PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my harddrive in my 3rd Gen iPod?

jive
May 29, 2007, 01:07 PM
I have a 15Gb 3rd Gen model and I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade the memory? I know it's possible to replace the HD but every case of this was replacing it with the same size of HD.

I'd much rather just boost up my HD (maybe replace the battery again) than buy a new iPod - so does anyone have any links? I'm in the UK if that matters to anyone.

Cheers

Eraserhead
May 29, 2007, 01:12 PM
When I last looked a new HD will set you back 100, now the cost may have gone done since, but unfortunately I suspect a new iPod is more worthwhile.

jive
May 29, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hmm, they seem to cost about 90... Cheaper than buying a new iPod anyway. I have 38Gb worth of music and then around 110Gb of movies and tv shows. I don't really like watching stuff on iPods and the colour screen doesn't really bother me - my iPod sits in my pocket most of the time anyway. The only thing stopping me is how hard it is to replace? Has anyone here done it?

Eraserhead
May 29, 2007, 01:22 PM
The only thing stopping me is how hard it is to replace?

I've replaced the battery and you go straight past the HD (3G too), so it's easier than replacing the battery. It requires a lot of patience and time, but isn't too bad, the difficultly is removing the back of the iPod

It's probably worth replacing the battery at the same time though.