising (and logical). I will try it when I get the chance!

Thanks!

UPDATED: That did it! :)

MagicUK

macrumors regular
May 12, 2007
Hampshire, England
I confirm! Starting it is usually enough to mark it as played!

In reply to the original post, what type of iPod, is it running the latest firmware etc..

I have had a few funnies when changing the setting while the iPod is connected, but it usually sorts itself out if I eject it and then reconnect it.

Also when making changes make sure you click the "Apply button".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.