PDA

View Full Version : monitor problem

krossfyter
Mar 19, 2002, 07:13 PM
I work at a mac lab. One of the quick silver computer monitors, which is a 17" apple flat panel display, is kinda messed up. It has a yellow-orangish vertical line on it. It appears after you turn it on and stays on. What is this? How do I get it off?

thanks.

dnelsongb
Mar 19, 2002, 08:12 PM
YOU DONT!

First you call Applecare or the place you purchased it from, they will send you a box and you will pack up the monitor, send it to apple, wait a few days and viola, its fixed.

Good Luck!

krossfyter
Mar 19, 2002, 11:11 PM
do you know what this problem is? i will call apple care. thanks.

MacAztec
Mar 20, 2002, 12:04 AM
I was at...CompUSA I believe...and I saw the same exact thing on a PowerBook. It had a big yellow line about 2/3 of the way down the screen. Maybe Apple had a bad batch of LCDs or something. Call Apple, they should fix it.

krossfyter
Mar 20, 2002, 12:16 AM
yeah i thought about calling them but i decided to post here first to just make sure it cant be fixed by just anyone.

MacAztec
Mar 20, 2002, 12:35 AM
How long have you had your monitor? Its an Apple 17in Studio LCD, right?

I dont think I really like Apple's monitor look anymore. There is this one company...GOSH, WHAT IS THEIR NAME...they had displays at MWSF and stuff. Their monitor is like 17.4 in, and its rounded on the bottom, LCD. Well, anyways, its an AWESOME monitor. Its also 100 dollars cheaper than apples!

krossfyter
Mar 20, 2002, 01:44 AM
since the end of dec. of last year...realitively new.

IndyGopher
Mar 20, 2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by MacAztec (formerly Mac_User)
How long have you had your monitor? Its an Apple 17in Studio LCD, right?

I dont think I really like Apple's monitor look anymore. There is this one company...GOSH, WHAT IS THEIR NAME...they had displays at MWSF and stuff. Their monitor is like 17.4 in, and its rounded on the bottom, LCD. Well, anyways, its an AWESOME monitor. Its also 100 dollars cheaper than apples!

I think you are describing the new Formac Gallery 1740 flat panels. And yes, they are very nice monitors.. and as far as I know, the only non-Apple ADC monitors available.

krossfyter
Mar 20, 2002, 01:58 AM
yep they are nice. cheaper then the apple flat panal. however the contrast on those compared to apple's is to a bit off....the flesh tones on the apple one are more realistic.