Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squeezy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
So the DVD went in fine, and so have a few others today, I've never had a problem with my drive. Now it wont eject the disc, it tries, sounds like it's blocked, and sets the disc back in. I assume I'm going to have to take it apart. I don't know where to start, I have an Intel Mini.

squeezy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
Try...

Code:
drutil tray eject
In Terminal (/Applications/Utilities)

Wow, that did it, thanks! I tried F12, reboot with mouse button, nothing. Thank you so much. Should I take a look at it still? Or is it something that just happens with these type of drives time to time?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Wow, that did it, thanks! I tried F12, reboot with mouse button, nothing. Thank you so much. Should I take a look at it still? Or is it something that just happens with these type of drives time to time?
I've had trapped discs before. You might want to try a blank disc in it again to see if it was just a fluke or it's a real problem.

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
Discs sometimes get stuck when there's a bad line or code or some screwy data or something... computer takes forever trying to figure it out and basically can't eject it until it's "done" and it never will be.

Terminal is awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.