PDA

View Full Version : DRM-free songs in other devices than iPod?

Evangelion
Jun 1, 2007, 03:35 AM
So, have you guys tested playing back those DRM-free iTunes-songs in other devices than iPods? I read on Ars Technica forums that there are some issues with them. I tried moving one of my purchased songs ("Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd) to my Nokia E61 which plays back AAC, at it couldn't play the file.

The Nokia Music Manager that I used to move the file does have a setting to "Conver to mobile optimized format". If I ran the song through that, then it works.

KKKL
Jun 1, 2007, 09:25 AM
So, have you guys tested playing back those DRM-free iTunes-songs in other devices than iPods? I read on Ars Technica forums that there are some issues with them. I tried moving one of my purchased songs ("Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd) to my Nokia E61 which plays back AAC, at it couldn't play the file.

The Nokia Music Manager that I used to move the file does have a setting to "Conver to mobile optimized format". If I ran the song through that, then it works.

most mobile phones do not support aac file in such high bit rate
i dont know how's that about your nokia e61
but my motorola v3i only supports aac file up to 192kbps
you can convert the song to a lower bit rate or even other format
drm-free only gives us the possibility but not guarantee

Anonymous Freak
Jun 1, 2007, 10:51 AM
iTunes Plus files play just fine on my Palm OS device through the third-party media app TCPMP; but not throught the included Music Player. DRM-laden AAC files do *NOT* play.

My Nokia cell phone (Symbian OS based,) is too old and slow for AAC in any bitrate.