Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plumbstone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I have a new Macpro which came with 10.4.9 pre-installed, for the last month pro-tools has flatly refused to open, the drivers work fine with logic but no PT. Yesterday I installed the 2 security updates (1 of which was specifically for quicktime) and hey presto PT LE now works perfectly! :) :)

I know there are a load of folk with the same problem so if you are one of them give software update a whirl....

zygo

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2006
UK
Are you using any NI plugins??? I have been having issues (M-powered 7.3) and use the full range of Native Instruments plugins-which some people are saying add to the problems. Just wondering cos if you are then I'll definately try the updates.

sangamc

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2006
i had alot of problems with NI plugins. once i got rid of them it works like a charm in 10.4.9

Plumbstone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Are you using any NI plugins??? I have been having issues (M-powered 7.3) and use the full range of Native Instruments plugins-which some people are saying add to the problems. Just wondering cos if you are then I'll definately try the updates.

I am using pretty much all of them and it works great..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.