PDA

View Full Version : next iPod versions come out when?

bcline
May 28, 2007, 01:58 PM
I desperately need a new one, mine has gone kaput on me. Any idea when the next ones come out??

aricher
May 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
Most people here seem to think that it won't receive any major update until the end of the year pre-holiday buying season. My guess is that they'll probably bump the hard drive size before then but due to the iPhone you probably won't see a major change until 3rd quarter '07. Just a guess though.

psychofreak
May 28, 2007, 03:02 PM
I really hope that it gets updated on June 11th...it has been a LONG time since an update (and the iPhone makes it look incredibly outdated)...I'm also going away for a month from a week into July, so I would like to hold my whole library (right now I have a 15GB 3G iPod), but don't want to splash out for the 5G :)

kuebby
May 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
At this point there's no way we'll see a new iPod before the iPhone release. I could see one right around beginning of September like when the Nanos and 5Gs were upgraded last year. But no matter what before Thanksgiving; I'm not 100% but I just can't imagine the iPod getting through this year with a major upgrade to the main line.

bcline
May 28, 2007, 05:17 PM
hmm....shucks, i guess i'll dish out for one now, I really can't wait more than a month, i'm going through withdrawals....

Vidd
May 28, 2007, 05:24 PM
I remember people suggesting not to buy the 5.5G because it was just a slight refresh supposedly not long before a proper 6G model was to be introduced.
Gosh, am I glad that I got one when they were released.

I'm sure they'll give the iPhone a little more attention for now. There's no point in hurting its sales.
Remember, the iPhone isn't even out in Europe until Q4! They'll have to handle that well.