Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Hey everyone.

A while back last year, I found a link on this forum to a website (actually, I think it was a post in a blog) that was called "A Switcher's Guide to OS X" or something extremely close to it. It was really informative and helpful and also gave a lot of detail on what certain programs everyone should have to do certain things they would normally do in Windows. I tried searching the forum for the link, but I had no luck. I thought I had it bookmarked but it must've gotten deleted somehow. If anyone has any idea on what I'm talking about or know where I kind find the website at, please let me know! Thanks so much. :)

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Thanks for the quick replies! :)

That was it!!! When I clicked on the link, however, it took me to a "This page cannot be displayed" page. Crap! :( It was SUCH a good reference too. I refreshed several times and still nothing.

I don't think you're talking about this one, but it does something very similar:

http://www.xvsxp.com

Here are other ones:

http://www.applematters.com/index.p...-windows-and-mac-equivalents-and-differences/

Those are actually two other ones I had bookmarked as well and lost. Thanks!

willow

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2003
France
That was it!!! When I clicked on the link, however, it took me to a "This page cannot be displayed" page. Crap! :( It was SUCH a good reference too. I refreshed several times and still nothing.
Well it's working for me (opera, firefox, ie). You can try Google cached version of the page
Anyway, the other links mkrishnan and i mentioned provide the exact same information. Hope that helps.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
I got it to work just now as well. :) I guess blogspot.com was down for a few? Thanks so much for the welcome, mkrishnan! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.