Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Hi, I've always had a bit of an interest in Photography, but I'm now starting to get into it more. I've just bought myself a Nikon D80 and downloaded the 30 day trial of Lightroom.

I'm liking the look of Lightroom and am leaning towards buying a license and keeping it, but I just wondered about how easy it is to export to iPhoto keeping the keywords etc. The reason for wanting to do that is because I have an AppleTV.

I should probably research myself, but just wondered if any of you guys had already played around with this.

Thanks.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I've not heard of any way of getting this to work from Lightroom. Aperture does it automatically, built-in. You could try the 30 day trial and see what you think...

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Does the Apple TV by any chance have a means of syncing its photos from a folder, like the iPod does? I have my iPod sync with the folder where my Lightroom library is and it gets all the images except the raw-format ones, which I suppose one would have to export to JPEG as well for it to take them.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Hey,

Maybe not exactly what you need but there is a Lightroom to iPhoto export plugin. It exports your photo's with all the keywords and metadata to iPhoto just like the built in 'Export to disk' action does. It creates a copy so it's not perfect but it works. Have a look at http://www.suffix.be/blog/lightroom-iphoto-export.

The downside to that, like you said is that it makes a copy of the file. iPhoto lets you "reference" an Aperture image, so that you keep the file in Aperture, and iPhoto is just allowed to "see" it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.