PDA

View Full Version : random startup

dukebound85
May 31, 2007, 12:41 AM
i had just installed the latest itunes and since then, itunes randomly starts every couple of minutes. i tried to repair permissions but it hasnt affected it. any ideas?

thanks

mad jew
May 31, 2007, 01:45 AM
Got any iTunes widgets installed?

dukebound85
May 31, 2007, 02:20 AM
Got any iTunes widgets installed?

none that are active

ps: its getting annoying lol

mad jew
May 31, 2007, 02:25 AM
Okay cool, well what other apps are running? Do you have any peripherals plugged in? If you're bored, then create a new user account in System Preferences and see if it randomly starts up there too.

dukebound85
May 31, 2007, 02:44 AM
Okay cool, well what other apps are running? Do you have any peripherals plugged in? If you're bored, then create a new user account in System Preferences and see if it randomly starts up there too.

at the time i noticed it i was running quicktime and firefox. i also have all my music on my external. i verified the external and so far it hasnt done it, this confused me as verifying the disc doesnt do anything right?

anyways thanks for the help and if it acts up again, ill try the another account thing

mad jew
May 31, 2007, 02:52 AM
Verifying the drive shouldn't affect it at all. Firefox may have been trying to open it to stream something for you, but I imagine you would have known about it. I dunno. Tell us exactly what you're doing and what's open the next time it opens randomly, because I can just imagine how annoying it'd be for you.

dukebound85
Jun 1, 2007, 01:05 AM
well it has stopped. it was wierd since i also did a restart and that didnt solve it initially either. owell im glad it hasnt happened since but thanks mad jew!

mad jew
Jun 1, 2007, 07:38 PM
Haha, no worries mate. Can't say I really helped though. :D