PDA

View Full Version : iPod screen BLANK...won't turn on

cloudsfromiowa
May 28, 2007, 12:38 AM
My iPod wouldn't turn off the other day and now it won't turn on. When I tried to turn it on today, it showed the apple and then NOTHING. And nothing happens when I plug it into iTunes either. It doesn't say it's charging...just a blank screen. It doesn't grind or anything. Am I out of luck?
Thanks...

EricNau
May 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
Have you tried resetting the iPod (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705)?

Cindynjgirl79
May 28, 2007, 01:50 AM
1st what kind is it? do u have applecare on this iPod? if it's a video, i would say it's the harddrive. my guess for now.

spork183
May 28, 2007, 01:55 AM
My iPod wouldn't turn off the other day and now it won't turn on. When I tried to turn it on today, it showed the apple and then NOTHING. And nothing happens when I plug it into iTunes either. It doesn't say it's charging...just a blank screen. It doesn't grind or anything. Am I out of luck?
Thanks...

Have you left it in to charge for an extended period? I had the same thing happen a while back when the battery got totally drained because it wouldn't turn off. Plugged it in and kept unplugging it because it wasn't charging. finally plugged it into the wall and forgot it. 30 minutes later it was charging, no problem since. Maybe that is the case with yours.

Or, you could have fried everything and lost all your music... Bad Joss.

iToaster
May 28, 2007, 02:09 AM
Well that sucks. What kind is it? Do you have Apple Care? If so, you may want to try our methods and then contact Apple if it doesn't work.

cloudsfromiowa
May 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
You people are the BEST!!! I tried resetting it and it worked...the battery indicator is low and red...I'll recharge it and I'm set to go!!! Thank you so much!!!!